• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fuse trailer and unboxing video

jmood88

This game has absolutely no hype around it. I still have no idea why they decided to change the name to something so generic.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
How old is that guy who did the Unboxing? It was a pretty bland video, I'm sorry sir. It was also not fun. But it's just my honest opinion, nothing else.

Some time ago I sent Insomniac a very humble and kind letter I wonder if it was this guy who got it and throw it away to the garbage because he didn't want nobody to read such a nice letter. You should care about your fans man! Was it you? Uh? Funny man...with those sticker joke... huh.

I wish they could have answered such a good letter! :(

The trailer was actually interesting, thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

When did you send the letter?

This game has absolutely no hype around it. I still have no idea why they decided to change the name to something so generic.

The switch in art-direction didn't help it either. The first trailer looked like something special, this just looks like Gears of War with Insomniac weapons.

K.Sabot

This game reminds me of Haze in a bunch of ways.

-4 player coop
-the enemy designs
-yellow everything with a bit of red/green for contrast.
-"____" will change war forever.
-Stop them corporations.

Elginer

Can't wait for this. Me and the lady are going to play the shit out of this. Thanks Insomniac!
PS: No more Resistance after 3 makes me a sad ass panda. Loved R3.

Hmm, trailer was ok, I just really hope the main characters are enjoyable to be around, that's there's enough entertaining dialogue & narrative around the whole thing.

Insomniac can't catch a break with you guys. A Haze comparison of all things, really?

I think the demo is going to make or break this game. I hope it's a good one and people are pleasantly surprised.

nemesun

Good lord, some of the texture work in that trailer is absolutely atrocious. This game is akin to reverse boarderlands.

AlexBasch

Excuse me if I created a "fantasy world about Overstrike" just based on a trailer many years ago, but it was something that I wanted to play.

Not this shit.

The_Monk

When did you send the letter?

Some time ago, I think it would be more than 8 Months by now. I payed for extra Protection/Insurance on the letter and even payed extra for it to be Tracked by my local Post Office Mail, I really wanted Insomniac to have a good read from a fan as well some tiny questions answered. However I never got an answer and I even said that even if Insomniac did want to answer back, just a "we got your letter" by email would be good enough...

nemesun

Insomniac can't catch a break with you guys. A Haze comparison of all things, really?

I think the demo is going to make or break this game. I hope it's a good one and people are pleasantly surprised.
At least the dialogue seems to be on par with Haze.

bryehn

Blue? Check. Orange? Lots of it. Snappin' necks? Fuck yeah, you bet! Sparks too!

This is some generic-looking stuff, can't say I have any interest.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why is the Villains trailer not up on their own YT channel? I want that trailer without watermarks for some gifs. Get some hype going amongst all this negativity!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The unboxing video was funny. I don't understand the appeal of unboxing videos for normal games in their cases.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
Some time ago, I think it would be more than 8 Months by now. I payed for extra Protection/Insurance on the letter and even payed extra for it to be Tracked by my local Post Office Mail, I really wanted Insomniac to have a good read from a fan as well some tiny questions answered. However I never got an answer and I even said that even if Insomniac did want to answer back, just a "we got your letter" by email would be good enough...

I'll double check to make sure we got it. We do read all of the letters we receive.

Can you post it here if you have it saved? Now I'm curious about this letter.

This game reminds me of Haze in a bunch of ways.

-4 player coop
-the enemy designs
-yellow everything with a bit of red/green for contrast.
-"____" will change war forever.
-Stop them corporations.

Yeah even the name is very similar, both game have some kind of substance that can do crazy stuff. That said there is one key difference here : even if Fuse is a massive failure (which I doubt, I expect a fun coop shooter), it won't kill Insomniac Games, they can still rely on Ratchet, and maybe Resistance if the game fails. Free Radical didn't have this luxury :(

The_Monk

Can you post it here if you have it saved? Now I'm curious about this letter.

Sorry fellow GAFfer. I did not save it because I did write it up with Pen & Paper just like the old days because that's what I wanted, to show that I really wanted them to read my letter, and that's the same reason why I did sent via the good old mail in the post office instead of just a regular Email. I payed way more and spent more time and money but I always thought (and I still think) that it's worth the extra personal touch when you are contacting someone.

Izick

Sorry fellow GAFfer. I did not save it because I did write it up with Pen & Paper just like the old days because that's what I wanted, to show that I really wanted them to read my letter, and that's the same reason why I did sent via the good old mail in the post office instead of just a regular Email. I payed way more and spent more time and money but I always thought (and I still think) that it's worth the extra personal touch when you are contacting someone.

Any chance you could share the gist of it? Curious to know what you wrote about.

VanWinkle

It just looks so bad. I say this as a big Insomniac fan. I've loved their IPs. This looks very generic. I'm surprised it's even being made by Insomniac. The only interesting thing was that big human.

The unboxing video was funny, though.

Even though the game looks a little generic. Since it's Insomniac, i believe they will make a great game that has fun gameplay. That's what they do best.

Will certainly give it a try, a demo would help a lot.

ReaperXL7

I retract my previous statement since it appears Insomniac is not responsible, Im interested in the game, I
would have much preferred the original art style, but this looks like it could be allot of fun with co op.

ill be curious to see reviews.

I actually think this would have been a better idea as a launch game for next gen consoles. People are more interested in starting new franchises on new hardware.

Kayo-kun

The unboxing video was entertaining and it sometimes feels like many are hating on Insomniac too much because of the decisions they've made lately.

I still have to say that the trailer for Fuse didn't raise my interest too much.

I still have a feeling they too closely mimmicked The Incredibles in that first Overstrike trailer and got in trouble. The metallic looking bubbles that encase the guy is a direct rip from The Incredibles.

Takao

Banned
I was actually consdering buying this, but Insomniacs silence on FFA for the Vita has left abit of a sour taste in my mouth. I mean if they cancelled it then whatever but atleast tell people whats going on when the game was supposed to be out awhile ago, would be better than wanting a game thats not coming.

Game does look interesting in some aspects though, ill be curious to see how it reviews.

FFA for Vita isn't in development at Insomniac.

fa5FOk1.jpg

If Sony's so hesitant to talk about it the port's either junk, or they're very desperate for content to have on the E3 show floor for Vita.

mr_nothin

Banned
This looks and SOUNDS cheap as hell. I really hate the sound effects in the trailer. It's like they bought some stock sounds off of the internet.

Getting HAZE vibes all over.

Looks pretty bland to me. I'm sure the weapons will be cool. The art style doesn't appeal to me either. I hope this game does well for them, I like Insomniac.

btkadams

FFA for Vita isn't in development at Insomniac.

fa5FOk1.jpg

If Sony's so hesitant to talk about it the port's either junk, or they're very desperate for content to have on the E3 show floor for Vita.

whaaat? so it's actually done now? what is sony doing????

Top Bottom