• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Its funny how this game's nowhere to be seen on eshops Coming Soon section whereas stuff releasing after like Pokken and Mario Odyssey have been there for weeks.

Zedark

Is it 60fps or 30fps?

Footage from these previews is 30 fps, which just about confirms what we suspected after that brief moment of uncertainty.

--------------

Great to hear the game is getting so much praise! It looked great from the first moment they showed it on stage, and it looks like the difficulty is suitably high too. Great news, can't wait to play it at the end of the month!

Velcro Fly

Was going to skip this game for a while to not get backlogged on the Switch so quickly but man I don't know if I can stay away.

Present me: "There'll be a game featuring Rabbids in 2017 that you're going to be EXTREMELY hyped about"

Past me:

giphy.webp

Its funny how this game's nowhere to be seen on eshops Coming Soon section whereas stuff releasing after like Pokken and Mario Odyssey have been there for weeks.

NoA has dropped the ball big time on the Coming Soon section of the Switch eShop (I can't speak for other regions). You'd think a game like Sonic Mania would be there, for example.

Footage from these previews is 30 fps, which just about confirms what we suspected after that brief moment of uncertainty.

--------------

Great to hear the game is getting so much praise! It looked great from the first moment they showed it on stage, and it looks like the difficulty is suitably high too. Great news, can't wait to play it at the end of the month!

I wish I preordered it during E3. Oh well, game looks so fucking good. Buying

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope that dude that almost broke down in tears on telly gets a million bucks and bags of cocaine for his work on this if it's as good as it sounds. (Provided he enjoys bags of cocaine)

I'm really intrigued by this, but I wish there were more than 4 Nintendo characters to choose from. But the creativity behind the battle system is looking like it'll more than make up for it.

Rezbit

NoA has dropped the ball big time on the Coming Soon section of the Switch eShop (I can't speak for other regions). You'd think a game like Sonic Mania would be there, for example.

That's weird, the AUS eshop has heaps of coming soon stuff, this included.

Game continues to look great, despite what I first thought when it was leaked.

Oberon

Banned
I hate Rabbids with a burning passion, but love X-Com style games and have a Switch.

Decisions.

You can look at it this way, the primary villains seem to be Rabbits so you will be killing a lot of them. And you can just swap the rabbits from your team and only play Mario characters.

I wanna cry. I feel the passion these devs put into this game and how much it means to them. I was always open minded when the game leaked and I'm glad it's looking like it will be a great game. It should sell over a million easily.

Nintenleo

I'm so proud of this ITALIAN game. It's amazing the amount of passion and respect they put in building this experience, it's definitely the biggest surprise of the year. Hope that it doesn't become repetitive, but it has got everything to be one of the funniest games of the year.

ReaperXL7

So...if this game does well, does it mean we'll see an XCom/XCom 2 port to the Switch?

Asking for a hopeful friend that bought Super SFII and is being rewarded with Resident Evil now.

Doubtful, I don't think 2K has announced anything for Switch other then the annual WWE game

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Salvadora

I liked the appearance of regular Mario enemies in the EGM video.

Hopefully we see a good bit of that in addition to the Rabbids.

The combat looks great and really fun but I'm still a little worried about everything in between. I'm not big on Rabbids either so that's not helping.

Tesser

We've got a preview up and some gameplay as well.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle shows potential to be an impressive title when finalized, especially considering the unexpected premise. The amount of care that went into representing Nintendo's most famous property is evident in that if I didn't know this was developed by Ubisoft I would swear it was developed by Miyamoto and his henchmen. Mario and Rabbids are two worlds I never thought would collide, but the goofy sense of humor people have come to expect from Rabbids games is equally represented in this Mushroom Kingdom that has been violated by the rift in the video game space time continuum.

I'm loving this game and want it badly... I just hate isometric RTS games. Ugh... should I get it anyway?

Well it's not an RTS for one. It's a Turn based game ala XCOM but instead of base operations, you've got minor exploration and puzzle elements. Give it a go, the seeming emphasis on huge movement may draw you in.

I am still in shock of myself that I'm excited to play this. I'll be honest when this was first announced I was like wtf is going on. Now I can't wait to get it in my hands, it looks incredible. I have an 8 hr plane ride to Germany in the beginning of Sept. and can't wait to have this along for the trip.

Majine

Banned
Are these the same people that usually make Rabbids games?

I’m trying to figure out why this one looks way better than anything else Rabbids related, and it’s not because there are goombas.

They cleaned up their act when Nintendo was on the other side of the table?

Top Bottom