• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
The Cross Shuriken is DEFINITELY a phantom weapon. It's listed as a royal arm in the build a lot of press outlets played for chapter 1, but that's not all.

CnRQ1egUIAAOa8a.jpg:orig

The figure on the far left is wielding it. To me, this not only confirms the shuriken is one of the relic weapons Noctis seeks, but that the figures in the clouds (
and the figures Nyx summons in Kingsglaive)
are representations of Lucian kings of the past.

This was basically my theory :)

The phantom weapons Noctis can control/use are from the figures we see, any other are just generic ones for the limit break mode Noctis has.

So Noctis will have a Trident Spear at one point and whatever that One figure next to the suriken guy is holding.

Koozek

The Cross Shuriken is DEFINITELY a phantom weapon. It's listed as a royal arm in the build a lot of press outlets played for chapter 1, but that's not all.

CnRQ1egUIAAOa8a.jpg:orig

The figure on the far left is wielding it. To me, this not only confirms the shuriken is one of the relic weapons Noctis seeks, but that the figures in the clouds
(and the figures Nyx summons in Kingsglaive)
are representations of Lucian kings of the past.

Ahh, I didn't know about this (I tagged it above) even though I saw the new trailer - you sure you didn't just mention something from the spoilers floating around? :/
Though I have to admit that my own speculations were basically implying the same, anyway. But still, I wasn't quite sure, so it would've still been a nice surprise.

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
I would like XV to have a brand new summon, they could call him Roen, then he would use his amazing fashion senses to dress up your enemies, they would look at their clothes, get depressed and kill themselves. : )

Umm what?

I was gonna go full spoiler culture on ya but at this point i blame myself

Don't worry Sanji, I'd never spoil a fellow fan who's been waiting this long! If I don't have something in spoiler tags it was featured in a trailer at some point.

Ahh, I didn't know about this (I tagged it above) even though I saw the new trailer - you sure you didn't just mention something from the spoilers floating around? :/
Though I have to admit that my own speculations were basically implying the same, anyway. But still, I wasn't quite sure, so it would've still been a nice surprise.

No don't worry, I'm assuming they're summons based on something I pointed out in the Kingsglaive thread which is that one of them is a dead ringer for one of the Knights of the Round:

8r8NoYx.jpg

And the fact that you can see that figure in the boxart picture I posted above. That combined with the figure wielding the shuriken in the same piece of art confirms to me that they're all not just Lucian kings (or related spirits) but also Knights of the Round back for Final Fantasy XV.

chefbags

I think that's the case one of the screenshots had a number under it. I'm more curious on how many phantom swords are they and if the Noctis limit break still works like this:

1412508908-phantom-sword-offense.gif

1412509510-phantom-sword-short-warps.gif

MelodicEqualDunnart.gif

You know I've always wondered why they couldn't just add this to the end of the platinum demo. It has the teamwork aspect and the armiger in a good form.

And longer battles to try out different strategies is better than the one single enemy we got at the end of the demo.

Noctis confirmed OP by endgame.

You know I've always wondered why they couldn't just add this to the end of the platinum demo. It has the teamwork aspect and the armiger in a good form.

And longer battles to try out different strategies is better than the one single enemy we got at the end of the demo.

I pray to God that the shitty armiger from platinum demo isn't the final one, because we haven't seen it used in the new demos builds/previews. So I'm legit curious about it that's the only my concern for the final game.

This was basically my theory :)

The phantom weapons Noctis can control/use are from the figures we see, any other are just generic ones for the limit break mode Noctis has.

So Noctis will have a Trident Spear at one point and whatever that One figure next to the suriken guy is holding.

It's worth noting that there are probably thirteen Lucian figures and not just the five we see, to correspond with the thirteen members of the Knights of the Round and the thirteen slots Noctis has available for phantom weapons in the main menu:

latest

You'll note the thirteen nodes which can't be coincidence. KotR is pretty much confirmed for XV and it's fantastic, though since they might be a product of the Ring of the Lucii, it's hard to say if they're actually summons/Astrals or something different?

I'm just happy the Phantom Weapons are able to be wielded by Noctis in physical form as well as in Armiger! Legendary weapons at your finger tips, and not just while limit breaking! Whichever kind soul on this forum assured me of that recently was the one who sent me sniffing this stuff out.

It's worth noting that there are probably thirteen Lucian figures and not just the five we see, to correspond with the thirteen members of the Knights of the Round and the thirteen slots Noctis has available for phantom weapons in the main menu:

latest

You'll note the thirteen nodes which can't be coincidence. KotR is pretty much confirmed for XV and it's fantastic, though since they might be a product of the Ring of the Lucii, it's hard to say if they're actually summons/Astrals or something different?

I'm just happy the Phantom Weapons are able to be wielded by Noctis in physical form as well as in Armiger! Legendary weapons at your finger tips, and not just while limit breaking! Whichever kind soul on this forum assured me of that recently was the one who sent me sniffing this stuff out.

A dlc patch with a deck weapon switcher would be awesome. Sort of like dmc3 weapon switching where you press the shoulder buttons to change.. PC would mod this in an instant.

Koozek

Don't worry Sanji, I'd never spoil a fellow fan who's been waiting this long! If I don't have something in spoiler tags it was featured in a trailer at some point.

No don't worry, I'm assuming they're summons based on something I pointed out in the Kingsglaive thread which is that one of them is a dead ringer for one of the Knights of the Round:

8r8NoYx.jpg

And the fact that you can see that figure in the boxart picture I posted above. That combined with the figure wielding the shuriken in the same piece of art confirms to me that they're all not just Lucian kings (or related spirits) but also Knights of the Round back for Final Fantasy XV.

I see. Thing is, I've been speculating with others about them being the KotR recently, too, but I still wasn't sure if they are friendly or not. With them being in the background all the time like a looming threat and the main party being in a fighting stance on the boxart you could think they're villains. Though then it wouldn't make sense that Noctis is using their weapons.

The one from Kingsglaive is one of these two then:
mSMiB80.png

vBD5oXD.png

Also, I guess, we now finally know what that "big statue" is here:
FFXV-Secret-Movie-Reveal.jpg

Proabably this one:
WXqUwZi.png

Koozek

latest

Your image is too small. Fixed it:
rW6ZxQH.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed. Oh, and Tabata said those creatures in the background in the Dawn trailer aren't summons:
In the "Dawn" trailer, floating in the mist behind a building are the shadows of three huge figures hidden by the clouds. Tabata said that these three beings are not Eidolons, the giant monsters Noctis will be able to summon to his aid (Episode Duscae introduced us to one already, Ramuh). There's no further information on what they are at this time.​

I see. Thing is, I've been speculating with others about them being the KotR recently, too, but I still wasn't sure if they are friendly or not. With them being in the background all the time like a looming threat and the main party being in a fighting stance on the boxart you could think they're villains. Though then it wouldn't make sense that Noctis is using their weapons.

mSMiB80.png

vBD5oXD.png

Proabably this one:
WXqUwZi.png

It's the mace one! If you slow down the trailer and take a look at that Knight swinging, you can see he clearly wields a mace, which is what clinches it for me. The fact that the Kingsglaive Knights seem to be protecting Insomnia at Nyx's behest tells me that they're likely to be friendly, but then you see the way they loom over Regis in Dawn and over Noctis in the boxart and it really muddies things up... Noctis is collecting their weapons though, so it's hard to say. The way they're being built up in Kingsglaive, this is probably some sort of ultimate power to be collected in XV. Hopefully not just for the final dungeon...

Right, I knew this but had forgotten... So these guys are probably a specific result of the Ring of the Lucii then. Not summons huh? Maybe they're only available for a story sequence (likely engame Insomnia) and not as something Noctis can wield at will. That would be disappointing...

I guess a lot of it depends on when Noctis gets the Ring of the Lucii and ring magic- which we still know very little about even after Kingsglaive trailers showed us a couple examples. This is the information I'd most like to see at upcoming events.

latest

This picture is more recent:

vfR3u31.jpg

chozen

I'm just going to say we need no more further confirmation as this would seal the deal for KOTR, some of the names of the Armiger weapons in Episode Duscae are named after the actual KOTR myths weapons. Secace Galatine Rhongomyniad

"At one time, Lancelot let himself be captured by Daguenet, Arthur's Fool, so he was known as Daguenet's Prisoner.
None of his horse, shield or armour had any name attached to them, though his sword was called Secace."

"Galatine is often seen as the ‘shadow to Excalibur’s light’. At the same time, its strength is said to be greatest when there is ample sunlight — since the sun is associated with justice and glory.
Unfortunately, even with Galatine, Gawain was no match for the evil-doings of Mordred, and died while defending King Arthur’s throne from Mordred’s armies."

"Arthur speaks to Culhwch. You shall have the request that head and tounge name, as far as the wind dries, as far as the rain wets,
as far as the sun rises, as far as the sea stretches, as far as the earth extends, excepting only my ship, my mantle, my sword Caledvwlch (Excalibur), my spear Rhongomynyad "

artsi

I'm just going to say we need no more further confirmation as this would seal the deal for KOTR, some of the names of the Armiger weapons in Episode Duscae are named after the actual KOTR myths weapons. Secace Galatine Rhongomyniad

Yeah, they're pretty bad hiding it if it's supposed to be a big secret.

But it's very cool anyway.

"At one time, Lancelot let himself be captured by Daguenet, Arthur's Fool, so he was known as Daguenet's Prisoner.
None of his horse, shield or armour had any name attached to them, though his sword was called Secace."

"Galatine is often seen as the ‘shadow to Excalibur’s light’. At the same time, its strength is said to be greatest when there is ample sunlight — since the sun is associated with justice and glory.
Unfortunately, even with Galatine, Gawain was no match for the evil-doings of Mordred, and died while defending King Arthur’s throne from Mordred’s armies."

"Arthur speaks to Culhwch. You shall have the request that head and tounge name, as far as the wind dries, as far as the rain wets,
as far as the sun rises, as far as the sea stretches, as far as the earth extends, excepting only my ship, my mantle, my sword Caledvwlch (Excalibur), my spear Rhongomynyad "

Yep! I think several of us here on GAF had a nice discussion about this back around Duscae. They've pretty much spelled it out now, these guys are the Knights of the Round. Now we wait and see if Regis' blade is called "Excalibur", what with his name literally meaning king.

Mcdohl

mSMiB80.png

vBD5oXD.png

Proabably this one:
WXqUwZi.png

Nice catch!

Nice to see KOTR get some love again.

FFXIV: Heavensward spoilers:

maxresdefault.jpg

They were pretty badass (but a bit underutilized) on FFXIV this last year.

DeSolos

KOTR probably replaced the fal 'cie(reapers) from Versus. Though if I had to guess, Lucis is still basically a bunch of l'cie of KOTR anyway.

Fabula Nova Crystalis still lives

Koozek

https://youtu.be/mJF9Slf7rQw?t=45s

The gas station looked great in Duscae and you could see the PBR doing wonders for reflections and such. I'd be disappointed if it got downgraded to what that new screenshot is showing, but for now I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

Man, is PBR no longer there? The hair doesn't look like a jagged mess anymore at least.

Don't be disappointed if you won't get PBR and you won't get that nice IQ in the image above. Pretty sure that image is like all the others they so far released also made on the PC. They were at least honest enough to disable the PBR...

Game still has PBR. Quality consistency is questionable but the fan materials in the OP screen looks better than the new American Express picture.

QjWb.png

That AMEX picture could be a screenshot from dev environment (luminous editor) or something to make a quick promo picture. It doesn't seem to have either PBR or proper lighting or post processing effects.

From today's SIGGRAPH presentation:
CoPfe5EVIAET6ab.jpg

Source: Thanks to @fezz4450FFXV on Twitter for hitting me up! I'm waiting for more of the slides. I'll post if I see something. Maybe it's already on Twitter somewhere, I'll check it out.

Koozek

Apparently there's leaked info about the gamescom demo being Chapter 0, which nobody has seen anything of yet and Game Informer said they weren't shown because it should be a special surprise. And a story-heavy trailer. Well, let's see.

Mediking

Apparently there's leaked info about the gamescom demo being Chapter 0, which nobody has seen anything of yet and Game Informer said they weren't shown because it should be a special surprise. And a story-heavy trailer. Well, let's see.

NO SPOILERS.

NO TALK ABOUT STORY HEAVY DETAILS.

GAME IS FAST APPROACHING. BE STRONG AND RESIST.

Dammit Tabata just show more duscae!

Leaked info about what they will show at Gamescon? lol That's new.

Ydelnae

If they show Chapter 0 and it really is
the Ifrit boss fight that appeared briefly on one of the latest making of videos... lol

Koozek

Ahh, let's not start with the white bars again. Somebody will slip up. I feel like I'm the only one of the Hype Crew who didn't read those Kingsglaive spoilers :D

Mediking

Ahh, let's not start with the white bars again. Somebody will slip up. I feel like I'm the only one of the Hype Crew who didn't read those Kingsglaive spoilers :D

I haven't been spoiled on a dang thing. I REFUSE. I REFUSE. I. REFUSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom