• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Greetings everyone!

Fresh and new I am. My name is Michael, 34 years old, unlike EatChildren I really am Austrian, passionate Videogamer since good old Game & Watch.
Well, in the past few years I've developed a certain appetite for Monster Hunter and this kind of masochistic hope and patience for daaamn good news concerning western releases.

I might be in good company here.

Oh, sorry for bumping this thread in times like these. I know this may cause extrasystoles on some people.

Yes, again I managed it somehow to get my hopes high on an MH3G release in our territories. Kind of unexpected, for I have buried them along with sad and silent curses weeks ago, when new details of MH4 emerged.
Strange things whirl in my head now, like "figurines" "free online mode" "3DS XL Special Edition" and stuff. The last oddity, by the way, prevents me from buying a 3DS XL now.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the coming days and get prepared for a unified outcry of joy/pain here at the NeoGAF.

Have a nice day,
SpookyBlackFish

There's something im curious about. Im guessing most of you in here are only Tri players. Just based on that assumption.. if Tri G were released with no online would you like it as much as Tri?

I have played Tri mostly offline, as much as I have appreciated the fact that online doesn't require any subscription - FTP indeed-, so as far as I'm concerned it the lack of online multiplayer would hardly make any difference.

BTW, summarizing:

Tri
Bigger screen, online

Tri G
Extra content, 3D

The ideal fix(not happening) for me would be a TriG with all the extra stuff, on a huge 3D screen, with online multiplayer without any fees, including textual, vocal and video chat.

@ SpookyBlackFish Welcome here, enjoy it!

There's something im curious about. Im guessing most of you in here are only Tri players. Just based on that assumption.. if Tri G were released with no online would you like it as much as Tri?

@ Gianni Merryman: Thank you very much, I surely will!
@ earvcunanan: Thank you very much, I surely won't (so very soon, I hope)!

@ Kyon: I my case, you are right. I guess I would enjoy 3G at least as much as Tri, even if it lacked online play. Not only because of improved visuals and additional content, but I consider the portability a huge benefit! In my opinion, the MH franchise has at least as good its home on portable consoles as on the "big" consoles. Maybe an even better one. That is something I would not claim to about many other franchises. MH is a kind of game you should be able to take along with you and be able to pause it any time, no matter if you collect mushrooms or hammer off a Gobuls Lantern atm.

Sure I will probably not find many or at worst hardly ever any people, random or not, to join the game locally. But if at least I have got one friend or a not too remote family member (both is the case, fortunately), there's a pretty good chance that I could play 3G in local coop every now and then. That would perfectly do for me.

Greetings,
SpookyBlackFish

Mondriaan

The ideal fix(not happening) for me would be a TriG with all the extra stuff, on a huge 3D screen, with online multiplayer without any fees, including textual, vocal and video chat.
Video chat might be okay for a game where you spend a lot of time waiting around doing nothing except wait for other people to take their turns. If the hardware doesn't basically support video chat for "free", then video chat isn't worth it, especially if it means something like limiting the number of people in a guild hall to 4 people.

Peru

Come, come, guys. Before we start taking an announcement for granted, which we've mistakenly done before, and start demanding extras, remember the humble desperation we all basked in but a few weeks ago - where, I believe, the general consensus was "never mind online, just give me anything!". It's not wise to wish for more than one thing at a time when it comes to this subject.

Hellraider

Come, come, guys. Before we start taking an announcement for granted, which we've mistakenly done before, and start demanding extras, remember the humble desperation we all basked in but a few weeks ago - where, I believe, the general consensus was "never mind online, just give me anything!". It's not wise to wish for more than one thing at a time when it comes to this subject.

If you ask me I don't even want a box.I would be okay with a digital, english translated version!

Mzo

I'll take a dirty, nasty game card with no sticker on it if it means I can play 3G in English on my 3DS.

My main monhun partner lives local, but online would have the added benefit of 4 player parties to make the fights go that much faster.

What if they charge for online play?

MH3 (Japan):
30 Days - $8
60 Days - $15
90 Days - $20

I think this is one way to make money off a ~500k game.

Hellraider

What if they charge for online play?

MH3 (Japan):
30 Days - $8
60 Days - $15
90 Days - $20

I think this is one way to make money off a ~500k game.

Are you talking about Japan or West?Because the only ones that would pay for online in the west are the 20 or so people that we play MonHun and post here on neogaf! :p

There is no chance they would charge west for online play.Price doesn't even matter.Even if it's 1$/m it would be the same as 20$/m (not literally but not in a substantial amount).Capcom is stupid but not that arrogant.I think.

Conor 419

Banned

Nah man, the game was already near fully translated. They need to have added online to explain the delay, but also make the game worthwhile for EU/US users.

fates

No online would not effect me in the slightest. For me, Monster Hunter is about the blood, sweat, and tears of trying to kill G-Rank monsters (and in MH1, the whole game is G-Rank), meant for 2+ people on my own.

... with a cat.

Avie change to reflect hype!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I bet its some monster hunter for WiiU for Japan launch. Japan has no games for WiiU other than mario pikmin and p100..everything else is western.
Why would Capcom USA announce anything like that? And who would be developing it when they're already doing MonHun4? When and why did people start thinking this could be a brand new game over a localization of an existing or at least announced one?

Peru

Nah man, the game was already near fully translated. They need to have added online to explain the delay, but also make the game worthwhile for EU/US users.

They waited a sweet long time with Freedom Unite for no good reason. Maybe Nintendo wanted this to push 3DS XL's come holiday season.

Codeblue

It's always been my stance that this game wouldn't do me much good without online. I've moved away from all my MH playing friends and the game is sort of a drag if you don't have a good mix of single and multiplayer.

Soroc

I've already set my expectations at "Monster Hunter TriG" announced for Europe at Gamescom. No word on NA release.....

:-(

Proven

Wait, seriously? Seriously there's a chance at an annoucement? Seriously, by 8-4? Seriously? Seriously? I could buy a 3DS this month. Come on, GAF. I know this is the site of BELIEVE, but I've been believing for too long...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm getting back into Tri after taking like a year break.

So. Good.

I honestly do not have much interest in a 3DS but if they announce Tri G or 4 localization's I'll probably have no choice but to bite.

depward

Goddamnit. I hate this thread. I love this thread.

Online would be sweet but all I want now is a NEW MonHun game for NA / European shores.

Mupod

God damn I check this thread every time it gets bumped. You people are killing me.

No online would not effect me in the slightest. For me, Monster Hunter is about the blood, sweat, and tears of trying to kill G-Rank monsters (and in MH1, the whole game is G-Rank), meant for 2+ people on my own.

... with a cat.

Cats just make it harder IMO. At least other people sometimes have respectable damage output, but cats aren't worth sacrificing monster predictability. At least for hammer/GS users like me.

Anyways I'd love online but I don't care I just want more MH.

Peru

Tri is one of my favorite single player games of the generation. Online would be great and logical for the series in the west, but that's a big alteration of the original game - not just subscription differences like with Tri. We'll see

Top Bottom