• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub video shows day/night transition

viveks86

First, sorry for the bump.

Second, tomorrow is Friday... it seems we get updates on Fridays, usually... come on Rushy... please? :(

But he also said we would get GIF teasers first. Since we haven't gotten the teasers yet, it makes me think the video will not be out tomorrow. :/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game will release in about 4 weeks in the US of A and we still don't know that much about the game...where's the car/soundtrack/racetrack list? What locations can we expect to drive around? How long are the tracks? Will weather be patched in one day? Video of an actual race against a bunch of real opponents, not just ghosts?

Rushy please! ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game will release in about 4 weeks in the US of A and we still don't know that much about the game...where's the car/soundtrack/racetrack list? What locations can we expect to drive around? How long are the tracks? Will weather be patched in one day? Video of an actual race against a bunch of real opponents, not just ghosts?

Rushy please! ;)

This is what scares me the most. Haven't seen anything with other racers on the track. For a social/online oriented game they have only shown me single player time trials.

But, I guess those will always look the best.

My purchase is based on Thomas and Fanatec, if they don't support the PS4, I probably won't buy any racing games until a couple years in when another $500+ wheel purchase makes it worthwhile.

imperium

I'm also a little concerned about the lack of media but I'm hopefully that the fact that they still say they hope for 60 fps means that they're getting at least a solid 30 now.

My biggest fear at the moment is that due to time constraints the retail version will not be as feature & perhaps content rich as they had hoped. But I'm confident they will have strong post release support.

smartest

Neo Member

Rushy please! ;)

This , exactly ! We are about a month away from release and they have not announced the game contents yet. I would love to know how many cars and tracks there are at launch and if there will be American and Japanese cars or exclusively European cars. I'll be satisfied if the game launches with at least 50 cars and 10 tracks.

EGOMON

Congratulation Rushy :)
Fi2VHf.jpg

Congrats Rushy!

I have PSN+ and I don't know if i should stick with PSN Version of the game
Yeah I would really like a breakdown of the difference between the free version and the full version, and how much the upgrade will be. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Mondy

Banned
Looks solid enough for a launch title, and I guess the fact it's free on PS+ doesn't leave much room for complaint, but the level of noticeable pop in is disappointing.

viveks86

Rushy, I already wished you on that other thread. But that wasn't a very cheery place. So I'll do it again. Congratulations! Hope your baby is hale and healthy! Do remember to stop by Gaf and say hi whenever you get back to work! :)

viveks86

Alright guys! The other thread is far too crowded to make this comment. Now that the band aid has been ripped off, and the tears have been shed, it is time to look ahead. Following are the things I request Evo to do to sustain interest and make this delay a blessing in disguise:

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video.

2) Figure out if you can get weather effects in by launch and announce it within the next month. It would go a long way in hyping people up for 2014.

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This is a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!

4) Start a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly blog on game features. Need a regular drip feed of info. GG has been very successful at doing this.

Perkel

Banned
Alright guys! The other thread is far too crowded to make this comment. Now that the band aid has been ripped off, and the tears have been shed, it is time to look ahead. Following are the things I request Evo to do to sustain interest and make this delay a blessing in disguise:

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video

2) Figure out if you can get weather effects in by launch and announce it within the next month. It would go a long way in hyping people up for 2014.

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!

Yeah delay for game ultimately means it will be better. I just hope it won't mean it will be april...

They should focus on 60FPS first and foremost everything else is not as important as 60fps.

artist

Banned

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!
I can get behind this. Rushy pretty please deliver for your GAF bros.

Weather or bust for me.

It is what made MS: Apocalypse. Wind and rain in that thing is insane.

Added one more idea:

4) Start a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly blog on game features. Need a regular drip feed of info. GG has been very successful with this.
Yep - they said they would be doing a video every week didn't they showing more cars and tracks off?

Clearly it was heading in the direction it has ended up in for some time given we didn't begin to get those.

I want more post processing, weather cycle, more jizz etc etc at locked 30fps...that will do more good than 60fps and stand out. Of course if they can achieve both that would be amazing but I doubt that.

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video.

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This is a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!

4) Start a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly blog on game features. Need a regular drip feed of info. GG has been very successful at doing this.
I am behind this initiative. While the sting of the delay is felt initially, hopefully the extra time turns Driveclub from a good game to a bloody great one (I have faith in Evo)

Not enough time for 2 or 3, I would think. But yeah it wouldn't hurt to put out more info and videos to get our spirits up. This was a rough week.

Afrikan

Didn't the same thing happen with Motorstorm?

actually yeah haha, forgot about that... I think it was suppose to launch with the PS3, but then got pushed back to March of the next year.... BUT that announcement didn't come one month before launch, like say DriveClub.....also we had a kick ass demo that I played over and over and over to hold us through.

also I hope that DriveClub isn't releasing in March... hoping for January. :D

Evolution

Just get the game to the reveal status. Close as you can to the graphics and keep the promise of Dynamic Weather and day night cycles. If you guys do that I want bother with the PS+ version I spend my easily obtain monies on the game.

VanWinkle

Completely agree with all of these. We need a steady stream of media and features.

viveks86

Message on their facebook page:

At this stage the game is running at 1080p@30fps, which at face value really defies how fluid it feels and how stunning it looks. We'll be recording another direct feed video for you soon, to show you an update on the outstanding 1080p graphics and racing, because the authentic and dynamic lighting system has come a long way since you saw it last.

:)

Top Bottom