• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Dragon Age Gamescom first look

I love Dragon Age and I don't believe that they will be able to deliver it especially after Jason Schrier reporting.

Anyway... Was expecting Mass Effect Remastered lol

GymWolf

Bloody hell, I remember this... I thought this was a bad fever dream, lol. But that actually happened. I am still baffled how all over the place the combat system was in that game. Like BioWare couldn't decide what kind of game they wanted to make so they decided to make the worst mixture of a tactical real-time actiony combat system they could. I hope they finally have figured out whether they want Dragon Age to be an action rpg or a tactical rpg.
That game proved once and for all how trash game journalism is nowadays.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

You talk like mediocre games or gaas don't sell a shitload of copies anyway...i mean inquisition won the fucking goty that year ffs :ROFLMAO:
Who cares how many copies they sell or if people with trash taste award gotys to trash games? Fortnite turning into a phenomenon proved how weak the mainstream gaming community really is.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Who cares how many copies they sell or if people with trash taste award gotys to trash games?
Because you said that don't even need to show the game or something similar.

The fact is that a shitload of people doesn't care if the game is mediocre and they are not showing that for people like me and you who knows that bioware is a shadow of himself, so they don't care about our opinions.

hyperbertha

Because you said that don't even need to show the game or something similar.

The fact is that a shitload of people doesn't care if the game is mediocre and they are not showing that for people like me and you who knows that bioware is a shadow of himself, so they don't care about our opinions.
You can only be so mediocre before even the mainstream pushes back. Anthem and Andromeda proved that. I think people are starting to awaken to exactly what these companies are really doing. Basing your games around mtx leads to severe gameplay design issues in your game and I think that's going to fatigue even the most casual of gamers eventually. We'll see.

GymWolf

You can only be so mediocre before even the mainstream pushes back. Anthem and Andromeda proved that. I think people are starting to awaken to exactly what these companies are really doing. Basing your games around mtx leads to severe gameplay design issues in your game and I think that's going to fatigue even the most casual of gamers eventually. We'll see.
I mean you are technically right but we live in a world where a lot of mediocre things have success so who knows.

People is pulling their hairs out for a triple a fantasy open world rpg, hype and starvation for a certain genre can do wonders for people...never understimate successfull mediocrity.

Last edited:

sxodan

All I want from this game is dark and gritty story/setting and a strong, evil and memorable villain. I just could not take Dragon Age Inquisition art style seriously for some reason so I would love to see something different and more realistic this time around.

Airbus Jr

Banned
This took place after Inquition?

I want my girl Cassandra back
akl9v7O.jpg

I'll wager this will be out March 2023, after being delayed from a supposed 2022 release. It'll be a mess of EA's live service monetization mechanics and woke agenda driven narrative and characters, as that's all Bioware seems to have in their writers department these days. That is if EA doesn't realize earlier that it's a hot mess and cancel it and we all know what happens after that...

McHuj

The only thing I ever think of when it comes to Dragon Age is "Press A for Awesome" from DA2.

I still love DA: Origins. That was a fantastic game, but DA2 completely killed any interest in DA3.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Very much in the minority opinion wise here but I loved DA:I. It was actually my favorite in the series.

I don’t know why it resonated so well with me, could have been simpler times I guess. Back then I didn’t realize how socially charged the story was. I guess I wasn’t looking for it so I didn’t see it?

It wasn’t until I went back and played through the PC version that I picked up on the overt political views portrayed in the story. Ignorance is bliss etc etc....

Probably spent a good 100 hours+ with the game across ps3/4 and pc.

supernova8

Banned
When the vast majority of your 'first look' is idiotic shots of staff members walking through a garden like some shitty high school music video homework project, you know you're in for a GREAT GAME.

Andodalf

Banned
Even a flawed Dark Souls clone would be better than what we've got in Inquisition.

That would be terrible. Not everybody wants that style of combat. Combat in DA:I was fine, and has room for improvement without changing to be like a game from a different genera that you have a fetish for.

How would that even work with their party system and series trademark of switching between real-time and paused tactical combat?

Humdinger

I regret to inform you that the vast majority of original talent at bioware has moved on.

Sigh. Ah well. All good things must come to an end.

I'll still check out the game when it releases (in 3-4 years?), but I don't have high expectations.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Never forget.

Top Bottom