• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Paragon Gameplay - 12/21

Speely

Banned
Looks really fun and satisfying to play. Something about that Epic feel of weight and oomph looks to have translated. Hope the balance is decent, because I am all in.

Did you actually play Gears 3? Because it was quite easily the best competetitive 3rd person shooter of last gen, and having Horde 2.0 with a 4 player co-op campaign only bolstered it.

And this looks way better on every level that I care about.

Better art. The intricate gameplay options that MOBA design affords. It looks like a massive improvement. I get it if you aren't into MOBAs, but there is a reason for their massive popularity.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The only other MOBA that looks like this is SMITE and it looks artistically all over the place at lower fidelity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/40ctcx/more_details_about_card_system/

Hey all

Thanks for your interest in Paragon. I wanted to to add some clarity around the card system!
  • This game is not going to be pay to win. Cards are earned through play.
  • There are tons of cards coming that are interesting / not just pure stats!
  • The core idea behind the card system is indeed a customizable item shop that contributed to individual and team strategy.
  • We are already planning to let you craft whichever card you happen to desire, stay tuned for more details on that system.
  • There are many things about the cards that are not set in stone... among these:
    • How many cards we will have (probably hundreds)
    • How exactly they will be unlocked (going to try a few different things)
    • How many cards will be allowed in a deck (enough for a core build + some flexibility)
    • How much cards as opposed to leveling-up in game affect player power... this is a slider that we've moved many times during development
  • This game is not going to be pay to win!!

The game is early, and we have a lot of work to do still. We realize that the card system is somewhat controversial, but I think we can get it to a place that rewards player time and creativity!

GLHF

Steve Superville
Creative Director / Paragon Team
Epic Games

I recieved an e-mail today asking me to link my Ps4 account to my Epic Games account because they are starting online tests for the Ps4 version soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/414o4b/move_speed_ot3_and_ps4_otw/

Hey Paragon Community,

This weekend, the Paragon Team will be launching our third Online Test (OT3). The team is incredibly excited to include more and more players in each of our tests. We’re getting really valuable feedback, and it’s helping us make the game better.

More Notice!

With OT1, we only gave 17 hours of notice, and lots of people were bummed they couldn’t play. We promised to do better for OT2. We got better - by providing a super impressive 21 hours of notice! Clearly still a fail.

Instead of waiting until we know we have the latest build, we’re now announcing OTs several days in advance. The upside is that players will have more notice. It also means that sometimes we may not have a completely new build. When we don’t, we’re still making changes to balance, testing infrastructure, and collecting feedback!

Changing the Game

Thanks to all the player input we’re getting, we’re making changes to game systems and balance, and adding features with each OT. We’re working hard on things like movement speed (making it faster!), the card system (clarity & diversity of cards), stability, matchmaking, rejoin, UI and many other things. We’ll be sharing more detail all the time.

Where’s the Video?

We’re not releasing an OT Intro video for OT3 (we had some capture problems this week). We do have some new videos coming next week, and plan to release OT videos as frequently as possible. Sorry for missing on this one. #ZekeCalmDown

Check out this one though.

What’s Next?

PS4 testing is right around the corner. In fact, we just recently sent out details on how players can link their PSN account for a chance to be included in PS4 testing.

If you haven’t yet been invited, hang in there. We’re aiming for an OT every week, and we’ll be inviting new players for each one. If you haven’t signed up, please do!

Finally… just like the game, these posts will go through iteration. Let us know what you like and what you don’t.

GLHF,

Steve Superville
Creative Director / Paragon Team
Epic Games

https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/413ytx/steel_hero_abilities_gameplay_video/

Hey Paragon Community,

We just released a new Steel abilities video and we’re interested in hearing your feedback on this style of video. We’re working on how we should best create these videos in the future.

Steel - Hero Abilities - Concept Video

Additionally, we wanted to call out that we’ve enabled the Replay System in this weekend’s Online Test. The gameplay videos you’ve seen us release so far have been largely created using the Replay System and we’re very excited to show Online Test participants an early version of it with OT3.

Again, let us know what you think of this type of video and what you’d like to see in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2_vJXDlTk

Top Bottom