• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 information from Gamestar

Lunar15

I refuse to get overhyped. There's so much hyperbole going on. I want to go in with the right expectations, not over-inflated ones.

tcrunch

qHUMoKz.jpg

Found ss of what happens when you play the whole game without going to the barber. Ultra settings.

3e861pA.png

Bl@de

I refuse to get overhyped. There's so much hyperbole going on. I want to go in with the right expectations, not over-inflated ones.

True. It will be hard but I will wait as long as possible before jumping into Witcher 3. 1 and 2 had superior enhanced editions. And 3 is going to be so big, CD Projekt will fix and balance way after release. So I'll just kick back and play some classics until 2016 ... and then I'll jump in on Witcher 3 with a 16nm GPU.

rashbeep

Banned
Its actually a combination of the two. They mentioned previously that Geralt will find schematics from exploring chest or as rewards, then he has to collect the ingredients which may require taking down tough monsters, and finally he'll need to find a crafter that has the skill to create the item.

Like the other poster said, it sounds a lot like DA:I which I didn't really like. The exploration in that game was quite dull, and I'm not sure why it was designed as an 'open-world' game to begin with.

True. It will be hard but I will wait as long as possible before jumping into Witcher 3. 1 and 2 had superior enhanced editions. And 3 is going to be so big, CD Projekt will fix and balance way after release. So I'll just kick back and play some classics until 2016 ... and then I'll jump in on Witcher 3 with a 16nm GPU.

The hype on this game is turning me off playing it day 1 to be honest. The more revealed the more I just want to wait until the Enhanced Edition comes out and I gotta spiffy new graphics card. It'll probably take till 2016 for the Linux version to come out anyway.

I swear, every time I read just about anything on this game I'm like

Glorious.gif.html

Cannot wait for this to release. Try as I may to temper my hype, SMH at people freaking out over Day 1 patch. Grow up man, it's the reality we're in with regards to big games that especially are open world.

Auctopus

I remember what I played of Witcher 2 (Just the prologue/siege thing) was reasonably difficult. Would hard mode be too ambitious?

Bl@de

The hype on this game is turning me off playing it day 1 to be honest. The more revealed the more I just want to wait until the Enhanced Edition comes out and I gotta spiffy new graphics card. It'll probably take till 2016 for the Linux version to come out anyway.

And don't forget that the 16 free dlc will be available until then ;)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I remember what I played of Witcher 2 (Just the prologue/siege thing) was reasonably difficult. Would hard mode be too ambitious?

Maybe?

Witcher 2 recommended I play on Dark after the tutorial bit. I was like, nah, that sounds a bit difficult since I didn't quite grasp everything and played the entire game on normal. Outside of some jank sections (like that stupid Kayran boss with QTE that didn't work), I found the game way too easy and wish I had at least played on Hard.

Ushay

I wonder what Dark difficulty will entail, they say they don't inflate health stats, but instead increase the aggressiveness of the AI.

Liking it so far.

Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves.
lol

I think that's something Sucker Punch needs to work on as well if they make another inFamous. Great to hear. The world not feeling empty, great weather system, no fetch quests and dialogue/story branches with no clear good/evil are huge highlights to me.

Kazuhira

I wonder what Dark difficulty will entail, they say they don't inflate health stats, but instead increase the aggressiveness of the AI.

Liking it so far.

i'm kinda skeptical about the better AI thing but i hope i´m wrong.
And like others said, i´m doing my first play on dark mode.

Glad the confimed Oxenfurt at last.

[*] The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.

Kalkstein confirmed

And Shani probably for future free DLC.
They already said that some old characters from the games were not present in this game but would be obvious choices for dlc missions.
Shani on Oxenfurt makes A LOT of sense.

Wagram

There are 4 difficulties (easy, medium, hard and dark) which differ in the skill of the monsters you face. Hitpoints remain the same.

THIS is how difficulty is done properly. Devs take notice PLEASE.

DOWN

Banned
Come on now. It's a GOTY contender, but let's not drop MGS V as a contender, and let's pray that Battlefront is a masterpiece in science fiction adventurous war.

Kinthalis

Banned
Pillars will offer a strong competition. Not to mention Torment if it'll come this year.

Yep, pillars of eternity is probably going to offer much betetr combat, possibly better overal story. This will obviously beat it in the graphics department, and likely in the sense of exploration.

These two games will probably be my RPG's of the year.

Numenera I don't think we'll see this year.

Lingitiz

Yep, pillars of eternity is probably going to offer much betetr combat, possibly better overal story. This will obviously beat it in the graphics department, and likely in the sense of exploration.

These two games will probably be my RPG's of the year.

Numenera I don't think we'll see this year.

Yeah I think Pillars will undoubtedly be a better RPG in terms of being faithful to the genre but Witcher 3 will no doubt be fantastic.

The dynamic weather plus the AI roaming (previous reveal) systems makes me much more excited for this. Last game that really did something like that well was S.T.A.L.K.E.R., damn glad we still have devs wanting to utilize systems like these in open world games. Hoping my i5 and 970 can run this on a mix of ultra and high.

The side quests are extremely well made with great writing and branching.
Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves
No level scaling.
Journalist didn't encounter any simple fetch quests
side quests are great and each tells its own story with people actually reacting to Geralt
Novigrad+No man's land are much bigger than Skyrim alone

Thank Christ there are no fetch quests or level scaling.

RK9039

I didn't kill
Letho
in my W2 playthrough, I wonder if he'll turn up in this one.

This will be my first Witcher game. I think Ill roll with PS4 on this one. I dont have PS Plus for online stuff, is that ok?

Yes you'll be fine, this game is singleplayer so you won't need PS+.

93xfan

Banned
day 1 patch confirmed even though 2 months away and delay after delay

What in the fuck

How is it a bad thing? there will also be a post launch patch as well, I'm sure. In such a massive game, they will be finding new bugs for a while, i would expect.

Top Bottom