• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub footage looks stunning

foxbeldin

Maybe you will get angry with the bump ,cause I am not the guy carrying the bag with news but I think its time Rushy to share with us some new footage already.

My heart stopped when i saw the bump, but i'm glad you're taking one for the team.

Rushy : Where is Driveclub ?

kyser73

Rushy has already stated that any pre-released footage is now under control if the Sony marketing team, and they will decide when it gets out, not him.

Damn. For a game that should have released already, there was not much shown. Hopefully this doesn't mean the game is further ahead than we think.

Ricky_R

Maybe you will get angry with the bump ,cause I am not the guy carrying the bag with news but I think its time Rushy to share with us some new footage already.

tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

Racer1977

The question now is how soon into January Sony are going to start spilling the beans for the Q1 releases, it certainly seems like the Driveclub guys have to keep things under wraps, it's preferable to let GT6 have it's time in the sun too.

When you think about, there's still so much we don't know about this title, no car list, no real idea about track/stage selection and the general progression through the game.

Here's my question: here in Europe theres an ad specifically for driveclub on tv. 'This is for the players, this is driveclub'... Why the fuck are they showing an ad on tv for a game with no release date whatsoever...?

Dre3001

As good as this game looks I am starting to get a little worried based on all the secrecy surrounding it.

No car/track list
No details on modes in game
No release date
No nothing

Only thing being released are 5-6 second clips of the graphics. At this point in time the game might as well just be a tech demo.

Granted GT6 just released but that is on a different system and also has its own fanbase that were buying that game regardless if DriveClub was released or not. I seriously doubt that people are holding off on GT6 because they want DriveClub.

Is the game farther behind than we are being led to believe? I am starting to think this game may not be released until April.

As good as this game looks I am starting to get a little worried based on all the secrecy surrounding it.

No car/track list
No release date
No nothing

Only thing being released are 5-6 second clips of the graphics. At this point in time the game might as well just be a tech demo.

Granted GT6 just released but that is on a different system and also has its own fanbase that were buying that game regardless if DriveClub was released or not. I seriously doubt that people are holding off on GT6 because they want DriveClub.

Is the game farther behind than we are being led to believe? I am starting to think this game may not be released until April.

I agree, I need some details! For all I know this game has one racing mode, 3 tracks and 10 cars.

MMaRsu

Banned

No car/track list
No release date
No nothing

Dont doubt Evolution.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Damn. For a game that should have released already, there was not much shown. Hopefully this doesn't mean the game is further ahead than we think.

Prior to the delay, there was probably more WIP DriveClub footage than any other game we got at launch. That's why the delay was so surprising to me.

Dre3001

Are you worried about it being subpar or that it will release much later than anticipated?

A little of both

The lack of any sort of information has me concerned that either the game is behind on schedule and may be delayed again or rather there is not much depth to the game and there is simply not much to show.

CraZed

Whats up with cock pit looking crisp and then blurs into the turn and stays blurred out of the turn.

I'm guessing it may happen during times when a drivers focus would be on other cars as he was passing. The blur went away after the turn btw.

Oh, and that footage looked spectacular!

Sony was focused on promoting launch titles up until launch, and now it's Christmas, I wouldn't expect info until at the earliest, January. Same goes for other goes for all other upcoming titles (Order, Infamous, Uncharted, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, Rapture)

LCfiner

I imagine at this time, there’s no point. it would be better for Sony to focus on what’s out now for PS4 sales.

Guessing early/mid January for any new Driveclub stuff

Famassu

No car/track list
No release date
No nothing

Uhh... Wasn't Gran Turismo 6's full feature/track/car list revealed, like, at most 2 weeks before the release of the game? I wouldn't get worried about DriveClub quite yet. It's probably a February release and they have PS4's flying out of stores around the globe without the extra push a more major DriveClub marketing campaign would possibly cause. They can start focusing on it after this year's launch bonanza is over.

So something I felt is a little weird is the messaging around this game, and the overall impression its been leaving as to what type of game it actually is. The website says "realistic racer" but interviews have alluded wanting it to feel realistic and not necessarily be technically accurate. Some of it reminds me of PGR series, other comments more like Forza. Does anyone know which of it leans towards? Maybe that NFS game that slanted slightly towards realism?

So something I felt is a little weird is the messaging around this game, and the overall impression its been leaving as to what type of game it actually is. The website says "realistic racer" but interviews have alluded wanting it to feel realistic and not necessarily be technically accurate. Some of it reminds me of PGR series, other comments more like Forza. Does anyone know which of it leans towards? Maybe that NFS game that slanted slightly towards realism?

Drives arcade-y/Looks realistic.

leadbelly

Banned

Well, I think the developers have stated that it was more like a rival to Grid 2

GodofWine

I don't think that really makes a difference now. It was originally intended to be a launch title, so they were very much ready to market the game anyway.

While I do agree, I think they may have seen the last-gen fatigue effect on GT6s early numbers and they dont want to drag it down more...

OR

They know they are sold out of PS4s for another 2-4 months so why waste marketing dollars until supply begins to get close to demand? which may very well be around the launch windows of this and Infamous.

OR

they are pulling a 'sony' and just not advertising a game well.

viveks86

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck >=/
Sigh another bump
close this thread pls
This bump is a farce
Every fucking time.
I should just unsubscribe.
Grimløck;93947062 said:
Fuck this bump. Fuck it up your ass.
Yeah up your ass, thread bumper

tumblr_inline_msu77kL7tb1qz4rgp.gif

Don't bother opening this thread until Jan. :)

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 16h
@Impetuous65 No new news until the new year I'm afraid.
3:46 AM - 17 Dec 13 · Details

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Bump this again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, bump this thread one more Goddamn time!

Top Bottom