• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Animal Crossing: Jump Out Details

Sounds like the Tea Party runs the government in this game.

If you actually look at it, there isn't much of any government in Animal Crossing. The free market is the dominating force in the town. Mayor Tortimer doesn't really run the town, and only shows up for holidays and contests. There are police dogs, but only two, ensuring the town can run itself in a Mayberry-like manner. Just like the Tea Party wants it.

Also, this looks pretty cool. I might actually pick this up. Give me something to do besides harvesting exotic fruit to pay off my mortgage.

Snegurochka

Neo Member
flawless moe better be in the game <3
tIG6i.png

RagnarokX

If you actually look at it, there isn't much of any government in Animal Crossing. The free market is the dominating force in the town. Mayor Tortimer doesn't really run the town, and only shows up for holidays and contests. There are police dogs, but only two, ensuring the town can run itself in a Mayberry-like manner. Just like the Tea Party wants it.

Also, this looks pretty cool. I might actually pick this up. Give me something to do besides harvesting exotic fruit to pay off my mortgage.

I'm talking about the idea that laws, once written, cannot be changed.

I don't like that idea very much. We should instead have the ability to hold democratic meetings at the behest of the town, with contextual AI and ballot-casting based on genuine issues needed to be addressed. See? That's potential right there. I hope something like that appears in the main game, and not every structural rule is perfectly in-place for the rest of the town's life cycle.

I really can't wait for Animal Crossing 3DS.

I really like the things you can build as the mayor. Very much looking forward to making a campsite

More New Info? Added to the OP.

New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
Flower Shop Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Hooter's little sister.
Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
Start the game off in a tent.
Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

They're bringing villager fetch quests to a whole new level with the flower-shop-sloth? I'm excited.

I also just realized that "Jump In" also references the ability to swim in this installment. In 3D!

Kesagiri

More New Info?

New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
Flower Shop Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
Museum: Open 34 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Hooter's little sister.
Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
Speck Shop: Taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
Start the game off in a tent.
Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Open 34 hours? Blathers has really outdone himself this time!

Galang

Banned
It's nice to see them actually add a lot of features for this version.

Hope they let you ship the unwanted animals to islands or something. Or better yet let pitfalls send the animals to the underworld instead... I have mad hate for some of them. Process to boot animals out of town in the past versions wasn't good enough for me. I want the perfect town this time.

Tiktaalik

It's not a life simulator, it's a "communication game." Nintendo describes it as such itself. So much of your time is spent interacting with the villagers, and this is what has been enhanced the LEAST from version to version.

There is SO much they could do there. Real factions within the village. Friends because of shared opinions and hobbies, not just gifts. People forming impressions of you because of the things you say. Natural affinities. Cliques. ACTUAL COMMUNITY BUILDING.

But no, we get the ability to texture the sleeves on a shirt.

This is what I've been wanting as well. In such a game you wouldn't be mayor for life but rather you'd have to get elected and be on good terms with your neighbours.

Oh my god

I was a barista for four and a half years

and you're telling me...

I CAN GET MY OLD BELOVED JOB BACK? THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO!

This sounds like such a phenomenal game

Huh, with all the new shops and features, I wonder whether this game's map will be any bigger... certainly achievable with the tech, we've had pretty much similarly sized towns since the N64.

Kokonoe

Banned
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

Sold.

What I want is an Animal Crossing game where there grows no weed. Returning to AC after a couple of weeks was a nightmare because of that.

I'm not sure I get the difference between the different Nook shops. Does Tom sell the stuff for the exterior of your house, like lanterns and roofs etc, while the twins sell the furniture etc?

Is this a result of a falling out in the Nook family or just Tom's next step in Village domination?

Senator Soufflé;42347448 said:
I'm not sure I get the difference between the different Nook shops. Does Tom sell the stuff for the exterior of your house, like lanterns and roofs etc, while the twins sell the furniture etc?

Is this a result of a falling out in the Nook family or just Tom's next step in Village domination?

Aye, Tom Nook = houses, outside of your house stuff
Twins = other stuff usually found in Tom Nook's shop/inside stuff.

Celegus

Do we know if you start off as the mayor living in a tent, or do you work your way up through bribery, campaigning, and backstabbing to win over the people?

Top Bottom