• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, help me make sense of what's been going on in the past few hundreds posts:

1. Previously, several sources known to be quite reliable, said that Durango is 1.2 TFLOPS console.

2. An anonymous pastebin appears that almost multiplies rumored specs by two.

3. Suddenly all those reputable sources (which nailed PS4 specs down to FLOPS) are wrong/suck/whatever and anonymous pastebin has become a single most credible piece of information about Durango specs. All this without any kind of verification from other sources.

This looks like a heavy case of wishful thinking. I smell disappointment next Tuesday.

Doubt anyone is I think everyone being realistic and just shitting around if anything it's the excitement of something new and not sure exactly what to expect - Microsoft can only impress at this point after the weeks of negative rumors - expectations are probably mega low.

TheKayle

Banned
This man needs an Xbox avatar.

u totally right

4_U.gif

Izick damn u so fast!

FordGTGuy

Banned

1. Previously, several sources known to be quite reliable, said that Durango is 1.2 TFLOPS console.

3. Suddenly all those reputable sources (which nailed PS4 specs down to FLOPS) are wrong/suck/whatever and anonymous pastebin has become a single most credible piece of information about Durango specs. All this without any kind of verification from other sources.

This looks like a heavy case of wishful thinking. I smell disappointment next Tuesday.

Some of those "reliable" sources have been using Pastebin too for some of their leaks, namely VGLeaks. No matter how reliable a source is doesn't mean they will be right this time that would be a logical fallacy.

Izick

So what do ya'll think are the chances we'll see these folks here- just me killing time till Tuesday at this point. Obviously we'll see Mattrick and Ballmer in some capacity but I want some surprises!

1. Phil Harrison (would be weird but awesome to finally see him on stage)
2. Peter Moore (with his MS roots, interested to see if he shows up)
3. Cliffy B (we know he's partial to MS, wonder if MS will bring him in for something)
4. J Allard (I'd die if I saw him, would be too awesome)

1.) Yes

2.) Possibly

3.) Possibly; less likely than Moore

4.)
l.gif

I can see Insomniac signing up with MS, I doubt they will work with EA again now that the EA partners program is dead.

Doesn't make any sense for them to leave Sony to make multi-platform games to then jump into bed with Microsoft. Logic and the safe move would be to go back to Sony's bosom.

Want to hear my non-MS related rumour? Idol Minds has control of the Ratchet and Clank IP for the next game. They made the HD Collection and we know Ruin has been cancelled.

Izick

If the money and deal is right, then anything can happen. Insomniac going with Microsoft isn't as far-fetched as some believe if Microsoft is giving them a better deal.

Gemüsepizza;58035776 said:
Those bandwidths are not similar, because you can't add them. It's not 170GB/s for 8224MB RAM, it's 68GB/s for 8192MB and 102GB/s for 32MB. Just because the GPU can access both pools at the same time doesn't change their respective bandwidth.

I've had the same thoughts. Admittedly I am not very technical, I just don't understand how only 32MB makes up that large difference...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
If Microsoft let Insomniac make their own IP and keep hold of that IP ala the Epic and Gears deal then all bets are off.

All these studios want these days is to keep hold of IP.

TheKayle

Banned
ahaha i was thinkin

imagine if that guy misterxmedia in all this months had been right all the time?

ahahahaha

what would happen?

every forum on internet should ask sorry to him lol :D

TheKayle

Banned
Where's he at? On here or another forum? Have a link to his posts?

i think he being banned from here..from beyond3d from semiaccurate...etc etc for his theories....

now theres a disceple of him on semiaccurate called mistercteam (maybe is he)

i pm you his blog

I don't think we will hear anything about TFlops on Tuesday. Because if the Durango is weaker MS will avoid it and if it's stronger they will save it for E3.

eso76

Fuck you guys, that 20cu GPU sounds so plausible (plus we heard that number before) I'm now going to be very disappointed when they announce the expected 12cu 1.2 tf console.

I'm outta here.

No, I'm not, but this is cruel.

RayMaker

Banned
Are these 2.3 - 3 tflop rumors tales from the ass or are they actually worth believing

because my gut tells me the 1.23tflop gpu and 8gb ddr3 is right.

to much smoke, and it seems right for what microsoft wants to do.

but,, there is that little voice that says to me ''there might, just might be an uber powerful megton console''

but that is just pipedreaming.

TheKayle

Banned
But thats not a rumor. :lol

I'm just so out of the loop anymore, I'm not sure if we have any idea what to expect.. I know there were credible rumors some time ago that had it underperforming specs wise compared to the PS4, correct?

yeah most rumor talk about 1.2tf console + move engines and a 100gflops audio block to offsets cpu works

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck you guys, that 20cu GPU sounds so plausible (plus we heard that number before) I'm now going to be very disappointed when they announce the expected 12cu 1.2 tf console.

I'm outta here.

No, I'm not, but this is cruel.

It's unlikely
I want to point out its DUAL CORE jaguar, not two quad core jaguars

yeah most rumor talk about 1.2tf console + move engines and a 100gflops audio block to offsets cpu works

I also want to point out its a 1.2 TF GPU plus the jaguar plus over 400 GF in back end/audio

So afaik the console clears 2 TF in its ability to do MADDs, which is a fucking horrid metric for anything but GPU shaders

FordGTGuy

Banned
Are these 2.3 - 3 tflop rumors tales from the ass or are they actually worth believing

because my gut tells me the 1.23tflop gpu and 8gb ddr3 is right.

to much smoke, and it seems right for what microsoft wants to do.

but,, there is that little voice that says to me ''there might, just might be an uber powerful megton console''

but that is just pipedreaming.

Why is it pipedreaming?

Microsoft has the money to do it if they want.

Izick

I just want the games too look prettier and/or run better. That's all I need in terms of horsepower. If it's close to the PS4 then I'll be happy.

The OS is what I really can't wait to see. I know the games will be there, but the OS is the great unknown I can't wait to see.

TheKayle

Banned
ok guys is saturday night here in italy ill go to drink some gin tonics around...
have a nice day/night
see you later ! :)

ps. if something serious happen PM ME PLS !:D

It's unlikely
I want to point out its DUAL CORE jaguar, not two quad core jaguars

I also want to point out its a 1.2 TF GPU plus the jaguar plus over 400 GF in back end/audio

So afaik the console clears 2 TF in its ability to do MADDs, which is a fucking horrid metric for anything but GPU shaders

It is 2 quad-core jaguars, not a dual core jaguar.

RayMaker

Banned
Why is it pipedreaming?

I dont know the internet has convinced me ,in the vgleaks rumor.

I think expecting more will lead to dissapointment.

but if you expect a 1.23gpu+8gbDDR3 console and realize that it will be competitive with the PS4 graphically, then you will be pleased if thats true on the 21st.

if it is more powerful the surprise will be oh so sweet, with the above beliefs.

I have come to terms with the vgleaks specs and are quite pleased with them.

about a year ago I wanted next gen consoles to have at least a 1tflop gpu and 4gb s ram, and they have both surpassed that. so i'am cool.

Ok I'm not saying the 1.2 tflops is wrong but there were several rumors of the Xbox being more powerful before vgleaks and superdae rumor. That was the only source of the 1.2 tflops and everyone just repeated it. I think it is entirely possible that the Xbox was more powerful to begin with or that vgleaks was old and the specs were updated. Every rumor could be wrong. We just don't know.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I dont know the internet has convinced me ,in the vgleaks rumor.

I think expecting more will lead to dissapointment.

but if you expect a 1.23gpu+8gbDDR3 console and realize that it will be competitive with the PS4 graphically, then you will be please if thats true on the 21st.

if it is more powerful the surprise will be oh so sweet, with the above beliefs.

I have come to terms with the vgleaks specs and are quite pleased with them.

about a year I wanted next gen consoles to have at least a 1tflop gpu and 4gb s ram, and they have both surpassed that. so i'am cool.

I'm not convinced in anything whether it happens to be a positive or negative rumor you know why?

That's because no matter how reliable a source is their information means little to nothing until we know for sure.

It is clear Microsoft had a few prototypes for the next Xbox and the 1.2 tflop version could have very well been one but this doesn't prevent there being another prototype that won out for the final specs.

Why is it pipedreaming?

Money isn't the deciding factor. Time is. It takes time to design, validate, manufacture these consoles.

I'd guess that there would only be very minor changes to the hardware specs from what we've seen.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Money isn't the deciding factor. Time is. It takes time to design, validate, manufacture these consoles.

I'd guess that there would only be very minor changes to the hardware specs from what we've seen.

Like I said before there is no reason to think they didn't have multiple prototypes and the 1.2tflop rumor could be wrong from the get go so the argument of time does nothing to validate the rumor at all.

This means nothing as we have no validations that the rumored specs are even true in the first place. Also money means everything depending on the amount of money invested they could have more prototypes with varying specs.

It's too bad we probably won't see specs until the E3 press conference at the earliest. No offense to you guys who love to talk about, but I'm just kind of tired of it at this point, especially in the general next Xbox thread.

Reveal is supposed to be about hardware from what we've heard, even if they don't mention it in the conference they could release the specs to the public anyway.

Izick

It's too bad we probably won't see specs until the E3 press conference at the earliest. No offense to you guys who love to talk about, but I'm just kind of tired of it at this point, especially in the general next Xbox thread.

Miles X

It's very boring, isn't there a specs thread for this?

Yes but you do realize that the vgleaks rumor might have been wrong the whole time. The only leak that seems legitimate from ms was the 2010 roadmap. They were targeting 8-10x 360. That would be around 2tflop. I think it is entirely reasonable that the xbox could be on par or better hardware than the ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom