• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub video shows day/night transition

PSY・S;81631637 said:
Read the OP. Can a mod put "Read the OP first" in the title? Or in highlighted text in the OP?

It was a list of excuses and stuff that may or may not be fixed by launch. The pop-in stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

And anybody can put in highlighted text.

Gross pop-in on that sign on the right.

could have been worse.
7QqiT8H.gif

EmptySpace apologizes in advance. only for fun. also, blame farrow.

It's not, especially if your asking the question about AA. I'm not confident that the tech of the game will improve too much as they are trying to throw everything at it, it seems. But saying that, they have come a long way in a short period of time from the first showing.

Forgot to say thanks to Blim for video too :)

What looks better?

It's still 30FPS, isn't it?

I think they are shooting for 60FPS here. Rushy can confirm.

EDIT: Since Rushy is gonna look at this thread, I would like to know what game he's talking about here:

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/370455086105120768

A certain game I saw at E3 & have just played now at gamescom has had a huge visual downgrade. Usually its the other way round right?

GIven their competition and timing, I have an idea what game he's talking about, but I would like to know.

Kinyou

This video is captured at 30 fps, yes. But they replied on facebook yesterday that they are still targeting 60 fps.
Considering how close they are to the release I'm having my doubts. Did any other game ever make a jump from 30 to 60 in the last months of its development?

What looks better?

I think they are shooting for 60FPS here. Rushy can confirm.

It's the way the post reads. Nobody can doubt its the best looking game, followed by the straightforward question about AA.

Many games look 'better' depends what we're comparing (obviously depending on ones opinion).

As an overall package it looks amazing. But it not flat out 'the best'.

I think I'd rather them not focus on 60fps and get rid of the pop in and clean the IQ up a bit. Whilst I've always been against 30fps in racing games, Horizon changed my mind on that, especially for an arcade racing game.

People really still think that? I'm sorry but if we haven't gotten 60fps by this point I highly doubt we will at all.

And how do you know what framerate their newest build runs at when the framerate is unlocked? It could be unstable 45-60 fps, but they want to show a steady framerate so they show us locked 30 fps. The fact that they come out and say that they are still targeting 60 fps, why wouldn't I believe them?

Jack cw

Considering how close they are to the release I'm having my doubts. Did any other game ever make a jump from 30 to 60 in the last months of its development?
Evolution has a history of tweaking the hell out of their games close to launch. I still think they wont match the target but if there is any dev that could do it, its Evolution.

I'm normally firmly in the "game is still in development, come on guys calm down" camp, but this is getting REALLY close to when they should be going Gold and heading through Cert ready for launch. I just hope they have the timeframe to iron out these last few kinks because by god... if they can this thing is gonna look ridiculous

And how do you know what framerate their newest build runs at when the framerate is unlocked? It could be unstable 45-60 fps, but they want to show a steady framerate so they show us locked 30 fps. The fact that they come out and say that they are still targeting 60 fps, why wouldn't I believe them?

Triple buffer, call it a day. Evolution's got this ;)

RoKKeR

I've been burned by enough developer 'promises' in the past that I'm skeptical of just about anything a lot of devs say these days.

That's like saying "Hey well they said in an interview that the campaign would be 8-10 hours long, don't you believe him?"

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
and EmptySpace thought evolution put out that list to silence the people who keep on dismantling every trivial detail in their vids. game is in active development until print.

Two things.

1. That wasn't in the op when I responded.
2. Stop referring to yourself in the 3rd person. It's very annoying and makes you sound like a twat.

HORRORSHØW

Wow. Absolutely stunning. I like how the lens flare is soft enough so it doesn't blind you. The dash reflection on the driver's-side window is a nice touch. You think Evo will release a video of an actual race instead of all these time trials?

Chumpion

Looks just fine. Only thing left to worry about is handling. Seems a bit too arcadey to my liking, and the road surface is very smooth. Nothing seems to upset the car's balance too much. Maybe it would look different with a faster driver.

I've been burned by enough developer 'promises' in the past that I'm skeptical of just about anything a lot of devs say these days.

That's like saying "Hey well they said in an interview that the campaign would be 8-10 hours long, don't you believe him?"

Oddly enough, I think Evolution's one of those studio's that under promises lol. I'm so curious to see what the last 2 weeks before launch are like in that Studio. Probably keyboards flying everywhere.

Could be sitting at a solid 50 and working towards 60 right now for all we know. They are just showing us 30.

I expect the game to be 30, but I wouldn't complain if it hits 60.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
could have been worse.
7QqiT8H.gif

EmptySpace apologizes in advance. only for fun. also, blame farrow.

#dead

If this wasn't Evolution Studios, I would be right there with you in terms of skepticism.

Ryu

That seems kind of strange considering they need to be finished by the 15th (or so) of October to begin certification and have the disc pressed.

The game can still be patched after the fact. Once the disk presses, that's not the end of the road for development. Even the XBox One (and I'm sure the PS4) will have day 1 patches as well.

You're right. Some developers like to claim a lot of things.

But I trust Evolution :)

dukeoflegs

Game looks good and fun. I'll check out PSN version that comes out on PS4 and decide if I want to up grade to full or pick up GT6.

fuenf

I'm normally firmly in the "game is still in development, come on guys calm down" camp, but this is getting REALLY close to when they should be going Gold and heading through Cert ready for launch. I just hope they have the timeframe to iron out these last few kinks because by god... if they can this thing is gonna look ridiculous

They can always release a day 1 patch.

Kinyou

Evolution has a history of tweaking the hell out of their games close to launch. I still think they wont match the target but if there is any dev that could do it, its Evolution.
I always assumed that had more to do with the ps3's technical kinks than evolution themselves. Who knows.

Could be sitting at a solid 50 and working towards 60 right now for all we know. They are just showing us 30.

I expect the game to be 30, but I wouldn't complain if it hits 60.
Possible but if that was the case then I'd wonder why they wouldn't release a 50fps video, especially when people keep asking them about the fps. That they also keep saying "targeting" hardly strikes me with confidence

Racer1977

That seems kind of strange considering they need to be finished by the 15th (or so) of October to begin certification and have the disc pressed.
Forza 5 is shipping with a day one patch to add significant amounts of content, and no doubt, performance tweaks.

As Evolution say, improvements are being made on a daily basis, and clearly, the game is now at a stage were they can concentrate of fine tuning and polishing, rather than dealing with any significant issues.

They can always release a day 1 patch.
True, I'm not so technologically minded so I don't know what can and can't be patched in at a later date but day 1 patches are never ideal. You know, especially for those who aren't gonna connect this to the net... which admittedly kinda defeats the purpose of this game in particular but hey... at least the whole game will be shipped on the disc (*cough*FORZA 5*cough*)

Top Bottom