• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

I have to say, I've been playing it on PlayStation and it's super fun, the only thing that bothers me is that I feel like this game is going to be lacking content pretty quickly, it gives me a titanfall vibe

Tubie

Got to kill an AT-ST and Vader with my humble starter blaster lmao.

I wonder about the maps tho.

They said 12 total right? I'm scared its 12 maps but with most of them being exclusive to game specific modes and not 12 for each game mode.

I have to say, I've been playing it on PlayStation and it's super fun, the only thing that bothers me is that I feel like this game is going to be lacking content pretty quickly, it gives me a titanfall vibe

Idk if i'd be that worried about it, there's like 5 other modes that are locked

Hagi

There's 14 maps and like 7 game modes? I think it should be okay. I'll be fine moving from co-op to something like walker assault myself.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone know if we are we allowed to record and post footage of the beta?

I got one of the early access codes, and planned to play 1 or 2 hours tonight.

Machina

Banned
I'm interested in seeing what the Droid game mode is. Hopefully it's something cool like V.I.P where you have to keep an astromech alive or something lol

Judging by its picture, I thought it was a smaller section of Hoth with less players (the trench area) and instead of fighting the AT ATs, you take on waves of those black probe droids from Empire

Hagi

Judging by its picture, I thought it was a smaller section of Hoth with less players (the trench area) and instead of fighting the AT ATs, you take on waves of those black probe droids from Empire

oh that would be cool I suppose, hopefully R2 is the hero for that map.

Boke1879

I think the full game will have enough content to keep things fresh, and then we are getting Jakku free I think a week after launch.

I've said this countless times though. Their post launch support is what's going to keep people interested and coming back.

DICE has a chance to do some amazing an awesome things with the whole SW universe opened up to them and if BF4 is any indication I'm really excited for their DLC to come.

the console shots in this thread look almost exactly the damned same as the pc ultra shots in the DF article, lowered resolution aside.

"if your console game looks exactly like your pc version, then youve failed as a developer"

*Johan Andersson*

Renekton

Enough time for TFA to fade away.

Then again the previous 2 BFronts got stale pretty quick, especially the 2nd with godmode Jedi's.

todahawk

I think the full game will have enough content to keep things fresh, and then we are getting Jakku free I think a week after launch.

I've said this countless times though. Their post launch support is what's going to keep people interested and coming back.

DICE has a chance to do some amazing an awesome things with the whole SW universe opened up to them and if BF4 is any indication I'm really excited for their DLC to come.

Yeah, I'm having a shitload of fun with it so far. First time in a tie interceptor screaming around Hoth I was giggling like a little girl. Cleared the skies and started some strafing runs on rebel defenders and was able to take out some turrets. AT-STs were a goddamn blast.

Luke & Vader both were fun to play around with. Loved my gut reaction to seeing vader pop up over a rise as a regular player. Force choke never gets old.

Agreed on post launch support. I think the unlock system and star cards are interesting enough. Really can't wait to start customizing my character more.

Broke out my best headphones last night and was not disappointed with the audio. The music is great but the soundfx were really impressive. Great sampling from the movies, even some of the more obscure sounds... greatly appreciated as a fan. Felt like I was playing the damn movie on Hoth.

Sullust was fine and was surprised by the environmental hazards. Ok for a smaller map. Tatooine was really nice for the survival map. The tusken raiders in the background and the dried bones crunching underfoot were a really nice touch. Better atmosphere than I was expecting on that map.

Top Bottom