• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Frame game announced for Wii U

I seriously hope it will come to Europe too. A collection of past titles would be icing on the cake.

A trophy in Sm4sh would be very cool.

I think it'll come to the West, Nintendo needs to expand their library and shouldn't spare any game especially for the WiiU.

The movie website has been updated:

http://www.zero-movie.jp/

]
bg01.jpg

so I am a little confused they are teasing only this image with the movie?

TpHBaOv.jpg

So how does the movie tie into the game?

also are the 4 girls we see there the main characters of the released titles and the 5th in the shadow the one for the WiiU game?

pls localize this, not being at E3 was a bad sign

Kouriozan

Only played 2 remake and 4 about 3 times, I do really hope Nintendo will localize it.
Plus they need all the Wii U games they can release.

have someone ever cleared up why Nintendo gets mentioned in copyrights for this IP? it was always a debate, just wondering if it has been cleared up

Porcile

have someone ever cleared up why Nintendo gets mentioned in copyrights for this IP? it was always a debate, just wondering if it has been cleared up

They don't own the I.P., but they funded Fatal Frame 4 and the Wii Remake of 2. Same reason why Nitnendo's name will appear in the copyright of Bayonetta 2. They own nothing of the series before Fatal Frame 4.

After Nature

Neo Member
This is one of the titles for the WiiU that I am really looking forward to. Actually thought the WiiU would be the first Nintendo console I didn't get at launch but I did and now it's looking more and more attractive with each passing day. Fatal Frame is going to be the center piece in my collection.
Hoping for an awesome trailer soon.

They don't own the I.P., but they funded Fatal Frame 4 and the Wii Remake of 2. Same reason why Nitnendo's name will appear in the copyright of Bayonetta 2. They own nothing of the series before Fatal Frame 4.

that always puzzled me, it is not a sales giant many gamers seem to like he IP but I don't remember sales being huge or anything. Yet Nintendo seems to continue to fund them and they don't own any of it

this is a point I was making in the Bayonetta2 thread that Nintendo easily fund titles that keep a 3rd Party relationship going

Fatal Frames should be cheap to make maybe?

so I am a little confused they are teasing only this image with the movie?

So how does the movie tie into the game?

also are the 4 girls we see there the main characters of the released titles and the 5th in the shadow the one for the WiiU game?

pls localize this, not being at E3 was a bad sign

Yes, she should be FF5 main character since she's at the center of the picture with all the other protagonists of the series.

I don't think the game will have ties with the movie. From what I've heard it seems the movie is based on a novel that should be released around the same time.

Semajer

that always puzzled me, it is not a sales giant many gamers seem to like he IP but I don't remember sales being huge or anything. Yet Nintendo seems to continue to fund them and they don't own any of it

this is a point I was making in the Bayonetta2 thread that Nintendo easily fund titles that keep a 3rd Party relationship going

I would have thought it's because Fatal Frame is the last non-first party Japanese horror series that is still running and is:

A) Still horror.
B) Not shit.

Plus, seeing as it isn't a huge money maker, I imagine that Tecmo is happy to have someone pay for development for them.

what is the "clear file" they are giving away with purchase of a ticket?

is it just a photo and profile / bio of the girls or is it a game file thing?

Porcile

Cheap development is probably your answer here along with it a reasonably well known franchise. Tecmo-Koei selling and losing the I.P outright doesn't really make much sense for them and it's probably not worth Nintendo spending the money to buy it in the long term.

It's a good deal on both sides. Nintendo gets a decent exclusive game which doesn't take away any of it's internal development resources while T-K can develop the game on the cheap and share with Nintendo whatever profits come their way. It's an exclusive partnership on a game-by-game basis, with it very likely being that Nintendo green lights any project as they have first refusal on the franchise, either contractual or a gentlemen's agreement between the two companies.

It's a document folder. The physical kind.

seems like a strange item, they are not in the movie, and I am guessing not playable in FF5 but have a document. Does each story take place at the same location? School & Haunted House?

I need a manga of this series, I would love to read more details about it

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope they'll reveal the game in a September direct. would be great to have localization confirmed too.
a Bayonetta like treatment for the fourth episode would perfect of course

About the movie, Kadokawa has released an english subbed version of the teaser trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dML0sIx5ujs

I honestly really like the look of this. If this had nothing to do with Fatal Frame it would still be the first East Asian horror film I've seen in years. There is just something about all those pale girls in black uniforms, especially the short haired one.

I hope they'll reveal the game in a September direct. would be great to have localization confirmed too.
a Bayonetta like treatment for the fourth episode would perfect of course

Wouldn't the next Nintendo direct be in August? The last Nintendo directs were February, April then the June Digital Event.

I feel like since this is a Tecmo project they will be the ones to reveal it themselves at TGS with the following Nintendo Direct having information and possibly more footage.

I would happily pay for a Fatal 4 and Fatal Frame 2 Wii HD Collection. With Bayonetta and stuff like Devil's Third chances have gone from zero to maybe 3%.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I honestly really like the look of this. If this had nothing to do with Fatal Frame it would still be the first East Asian horror film I've seen in years. There is just something about all those pale girls in black uniforms, especially the short haired one.

Wouldn't the next Nintendo direct be in August? The last Nintendo directs were February, April then the June Digital Event.

I feel like since this is a Tecmo project they will be the ones to reveal it themselves at TGS with the following Nintendo Direct having information and possibly more footage.

I would happily pay for a Fatal 4 and Fatal Frame 2 Wii HD Collection. With Bayonetta and stuff like Devil's Third chances have gone from zero to maybe 3%.

I think that latest FF were announced in Directs
let's see!

Oersted

Begging for a avatar quote

Ibrahim

Banned
Just revelaed that they will show fotage of the game this thursday 1:30 Japan time, can't wait. More details on wii u daily.

Top Bottom