• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NieR Automata Info. Characters, Footage, etc.

RyoonZ

Banned
A2 seems like android that went rogue. I hope she has tons of vulgar word to unleash much like Kaine or Zero. As it stands the party full of android is too monotonous compared to varied party member of original NieR and one of the things I like were the banter especially between Grimoire Weiss and Kaine.

Hektor

What if all of these characters are actually the
human weapons mentioned in Nier? Emil was Number 7, and all of these characters have numbers attached to them as well.

Yorha being blindfolded sounds a lot like Emil as he wore his to avoid petrifying anybody, and there are Emil heads everywhere in this game. Emil's gonna be in this too. Halua/Number 6 looks just like the enemies here.

It's probably not some stunning revelation, but it makes sense to me. It's a Yoko Taro game so I dunno how conventional the connections to Replicant/Gestalt will be.

They're all just normal androids made by people on the moon, I'm 100% sure they've no connection to the weapons program.

That Emil is returning was already teased and I don't think your wrong with what you're saying. In the nier drama CD there is a Canon story about Emil fighting the first alien invasion by making a bunch of clones of himself. At the end of the story it was mentioned that he reunited with all of his clones except one who got missing. Could imagine that one got captured by the aliens and used to produce all those robots. This keep in mind that this is all based on unofficial fan translations.

Coda

Everything about this game screams amazing, the colors, environments, character design, combat, shmup/shooter gameplay on top of the already crazy fluid combat, and the air zipline thing!

This is easily one of my most anticipated games for PS4 right now.

Top Bottom