• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

nib95

Banned
That Hero gameplay looked terrible. Janky, repetitive, unpolished and just altogether poor looking. The animations and overall hit detection when using the Hero's really needs work.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Saber swings look fucking terrible.

RoKKeR

So you're telling me this game may very well launch in a poor state, requiring more time in the oven. No way!

Still, will give the beta this week a shot.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nice to see them carry on the tradition of janky light saber gameplay. =)

(But seriously, I didn't expect any better. It's not a character action game).

They made lightsaber fights 3rd person? LOLOLOLOLOL

If they made it first person with actual mechanics like Chivalry or something that would be epic.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Uh... first Jackfrags vid, shitty animations and hit detection. Are there modes where you can play without "heroes"?

Liljagare

Yeah, no, the token system for vehicles are too derpy derp for me. Was interested in it until that came out.

(vehicles spawn from tokens, you only have so much time before you despawn in a vehicle, no matter if you die or not.The tokens are also always in the same spot.)

curb

Banned
I'm so glad there's a beta to remind me that I've never been a huge Battlefront guy and that no amount of Force Awakens hype will change that. Saves me $80 Canadian.

zychi

Banned
So how many maps total so far? I'm still really underwhelmed with this, compared to what it could have been.

No, for real: where is the gameplay footage for Endor? Have we seen ANY yet?

I saw Endor footage behind closed doors a few months ago. Looked gorgeous, but definitely more "scripted" than these videos of the game actually being played in its natural state.

Seeing ROTJ Luke Skywalker getting teabagged on Hoth is really depressing me for some reason.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
really glad the beta is this week...

will save me some face after suggesting my friends and i make this our winter shooter

16BitNova

The heroes gameplay looked pretty bad. Like the animations and actions just looked wrong. All other gameplay looked fun though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I guess it has been a long time since the last Battlefront if people are forgetting how light saber "duels" played out.

They were janky then and they will be janky now since you can't shoehorn melee mechanics into a shooter no matter how hard you try. =P

Boke1879

The heroes gameplay looked pretty bad. Like the animations and actions just looked wrong. All other gameplay looked fun though.

Yea it just looked janky. Aside from that. Everything else looked pretty good. Really can't wait to play Drop Zone

Top Bottom