• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, thanks.

Heh, even to the extent that she serves as eye candy (which I trust won't be the full extent of the character), she'd look a lot foxier with some pants. Those shorts are like mid 90s Venice beach or something.

But whatever, I'm not actually hung up on character outfits (I played and loved X after all).

sappyday

If that spoiler guy is speaking the truth then at least we don't have to worry that much about the performance of the game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Cidney is a girl who likes to show her body but has no body to speak of, and no personality. THe creepy obsession the developers have with this mechanic girl who probably won't even matter to the story is upsetting
Really says a lot about the state of female protagonists in jrpgs if Cindy is what some people consider to be a character with a personality. Especially in Duscae. Honestly considering how little they've shown of Luna compared to her is upsetting to say the least.

Mediking

Cidney is a girl who likes to show her body but has no body to speak of, and no personality. THe creepy obsession the developers have with this mechanic girl who probably won't even matter to the story is upsetting

She's certainly didn't seem like a tease lol it was hilarious with them trying to flirt and her being oblivious to it all

Yeah, the way they seem to be handling her personality almost makes up for her absurd outfit for me. But seriously, get some pants Cindy!

No, thanks.

Really says a lot about the state of female protagonists in jrpgs if Cindy is what some people consider to be a character with a personality. Especially in Duscae. Honestly considering how little they've shown of Luna compared to her is upsetting to say the least.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not saying Cidney is a top tier written character. I'm just saying give her break and that she isn't just fanservice. She's a mechanic. She helps the guys' fix the car. I just find it funny that people can attack her for how she looks... yet people are totally fine with Gladio walking around with his abs out like that's a great design choice.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not saying Cidney is a top tier written character. I'm just saying give her break and that she isn't just fanservice. She's a mechanic. She helps the guys' fix the car. I just find it funny that people can attack her for how she looks... yet people are totally fine with Gladio walking around with his abs out like that's a great design choice.
Hey hey Don't come for gladio!

I don't care either way it's one character that's probably seen 2 or 3 times throughout the game so whatever I like her.

Prompto-"so uh can I call you sometime"
Cidney-"sure"
Prompto gets excited
Cidney-"me and pop are always up for some company"
Lmao it wasn't exactly like that word for word but you get the idea watching them crash and burn was hilarious if I can get that every time they meet it would get some laughs outta me.

Gladio's open shirt seems extra silly considering how slick and professional he was in the anime flashbacks! It almost seems really OOC after the anime. That being said, an open shirt level of silly fan-service on Gladio doesn't really equal a mechanic wearing a bikini, shorts, and high-heeled boots, and bending forward and over for fan-service shots. Gladio's also not perpetually posing during dialogue and cutscenes like he's in a photo shoot, it's really creepy how Cindy moves! I do like Cindy, though, she's likeable without being Prompto levels of over the top. I'd still have eye-rolled at a bikini, but a bikini with overalls and sneakers would at least have been semi-practical fan-service.

Mediking

Hey hey Don't come for gladio!

I don't care either way it's one character that's probably seen 2 or 3 times throughout the game so whatever I like her.

Prompto-"so uh can I call you sometime"
Cidney-"sure"
Prompto gets excited
Cidney-"me and pop are always up for some company"
Lmao it wasn't exactly like that word for word but you get the idea watching them crash and burn was hilarious if I can get that every time they meet it would get some laughs outta me.

Gladio's open shirt seems extra silly considering how slick and professional he was in the anime flashbacks! It almost seems really OOC after the anime. That being said, an open shirt level of silly fan-service on Gladio doesn't really equal a mechanic wearing a bikini, shorts, and high-heeled boots, and bending forward and over for fan-service shots. Gladio's also not perpetually posing during dialogue and cutscenes like he's in a photo shoot, it's really creepy how Cindy moves! I do like Cindy, though, she's likeable without being Prompto levels of over the top. I'd still have eye-rolled at a bikini, but a bikini with overalls and sneakers would at least have been semi-practical fan-service.

I used to be a guy who strongly disliked how the main party looked... but my hype for this game really grew thanks to how good Episode Duscae was. I'm not really bothered by Gladio's outfit but I still say he should be wearing cool armor or something.

Cidney's outfit isn't that bad BUT I do agree that she could easily be wearing something much better than what she currently got. I like how they introduced her in Episode Duscae. It was goofy and silly.

Pretty much my thoughts on this stuff too.

I read from one of the fancy leaked spoiler that there is some kind of soft "class system" in place, so you know what this means. Dark Knight -> Paladin baby!

Whatttt!? I love class promotion. I still get all misty eyed remembering turning Lise into a dragon knight in SD3. Of course, "promotion" could just take you to a website where you can buy Coleman gear.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I don't think that's fair...i haven't ever really seen this kind of objectification before, putting VR modes of this one girl in there complete with zoomin in on her boobs, putting her on the car as DLC posing, leering over her boobs as she sticks her washboard ass out in front of the camera while she's fixing the car. Its off putting and generally not all that amusing.

I'd like to see "Iris being kawaii" merchandise a lot more

Dark_castle

Pretty much my thoughts on this stuff too.

Whatttt!? I love class promotion. I still get all misty eyed remembering turning Lise into a dragon knight in SD3. Of course, "promotion" could just take you to a website where you can buy Coleman gear.
Yeah me too. You don't know how indescribably giddy I was when promoting Mist in Path of Radiance from a measly cleric to a freaking Valkyrie, who rides a horse. I don't know if there exists such a job system in XV, probably not, but it would have been pretty cool to advancing in "ranks" gaining new piece of base body equipment and weapons that signify stages of growth for the characters. Like Witcher 3 has no class systems, but there are different schools, and each school has their unique fighting style, and equipment that reflects the look of the person.

As for these spoilers about the presentation apparently being Chapter 0... I feel like really anyone could easily put that lie together if they've been following rumors and whatnot about the game. Have they provided any further information? Would the person who was PMing the spoilery version be willing to PM it to me as well?

Yeah me too. You don't know how indescribably giddy I was when promoting Mist in Path of Radiance from a measly cleric to a freaking Valkyrie, who rides a horse. I don't know if there exists such a job system in XV, probably not, but it would have been pretty cool to advancing in "ranks" gaining new piece of base body equipment and weapons that signify stages of growth for the characters. Like Witcher 3 has no class systems, but there are different schools, and each school has their unique fighting style, and equipment that reflects the look of the person.

Oh I do know. Path of Radiance is still my favorite Fire Emblem <3 Titania

Even a soft class system could go a long way toward making up for not being able to control bros directly in XV. Outside of specials and priority targets we can't command them, but if we could really build them/class them in different ways that would be cool.

Download card for Japan

l_5796da28c88b9fljb4.jpg

And a new screen

l_5796da28c697cyajs8.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201607/26111769.html

Famassu

Considering how little they've shown of anyone, it's not all that upsetting. There's obviously, like, 80+% of the game that we haven't seen at all, including character interactions and such.

I complain about the stupidity of Gladio's design all the time. Not only are his leather vest & pants hideous, him being bare-chested all the time is just dumb.

I don't think that's fair...i haven't ever really seen this kind of objectification before, putting VR modes of this one girl in there complete with zoomin in on her boobs, putting her on the car as DLC posing, leering over her boobs as she sticks her washboard ass out in front of the camera while she's fixing the car. Its off putting and generally not all that amusing.

I'd like to see "Iris being kawaii" merchandise a lot more
You know, you criticizing Cindy's sexualized design & such and then complaining about her "washboard ass" makes your criticism ring quite hollow.

Mediking

It'd be cool if you could customize the colors of tents, chairs, and other stuff they use. Like you can buy a cool chair and Noctis can sit on it when they eat or something. I also would like it if you could open the trunk of the car and do stuff.

And there really is alotta potential in giving other characters rides which could lead to cool conversations. Maybe if you take Cor somewhere... you'll hear him share a serious or goofy story. THERE'S ALOTTA POTENTIAL IN THE CAR, GUYS. IT DOESN'T HAFTA BE BORING.

sappyday

It'd be cool if you could customize the colors of tents, chairs, and other stuff they use. Like you can buy a cool chair and Noctis can sit on it when they eat or something. I also would like it if you could open the trunk of the car and do stuff.

And there really is alotta potential in giving other characters rides which could lead to cool conversations. Maybe if you take Cor somewhere... you'll hear him share a serious or goofy story. THERE'S ALOTTA POTENTIAL IN THE CAR, GUYS. IT DOESN'T HAFTA BE BORING.

Yea there is and it's what I've been hoping for since we saw it, but in every amount of footage with the car the characters don't actually talk while riding. Also in Duscae when they're walking around their conversations felt very unnatural.

Mediking

Yea there is and it's what I've been hoping for since we saw it, but in every amount of footage with the car the characters don't actually talk while riding. Also in Duscae when they're walking around their conversations felt very unnatural.

It would be pretty cool if a character like Iris or Cor or Cidney or whoever shares a story of their past or something and a dialogue wheel appears showing what you can say back. It's crazy how much the potential the car has.

DeSolos

I felt the banter in Duscae was fine, but it definitely felt like a lot of could have happened anywhere and didn't feel special as a result. Example: The "Whole lotta land out there..." banter probably could play at any point when the game notices you've been running on foot for a while in the middle of any place that isn't a town.

Thankfully there seems to be location specific banter as well. In the E3 stage presentation there was some banter after passing a snapped telegraph pole about how the group hope the monster they're tracking isn't the one that did that.

Mediking

I felt the banter in Duscae was fine, but it definitely felt like a lot of could have happened anywhere and didn't feel special as a result. Example: The "Whole lotta land out there..." banter probably could play at any point when the game notices you've been running on foot for a while in the middle of any place that isn't a town.

Thankfully there seems to be location specific banter as well. In the E3 stage presentation there was some banter after passing a snapped telegraph pole about how the group hope the monster they're tracking isn't the one that did that.

In gas stations... it would be cool if somebody picks up a magazine or CD for you look at even buy if you want.

I was hoping for the guys who talk about Cidney briefly like Noctis tease Gladi and Prompto as Episode Duscae ended but it never happened. Hahahha.

Inuhanyou

You know, you criticizing Cindy's sexualized design & such and then complaining about her "washboard ass" makes your criticism ring quite hollow.

I can't point out stuff?

I mean if they are going to try and make her sexy, atleast make her realistic with proportions instead of a barbie doll without any features.

Instead it just looks like a sexualized mannequin.

I think you can criticize over sexualization or meaningless sexualization and still be aware of preferable sexualization

Famassu

I can't point out stuff?

I mean if they are going to try and make her sexy, atleast make her realistic with proportions instead of a barbie doll without any features.

Instead it just looks like a sexualized mannequin.

I think you can criticize over sexualization or meaningless sexualization and still be aware of preferable sexualization
Complaining about sexualization of women and then criticizing a female character not having a sexy enough ass are kinda contradictory points to make. Cindy's design is overly sexualized and it wouldn't make a damn difference no matter what the size of her ass would be.

Inuhanyou

Complaining about sexualization of women and then criticizing a female character not having a sexy enough ass are kinda contradictory points to make. Cindy's design is overly sexualized and it wouldn't make a damn difference no matter what the size of her ass would be.

Yeah? I know that. My point is, if they are going to make her overly sexualized(which it seems like they are trying to do in the creepiest way possible complete with car DLC), atleast do it in an appealing manner that makes her actually sexy.

Without that, it just makes the sexualization even more annoying cause they failed at making her sexy, and seemed to just put her in unrealistic clothes for her job description while shoving her as a non entity in players faces cause they were so proud of the character model they designed.

Yeah? I know that. My point is, if they are going to make her overly sexualized(which it seems like they are trying to do in the creepiest way possible complete with car DLC), atleast do it in an appealing manner that makes her actually sexy.

Without that, it just makes the sexualization even more annoying cause they failed at making her sexy, and seemed to just put her in unrealistic clothes for her job description while shoving her as a non entity in players faces cause they were so proud of the character model they designed.

I agree that if realism was what they were going for, then Cidney's outfit is a pretty lousy failure (I especially give an askance look at Tabata claiming she wasn't someone he'd 'be ashamed of' showing to his parents). I kind of fall into a 'have your cake and eat it too' camp, especially in JRPGs and other weeb stuff, but I feel it's always better to like give them some interiority; some sense that their appearance is a choice they made. As it stands Cidney just seems like a sexualized (gameplay) mechanic, which no matter how much you like T&A, I think you have to admit is sad.

51 days until Persona 5, and 66 days until FFXV. I can't believe it's happening.
It's going to suck waiting but there's absolutely no chance in hell I'd import P5. February is not that long of a wait when I have FFXV to keep me company and potentially World of FF in Oct and ofc KH II.8 in December

Inuhanyou

I agree that if realism was what they were going for, then Cidney's outfit is a pretty lousy failure (I especially give an askance look at Tabata claiming she wasn't someone he'd 'be ashamed of' showing to his parents). I kind of fall into a 'have your cake and eat it too' camp, especially in JRPGs and other weeb stuff, but I feel it's always better to like give them some interiority; some sense that their appearance is a choice they made. As it stands Cidney just seems like a sexualized (gameplay) mechanic, which no matter how much you like T&A, I think you have to admit is sad.

I agree

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I do like the idea of a female Cid. Cidney is embarrassing, though.

Although she's really no worse than Tifa design wise, her portrayal and personality aren't exactly saving graces.

I do like the idea of a female Cid. Cidney is embarrassing, though.

Although she's really no worse than Tifa design wise, her portrayal and personality aren't exactly saving graces.

That's how I feel (I like OG Tifa's design FWIW). I'm not saying her design is unproblematic, it's just not what personally concerns me about her. It's how she's contextualized in the game (at least insofar as she has been presented) that demonstrates a fundamental lack of respect for her as a character. And it makes me hard to take seriously his claims that Luna is going to be a 'strong female character'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom