• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 video showing soft engine 2.0

Evantist

0WuPf0T.jpg

That's the hard evidence of blood and sweat poured into the development of this game.

I dont like the sound of that.
Fortune is possibly the best swimsuit in the DoAX series. If its missing from the PS4, that will really, really suck.

The sentence you quoted did state that Fortune is on PS4 though.

Anyway jokes aside, this game looks more amazing with every new trailer.

I normally agree with that criticism in other games, because there is just no justified context for things like these. But in this particular case I just cannot agree with you.

You might not be interested in these kind of games and you might find it stupid, but this game is probably one of the few cases were it is "justified".

There is actually nothing embarrassing about in that sense. (Of course you might find it embarrassing for what is shown.) The game is very clear about what it wants to be and that is fine.

In Japan things like these are completely normal, because there is a whole market for DVD's of idols (yes... YES even teenagers) doing the same thing. (As for context of why these things exist and that they are actually pretty ordinary in the Japanese culture)

That's why I don't understand why people laughed at the developer for not wanting to release it in the west because of the fear of a backlash. (Things like these aren't as accepted in the west as they are in Japan.)

I myself have no interest in the game, but I feel this is one of those games you just can't criticise for what it is doing.

Sorry for the rant. But that were just my two cents.

Edit:

Thanks this is correct.

you went full expert

Hexa

This is it. All of video games up to this point have been leading us up to this. We've made it.

mdubs

Banned
There is a long interview on famitsu, but not really much detail on the game (it seems funny interview though)

-DOA5LR and DOAX3 dev team is different. DOA5LR update team is not the same team as the DOAX3 dev team, but they share information.
-The biggest feature of Soft Engine 2.0 is ass. We wanted ass jiggle. We also added sunburn effect and clothe falling off.
-They initially wanted to put ass jiggle on DOA5LR, but since it was a fighting game they thought people wouldn't notice it as much. But with DOAX3, there are stuff like gravure mode so people will have lots of opportunities to notice those jiggles.
-Each characters have different ass jiggles. Also each swimsuit has different jiggles. So ass jiggle pattern is '# of character X # of swimsuits.' We want users to feel the difference in ass jiggle on each characters.
-Director Shinbori didn't really care about ass at first, since he was only focused on boobs. But as he worked on DOAX3, he realized how amazing ass jiggle is. Playing DOAX3 will make people realize how amazing ass is.
-Ass jiggle is technically a lot more difficult to create than boob jiggle. Boob jiggle was mainly focused on the movement of bones. But with ass jiggle, it bends according to the movement of the leg. It's very difficult to portray that bending in the graphics. They are calibrating it everyday to get it right.
-They also added the slight skin deformation with swimsuits. (it's the effect where tight swimsuit slightly deforms the skin)
-In past DOA games you (the player) are the one who is controlling the character, but with the new Owner mode, the character is focusing her attention to you (the player). DOAX1 was out 13 years ago, and the idol culture have changed a lot over the years. Back then, people were satisfied with just looking at those idols. But now, the fan's relationship with the idol is much closer, and they want the idol's attention. So instead of just looking at girls, we wanted the players to interact with the girls this time.
-When we thought of the owner mode, we also decided to implement PSVR feature. We haven't actually made the PSVR feature yet, but we want to have the feature ready when PSVR hits the shelves.
-Popular swimsuits from past games will be in
-The game supports cross-play, but you can't trade money/items. There are specific swimsuit you can only get in certain version (like venus swimsuit is only on Vita, fortune is only on PS4) With cross feature you can use venus swimsuit on PS4/fortune on Vita.

2h4s2Je.png

-The biggest feature of Soft Engine 2.0 is ass. We wanted ass jiggle. We also added sunburn effect and clothe falling off.
-They initially wanted to put ass jiggle on DOA5LR, but since it was a fighting game they thought people wouldn't notice it as much. But with DOAX3, there are stuff like gravure mode so people will have lots of opportunities to notice those jiggles.
-Each characters have different ass jiggles. Also each swimsuit has different jiggles. So ass jiggle pattern is '# of character X # of swimsuits.' We want users to feel the difference in ass jiggle on each characters.
-Director Shinbori didn't really care about ass at first, since he was only focused on boobs. But as he worked on DOAX3, he realized how amazing ass jiggle is. Playing DOAX3 will make people realize how amazing ass is.
I am so glad they saw the light moon.

imDARK

Neo Member
With 2 months separating us from release date
I'm really eager to see some gameplay footage
you know, less focus on TnA, and more about gameplay.

Also, while its sad that Mila is not in the game,
Honoka should fill the void.

Pics_nao

-Ass jiggle is technically a lot more difficult to create than boob jiggle. Boob jiggle was mainly focused on the movement of bones. But with ass jiggle, it bends according to the movement of the leg. It's very difficult to portray that bending in the graphics. They are calibrating it everyday to get it right.

1yulXfJ.jpg

Pif

Banned
For all the grounded men in here:

How do you justify this game to your wifes?

I mean, it looks fun, but no way I'm gonna have at home what is basically virtual wank interactive material.

Baalzebup

I mean, it looks fun, but no way I'm gonna have at home what is basically virtual wank interactive material.

Several married gaffers have stated that their wives are equally stoked on getting their hand on the game. No need for justification.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Not impressed tbh, i mean it's definitively an innovative and unique feature(i'm starting to wonder how much complexity really lies behind it though, ironically it could be the result of the simple addition of few bones to the model) but at least from what i see in this video it's very far from perfection.
TressFx really needs to be in this game.

They are primarily using DOA5 models, albeit enhanced with newer technology.

So what your suggesting would probably require an entire model redo...i don't know how much budget Team Ninja gets for these sorts of games to really put R&D into them in that manner

Vex_

Banned
Oh. My. God.

If this game were to ever come out on PC, it would be rated Z because of the inevitable mods.

I'm actually surprised how much swag nyotengu has while riding that ball like that.

Instant boner. INSTANT.

Yopis

Justify lol. Grown people do and buy what they want.

NeoRausch

She likes sexy woman too? I don't see the problem here.

Yeah, wife is/would be just as interested in it. Heck, before we were even married when she got an OG Xbox the first games she bought were DOA3, DOAU and DOAX1. She played a helluva lot of DOAX1, by comparison. She even played a lot of DOAX2 when we got it, too.

After some thought, I think this DOA video is the most embarrassing of all

What is the context and reason for scantily clad girls to be lying on a beach with an inflatable ball and why is the camera angle set in a way that you can perv at the girl at multiple angles

The developer should be ashamed

The physics is pretty damn good I have to admit

Really? I mean like read your own words for god's sake. Why would anyone need this question answered? Is it that out of the ordinary to expect to see scantily clad girls to be lying on a beach? And are inflated beach balls that uncommon on beaches?

Alfebit

Banned

-The game supports cross-play, but you can't trade money/items. There are specific swimsuit you can only get in certain version (like venus swimsuit is only on Vita, fortune is only on PS4) With cross feature you can use venus swimsuit on PS4/fortune on Vita.

I'm already a believer of the booty but it's nice to see it getting this much attention

Also nice to see we'll have crossplay

sprinkles

Realizing your deep love for hometown is never too late.

exfatal

There is a long interview on famitsu, but not really much detail on the game (it seems funny interview though)

-DOA5LR and DOAX3 dev team is different. DOA5LR update team is not the same team as the DOAX3 dev team, but they share information.
Im so proud of you Shinbori

EDIT: wow beaten by alot

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Never played any of the DOA games but I'm damn glad ass jiggle is now a thing in 2015. Proper ass jiggle that is; here's hoping it'll look even more glorious in VR! Cause that's the only reason I may even try this just to see the damn reactions on family member's faces when I load this up w/out telling them what they're in for lmaooo.

We need more proper ass jiggle and some super hyper ones as well(Saint's Row I'm lookin at u).

psekO3Bh.jpg

That was absolutely worth the 30 seconds I wasted!

Still sucks that it isn't getting localized; would like to import but then again I would want to go through the DLCs and the fact I never imported before.

Plus the lack of Rachel, Christie, Mila and Tina pains me but at least there is Nyotengu and Helena to look forward to for me.

Top Bottom