• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fuse trailer and unboxing video

Permanently A

Unboxing actually made me laugh, if the game shared the humorous personality rather than the realistic angel they went for I might have given it a chance. But as it is the theme is way too bland and samey.

Raoh

I believe in Insomniac.

I'll buy this game. R3 made me a believer again.

I do too, but it should have been a next gen launch title. They really could done well between xmas 2013 and spring 2014.

I'll wait for the price drop/PS +

And to follow up, Haze was actually good just had too my pressure on it. Great? nah.. Horrible? nah..

Iorv3th

I'm confused by the pre-order to get extra damage. What the hell is that all about? Now instead of pre-ordering i'm pushed toward never buying the game and supporting those policies. Extra costumes etc fine, but extra damage?

jmood88

Anyone else really miss actual manuals and boxes that weren't made of weak recycled plastic?

No. I only looked at the manuals on the first day I bought the game and I don't give a damn about the quality of a box, especially a box that I'll only touch a couple times.

On one level, I want to see more and I like where it's going, on the other, I get a really bad feeling about this game, like it's something I wouldn't want to spend money on.

cameron

After watching a chunk of the 40 minute gameplay stream that was posted in the other thread, Fuse has piqued my interest. The visuals aren't too hot, but the mechanics look solid. If marketing can get more people to watch the archived stream or other gameplay videos that aren't quick cuts, it'll sell tens of copies.

images

Never forget

You played this?

How different is the gameplay from Fuse?

The_Monk

I feel bad for jstevenson reading the replies in these Fuse threads :/

Me too.

If only him or Mucudadada (also from Insomniac) could at least answer my PM's or even answering on Twitter after both of them answering me in here... I would be a bit more happy too.

Toppot

Some cool concept art:

Insomniac have made so many games and have such good artists, yet we have no art books from them =/

I would kill for a real, or digital, art book of R&C 1&2, ToD and ACiT.

someone talk about the gameplay? anyone??? I thought so...

Then I ask you.

What is there that we should never forget?

A trailer created by the talented Blur studio. Blur trailers that, while fantastic, never represent the final product.

http://vz3.blur.com/work

Here's a link to their page and trailers. They do trailers for a variety of games. None of them represent the final product. What makes Overstrike/Fuse so special?

Atruvius

Then I ask you.

A trailer created by the talented Blur studio. Blur trailers that, while fantastic, never represent the final product.

Here's a link to their page and trailers. They do trailers for a variety of games. None of them represent the final product. What makes Overstrike/Fuse so special?

Fuse being made by Insomniac, a company some gaffers like to berate. Some of the shit Fuse and Insomniac is getting is just too much. Most people hating the game haven't even played the game and are just jumping on the bandwagon because it's the done thing here.

I'm bummed out about the games as well, because I like Insomniac's 3D platformers. I love PS1 Spyro games and Insomniac's Ratchet games so I wish they made more stuff in those vein instead of a third person-shooter game on market which seems to be over saturated with TPS-games.

Alienous

Seal the deal, Insomniac. Picture it, launch trailer, Kanye West - Stronger, title cards "From the makers of the best selling ...", action shots, 'FUSE'.

It's too damn easy.

The Lamp

I never thought I'd see a game this grossly generic looking come from Insomniac. What a pity. I can't help but feel like EA might have influenced some of the directions they took with the game, too.

Tagg9

Well boo hoo. Nobody here asked them to change the style and tone.
It went from Ratchet & Clank with Humans too gritty dude-bro shooter with black humor.

What? It doesn't look gritty at all. The dudebro factor also seems considerably lower compared to a lot of other games.

Toppot

Well boo hoo. Nobody here asked them to change the style and tone.
It went from Ratchet & Clank with Humans too gritty dude-bro shooter with black humor.

If they had released a nice art style, but bad game, people would've moaned about it, people wouldn't enjoy playing it and it would be traded in.

Insomniac changed the art style and as a result made a better more entertaining game. Which might look on the surface less appealing, but it should be lots of fun, more people will keep playing the game and word of mouth will spread and overcome the 'generic' look.

They have a very good track record, and I'd think that they deserve a bit more of peoples trust than they seem to get on GAF.

Isn't a game like this being fun, more important than the way it looks?

After watching a chunk of the 40 minute gameplay stream that was posted in the other thread, Fuse has piqued my interest. The visuals aren't too hot, but the mechanics look solid. If marketing can get more people to watch the archived stream or other gameplay videos that aren't quick cuts, it'll sell tens of copies.
The game looks like a lot of fun from that video.

Reminds of me of like... Gears + Bulletstorm + Borderlands.

I'd like to see a demo. The story seems pretty generic, but Insomniac does make fun games.

nel e nel

Why do I hear the Borderlands revive sound at 0:19?

Because it's a stock sound. My android phone used that same sound for text messages, so for the first week I was playing Borderlands 2 I kept wondering why the hell everyone was sending me texts.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Isn't a game like this being fun, more important than the way it looks?
For the most part, sure. But engaging people on both fronts would certainly be ideal. When I think about classic IPs that endure the test of time, raw stylistic appeal and solid game design usually go hand in hand toward that long-term success. Especially games that are trying to sell you on a particular "world" or narrative.

Hopefully people end up responding more favorably to Fuse's tone/setting/characters once they spend quality time with it. At the very least, Insomniac deserves benefit of doubt.

Toppot

For the most part, sure. But engaging people on both fronts would certainly be ideal. When I think about classic IPs that endure the test of time, raw stylistic appeal and solid game design usually go hand in hand toward that long-term success. Especially games that are trying to sell you on a particular "world" or narrative.

Hopefully people end up responding more favorably to Fuse's tone/setting/characters once they spend quality time with it. At the very least, Insomniac deserves benefit of doubt.

Certainly retaining the old art style and being fun would've been great. I would be surprised if Insomniac were hoping Fuse to become a timeless classic. Very few games ever reach that, of modern games the only one I can think off the top of my head that will really stand the test of time is games like Portal, Minecraft.

Every time some new media for the game comes out a few more people seem sold on the game. Demo really needs to be stellar and there needs to be a big marketing push.

I think realistically they will be aiming for strong sales over 3 months before heavy hitters like GTA V come out. And do well enough for them to make a nextgen sequel. Hopefully people will give it a go, hopefully it will be fun and if those 2 things happen then it's smooth sailing for Insomniac.

Miroku129

Then I ask you.

The Blur trailer has more Insomniac's love than that generic game itself, I do not need to play it to realize his lack of charisma. And no, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, in fact I complained since before I was Gaffer.

Take for example dat cgi trailer (made for Blur) of Bioshock Infinite, although not alike, is quite similar to the end result, right?

That shit doesn't happen here. At all.

wrog

Demo next week.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Insomniac Games announced the release of an action-packed demo for the co-op shooter, Fuse™. The fast-paced demo will be available on Xbox Live® Marketplace and the PlayStation® Network on May 7, allowing players to play online* cooperatively with up to four players, or in a 2-player split-screen. In the demo, players will take on the role of four elite operatives — Dalton Brooks, Izzy Sinclair, Jacob Kimble and Naya Deveraux.

8byte

Banned
Really excited to play this demo next week! Hopefully I can live stream it and show off some cool tricks.

Skidd

I am bored 4 minutes in. It looks like a mish mash of everything we have seen this gen combined into one game.

Any game can look boring when the player(s) don't know some of the controls or features, i.e. character swap, alt fires.

Wow, OK.
Really feeling this game now.
Maybe a week-1, now.
Looks like a good time.

Also, I like the ammo count just floating.
That's pretty rad.

I laughed at the wall breach .

Looks pretty generic all round, switching e.t.c might be cool but ill wait and see when the demo hits.

Toppot

So nothing has been mentioned about a possible pc release?
It has been mentioned many, many, many times.

There are no plans for PC version at this time. It would've been a lot of extra work and they wanted to focus on both consoles, a first for them. If it does really well and there is a big enough market, the game might be ported to PC.

Insomniac games have always been generic and underwhelming. They only got attention by being Sony exclusive. It shouldn't be a shock that without that fact to blind people their games are boring.

Top Bottom