• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub video shows day/night transition

Rushy

Lol, why did he re-tweet that? Rushy, now you're obligated to give us a new vid with lots of cars on the track!
I retweeted it without even looking at the picture like an idiot as one my colleagues had also retweeted it. Guess that'll teach me...

We might have been doing some capturing today ;)

Whb29

I retweeted it without even looking at the picture like an idiot as one my colleagues had also retweeted it. Guess that'll teach me...

Lol - well at least I'm not going mad, thought I was missing an 'in' joke there! Look forward to the new video Rushy - take your time... who am I kidding: GIVE ME THE VIDEO! Or I will create inappropriate gifs...ahem. :)

viveks86

Brilliant!

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 46m
@NaughtyGods @BigManFanelli Nah, we'll be teasing GIFs first ;)
3:47 PM - 4 Oct 13 · Details

Bring it on!

Since launch is 41 days away, and Rushy said we'd have some footage soon... with more cars on track... guess in one or two weeks we'll have some more content to argue about :D

EDIT

Well there we go. Rushy teasing us, new gis(s) incomig :DDD

viveks86

Want to play Driveclub on launch day but have been resisting temptation to get new hardware at launch. Here is one of your last chances:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/playstation-4-console/prod10770533.ip?pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-Y.YS28IMqtrHHR0A9Q3Jeg

The moment I saw this, I couldn't take it anymore. So I'm getting one delivered on November 15th!!! :D

EDIT: Apologies for spamming the top PS4 threads. I'm still a junior and can't create a new one!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691341

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
New footage? I was rewatching Giantbomb cover the PS4 reveal and I want more.

viveks86

New footage? I was rewatching Giantbomb cover the PS4 reveal and I want more.

Don't worry. The new video has to be out next week. Also, Rushy hints that they would "over-deliver". Whatever that means, I like the sound of it! :D

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 21h
@DjJinx @omek90 Hopefully we'll just have to over-deliver with the next videos then with the time we've taken ;)

Skeff

Well we're about a month away from the game going gold, so it should be extremely polished at this stage...

Same for Killzone

Is it just me or have guerrilla gone really quiet about killzone?

back on topic, I wonder if the over-delivery in the next video will be over-delivering on frames, maybe 60 instead of 30? I know chances are slim...

Is it just me or have guerrilla gone really quiet about killzone?

back on topic, I wonder if the over-delivery in the next video will be over-delivering on frames, maybe 60 instead of 30? I know chances are slim...

Guerilla has been extremely quiet about Killzone ever since the february reveal.

They didn't have a huge presence at E3, probably because the game wasn't as polished as they wanted.

We still hardly know anything about the single player. No real big montage trailers or anything that we got with KZ2 and KZ3.

Hell, I remember being spoiled by almost all of KZ2's campaign months before release when journalists were getting advanced copies.

Danielsan

Played this today. I wasn't impressed, but perhaps the shitty TVs and the distance to the TVs was to blame. Plenty of jaggies, and the occasional frame rate hitch.

Vire

Played this today. I wasn't impressed, but perhaps the shitty TVs and the distance to the TVs was to blame. Plenty of jaggies, and the occasional frame rate hitch.

Just curious, what track did you play because it could have been a very old build.

They were showing a pre-gamescom build at TGS this year.

GameSeeker

You played an old build. The last publicly playable build was from Gamescom. That build still had lots of aliasing and some frame rate issues.

If you look at the most recent Driveclub video (see OP), you will see that Evolution has made very significant progress since then. We will also get a new video in a week or two. Evolution's games typically come together at the very last minute, and Driveclub is no exception.

GodofWine

now is not the time to hype PS4 games. Sony should focus on Beyond, i hope it sells well cause it looks awesome. PS4titles can wait

This, If I were Sony, I'd just be saving my marketing budget for the ps4 until it was about 2 weeks away from launch...they dont even need to advertise the system right now.

But they do need to market their first party games, if not, everyone will just buy NFS, and COD or BF.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It looks very clean/cg (as opposed to realism) but in a pleasant way. For play style it seems a lot like GRID 2, which I enjoy. I like the quality cockpits because I don't have anywhere to set up a wheel.

Also, what is with that sound effect being in every single racer?

coolasj19

now is not the time to hype PS4 games. Sony should focus on Beyond, i hope it sells well cause it looks awesome. PS4titles can wait
Wow, no. Beyond doesn't need much advertising. There's few people to advertise to. It's not really a mass market appeal game. The people who are going to buy it are the people who bought Heavy Rain, and the people that hear about it from other people. If it sells anything like Heavy Rain, it'll pull in an extremely hefty sum for what it cost to make, ~$20 Million.
Yay, thread bumped, let's see the news-- oh.
>_>
I know, right?

viveks86

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 10h
@abouzainah We wanted to support Logitech wheels at launch, but without official driver support there is nothing we can do.
4:32 AM - 5 Oct 13

The past tense makes me think that this can't be done by launch. What are all the wheel manufacturers up to??? Don't they want to capitalize on reinvigorated sales that a console launch brings to the market? Only a few have announced any support for next gen consoles!

The past tense makes me think that this can't be done by launch. What are all the wheel manufacturers up to??? Don't they want to capitalize on reinvigorated sales that a console launch brings to the market? Only a few have announced any support for next gen consoles!

Maybe cause they wanna sell new models?

viveks86

Maybe cause they wanna sell new models?

But I don't see many of those getting announced either. Also, I'm not sure how many people who buy good racing wheels, which can get pretty expensive, throw away their old ones to get new ones every generation, especially if the issue is just software drivers. Think that will just piss consumers off and ruin brand loyalty.

If what you are suggesting is in fact their rationale, it would be a short sighted strategy IMO

Well, in the case of Logitech they're no longer producing console peripherals. So someone is going to have to convince them to make drivers for a product that they won't support outside of those drivers.

Ahhh. This makes more sense. For Logitech at least. But what about other wheel manufacturers?

EDIT: From the other thread. I guess we should just sit tight and keep our fingers crossed!

I have a clear vision of what the ideal wheel looks like and how it should work with consoles.
The direction the platfrom (sic) holders are taking at the moment is concerning me and I wonder how consumer friendly their concepts really are.
It is better for us if we first watch carefully what is possible and how we can fully exploit the potential of the new platforms. This will pay off later and I will leave the current buzz to others

A few people are wondering why we are so quiet. We will not make the mistake again to mention new things too early. We will announce something new if production is about to start. We are working on several products for several platforms and every one of our new products will set a new benchmark as they did in the past.
We are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot confirm that before the final consoles are released.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658933

Yeah that's been maybe the most stinky thing about the next gen launch. There's no reason that usb wheels and fightsticks shouldn't be supported.

Well, in the case of Logitech they're no longer producing console peripherals. So someone is going to have to convince them to make drivers for a product that they won't support outside of those drivers.

coolasj19

But I don't see many of those getting announced either. Also, I'm not sure how many people who buy good racing wheels, which can get pretty expensive, throw away their old ones to get new ones every generation, especially if the issue is just software drivers. Think that will just piss consumers off and ruin brand loyalty.
What's brand loyalty when you only have to dip $50-$100 dollars once every 7 years?

aronmayo2

Banned
The problem with time of day in DriveClub is the time acceleration..it goes from sunny to dark in like 10 minutes. It looks really dumb. Other than that it is a cool feature but not really that exciting.

The problem with time of day in DriveClub is the time acceleration..it goes from sunny to dark in like 10 minutes. It looks really dumb. Other than that it is a cool feature but not really that exciting.

That's sped up in this video to illustrate the transition over a short race.

You can probably choose how quickly you want the time to transition in the full game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The time acceleration is customizable. They set it that fast to show off lighting features.

Looking forward to seeing how its coming along Based Rushy :)

EDIT: Isn't the reason Killzone and Guerilla have gone quiet is because they have some big stuff coming up in GTTV?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
They said you can control the speed of the time passing in the settings.

coolasj19

2. The time of day is accelerated by x60, which is why the video covers from 6pm – 9pm in Chile in just three laps. Accelerating the speed of time is something you can choose to adjust before you race and it’s also why the sunlight disappears so quickly at 1:58. :)
Welcome to NeoGAF. Please do at least a basic amount of research before you post. At least read the OP.
A junior with strong Xbox/MS tendencies. Good luck, friend.

Paul Rustchynsky ‏@Rushy33 10h
@abouzainah We wanted to support Logitech wheels at launch, but without official driver support there is nothing we can do.
4:32 AM - 5 Oct 13

Motherfuckers!!! What are Sony and Logitech playing at?

No PS4 and DriveClub for me until my G27 wheel is supported. GT6 will get my undivided attention :(

viveks86

What's brand loyalty when you only have to dip $50-$100 dollars once every 7 years?

Erm... Depends on what wheel you want to get. There are wheels out there that cost a lot more than $50-$100. And brand loyalty is a concept that can apply to any product, regardless of price. I'm very loyal to my aftershave brand, for example. :p

Here's an example of a response that I'm talking about :)

Motherfuckers!!! What are Sony and Logitech playing at?

No PS4 and DriveClub for me until my G27 wheel is supported. GT6 will get my undivided attention :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Thanks for the impressions! Evolution must be pushing the PS4 pretty hard.

coolasj19

Thanks for the impressions! Evolution must be pushing the PS4 pretty hard.

Rushy honestly the videos need to come now. It is too damn close to launch for you to be teasing us.
Rawrrrrrrr! Everytime the thread gets bumped I get excited for new footage! Rushy will give us a video of his teams excessively hard work when he can...

Mainly posting here to remind Rushy !!!!!!

But also there's a couple of clips on Team VVV from Eurogamer Expo

DC1

DC2

He puts in a respectable 1:09.345.

Having played a lot of GT5 recently, this game looks so different as you rush past the scenery.

Mainly posting here to remind Rushy !!!!!!

But also there's a couple of clips on Team VVV from Eurogamer Expo

DC1

DC2

He puts in a respectable 1:09.345.

Having played a lot of GT5 recently, this game looks so different as you rush past the scenery.

the hard shadows look awful. I hope they have replaced them with soft shadows

Top Bottom