• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah yeah, I guess we'll do it at 9pm/6pm, sorry. So about 20 minutes.

BILLIE!! And schuelma!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ah yeah, I guess we'll do it at 9pm/6pm, sorry. So about 20 minutes.

BILLIE!! And schuelma!

Sorry no go for me tonight. Wife is watching the closing ceremonies. If only I could play the game on a controller while my wife was watching the tv. Nintendo should make a system that can do that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sorry no go for me tonight. Wife is watching the closing ceremonies. If only I could play the game on a controller while my wife was watching the tv. Nintendo should make a system that can do that.

Fricking Nintendo. If only MonHun was on the PS3, then you could stream to your Vita. :(

Well a few of us are online now. Greed1, Gate 40, City 40.

Be on in about 15 minutes, I have some state stuff I have to do. Who else is on?

Good MH news for for anyone outside Japan? I'll believe it when I see it. I could find many other ways to torture myself than getting my hopes too high here :p

No one remembers that I played...

PounchEnvy/Francis!? You can bet I remember. Getting back into it after a long break is always fun. I've still been playing most every Friday night so I am still rather familiar with everything. Playing Xenoblade recently really screwed with me though as the games feel like they should have very similar controls. Anyway the last time we played I think was when a few of us just set up the skype chat.

Well a few of us are online now. Greed1, Gate 40, City 40.
Be on in about 15 minutes, I have some state stuff I have to do. Who else is on?
Expecting a 4th member? I am always happy to join in if nobody else is expected. A full GAF city is always fun. This is Jason in case anybody doesn't know. Need another hunter or are you full for now?

Mlatador

Banned
Would be cool if they announced a Monster Hunter Tri G 3DS XL Bundle at Gamescom alongside a Monster Hunter 4 European release date.

I mean, c'mon Capcom - it's not hard to be awesome.

Poyunch

Good MH news for for anyone outside Japan? I'll believe it when I see it. I could find many other ways to torture myself than getting my hopes too high here :p

PounchEnvy/Francis!? You can bet I remember. Getting back into it after a long break is always fun. I've still been playing most every Friday night so I am still rather familiar with everything. Playing Xenoblade recently really screwed with me though as the games feel like they should have very similar controls. Anyway the last time we played I think was when a few of us just set up the skype chat.

Expecting a 4th member? I am always happy to join in if nobody else is expected. A full GAF city is always fun. This is Jason in case anybody doesn't know. Need another hunter or are you full for now?

Everyone is welcome. And those sure were the days. ;p

Boney

Banned

are you like a ghost or something?

thought you were dead

Getting online right now

are you like a ghost or something?

thought you were dead

Well I haven't been posting very much I guess since I am not super invested in games at the moment. Don't count on me getting banned any time soon either. If only I had some promising hints at a new Monster Hunter release. Oh that will be the day eh? Oh wait...urrr will not get hopes up!

Boney

Banned
I keep znarfing, guys.

brings a tear of joy

Well I haven't been posting very much I guess since I am not super invested in games at the moment. Don't count on me getting banned any time soon either. If only I had some promising hints at a new Monster Hunter release. Oh that will be the day eh? Oh wait...urrr will not get hopes up!
you just gotta join the painful mh hype threads

Poyunch

Full up. :( Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Sorry for being late.

Try now!

I keep disconnecting.

edit: Well that's that. :( Well it was fun seeing you on MonHun again, Jason! Maybe we can all play again one day or at least meet up if Tri G DOES actually pop up. You too Marth. ;P

nordique

This thread is getting me hyped. Not sure that's a good idea.

The game sure looks good on the XL / LL screen though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFKXyqup6dg

wow....does it really look that good?

In my spare time, I've been playing MH Unite on a PSP I recently got for cheap, and this certainly looks like a bigger step up than I thought.

Can anyone with the game vouch for that? Cause wow. Looks great. Looks like the Wii version but with better shadows.

Qurupeke

Well, if it has online it's truly a must. And of course I mean free online. Only a few hours remain. :D Can someone create a countdown timer?

Edit:Nevermind, I found the countdown on the previous page.

watershed

Banned
I think its a big mistake to assume MH tri g going to be announced tomorrow. It just seems wrong to assume good news from Capcom about MH in the west.

Forever

Banned
I think its a big mistake to assume MH tri g going to be announced tomorrow. It just seems wrong to assume good news from Capcom about MH in the west.

After all the hints that have been dropped about this specific event, if there is nothing then people will have legit grounds to pick up the pitchforks.

Probably Capcom just wants to minimize risky efforts now. Its financial position is not so good after Dragon's Dogma and Street Fighter x Tekken performance; even if it has already been localized, Monster Hunter 3G without Nintendo behind it might mean a quite big expenditure in terms of marketing and promotion, and there would have been also all DLC to translate + there's not online, and you cannot market a game like this without such mode in the West. Capcom will try to minimize cost and maximize profits as never done before, so I can see Revelations porting, and focus on the Japanese market for games like Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney.

fates

We aren't assuming as much as before though, Capcom has been dropping these hints a lot now. Just look at the thread title. If nothing shows up, or they use it as a bait and switch.... well, then I'm pretty sure whatever animosity Capcom has at them right now will only be doubled or tripled.

I will especially be upset if this was all a big bait and switch, because that tactic annoys me to no end.

Probably Capcom just wants to minimize risky efforts now.

I don't think it's a "risky effort". There is an established MH fanbase ready for a new game outside of Japan. Sure it won't be a million seller but it's not a shot in the dark. They know we are here, and Sven probably knows that more than anyone.

MHP3rd may have been risky given the PSP situation here. But MH3G (and 4) are on the 3DS which is still early in it's life cycle.

Kacho

Don't lose all hope, man. I know how you feel, but I don't think they would be dropping all of these hints unless we would be seeing something substantial as far as a western MH release. As others have speculated, it's way too soon for a MH4 announcement in the West. It has to be MHTriG. Believe!

Mzo

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight waiting on this thing, and then tomorrow I'm going to be so fucking disappointed and angry.

I hate everything.

Top Bottom