• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL Beta |OT| Where No Progression Is Better Than Nothing

No drop in/free agent games in the beta

Im sure people wont mind you joining up with other gaffers to check the game out

From what ive read you just need the game to get to the download and the beta opens as a separate game/application.

I would guess you can prob share your disc afterwards unless they tie each download to a disc, which seems unlikely
Beyond the beta, I would assume that EASHL requires a dedicated team and if you want to do drop-in you'd play OTP instead. Which is a shame. I'd love to have a team of just good friends and another that I can hop into more frequently.

Milly79

Swim
Aces
Noz
Marv (in a couple weeks)
RS4

All said they will play in the full game

Delryk has a PS4 now but not sure what his plans are

ForsakenKid played with me, aces and marv in NHL14 when we started the boycotters club and I think hes buddies with wsoxfan as well who had a PS4 last I checked

We should be able to put together a good bunch

Aight, cool. Miss playing with you all.

cept for marv, fuck marv.

bumpkin

Swim
Aces
Noz
Marv (in a couple weeks)
RS4

ForsakenKid played with me, aces and marv in NHL14 when we started the boycotters club and I think hes buddies with wsoxfan as well who had a PS4 last I checked

I've got a PS4.

naeS

Swim
Aces
Noz
Marv (in a couple weeks)
RS4

Ha buddies.

NHL 17 NEW BULLET POINT FEATURE = EASHL Drop-In Games
The thing is, I'd actually prefer more than that - drop-in is nice, but doesn't seem much different than what OTP would be. What I'd really love is the ability to join two or more teams that the game keeps track of stats for. That way, I could feel equally invested with my close friend group's team and maybe something which would allow for more consistent play sessions, like through GAF. Oh well...

But yeah, I would assume next year we'll get drop-in and jersey customization as the big bullet points.

One thing I'd love to see is a Team Challenge List added to the game - things like "complete a tic-tac-toe" or "keep possession for y minutes." Just little challenges that you could work towards with your team to make games that are a blowout on either side more interesting.

I haven't played with GAF's league before but I do have a PS4 and want to play this beta so count me in for the league that gets created for it.

Yea no doubt, the more the merrier. Not sure if im going to coordinate the PS4 club or not at this point, but if so it will be open to whoever unlike that 1 year when we limited the members to try to preserve playing time

I've got a PS4.

My bad forgot all about you bumpkin. You were the 1st to hit me up before we found out about no EASHL in NHL15

I won't have the beta, but I am without a doubt getting the game (PS4) when it comes out.

I think for the first few months, I am probably going to roll with a more casual crew from various places on GAF... I don't know how long that'll go for, but I would still definitely be down to coordinate and play some big in-house GAF games with you guys (As long as we aren't completely terrible and a waste of time) Eventually, I'd like to join the main club and try out if there's room for me. I missed playing with you guys, been really way too damn long.

Beyond the beta, I would assume that EASHL requires a dedicated team and if you want to do drop-in you'd play OTP instead. Which is a shame. I'd love to have a team of just good friends and another that I can hop into more frequently.

I wish this existed too but I'm guessing it'd make their servers explode or something. In the last version I ended up just doing lots of custom-OTP games because I was playing with people from different clubs and it was the only way to get us together.

zsswimmer

I'm going to try and get it tonight and let it download overnight. I want to get a few games in at least, but I had knee surgery a few weeks ago and my one leg is so damn weak that I gotta hit the rehab exercises often and hard. Its out now?

Latest word from their twitter account and forums is they are having "technical difficulties" getting the beta up and the XB1 version that people got earlier stopped working this afternoon, doubtful thats a coincidence...

Just finished a game on Xbox one w/ a random team (using another profile). Or goalie was terrible and there was a lot of plays broken up by incidental contact, which I can't tell yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Also, I was playing as a two-way forward and everything felt a 1/2 second behind - his reaction time on passing/shooting etc. But I did break up a lot of passes. Not a great first experience, but I'd love to mess around a bit more.

Revenant

Swim
Aces
Noz
Marv (in a couple weeks)
RS4

Are we back boys?

I think shawn is trolling everyone with his imaginary club and the story of the game he just finished

Well played sir

I actually joined his club a few hours ago, but I had to leave before I could try playing.

I had to change all of the search options to "any" to find it.

Are we back boys?

Everyone is back but you Rev. You are def not welcome.

The game is prob broken enough without your garbage goals

I actually joined his club a few hours ago, but I had to leave before I could try playing.

I had to change all of the search options to "any" to find it.

Dont believe his lies, im pretty sure this is shawn's alt account just trying to further mislead you gullible people...

EA logic

7-2?

BRB viz going to buy a ps4 for the beta!
The human controlled goaltender that joined the team was...not good. Like down 5-0 on the first 6 shots level of not good. But that wasn't the GAF team, that was the team I joined on my girlfriend's account to just try to get a game in.

Marvie_3

Banned
The human controlled goaltender that joined the team was...not good. Like down 5-0 on the first 6 shots level of not good. But that wasn't the GAF team, that was the team I joined on my girlfriend's account to just try to get a game in.
I finally found your club. Sent a join request.

Revenant

Everyone is back but you Rev. You are def not welcome.

The game is prob broken enough without your garbage goals

Dont believe his lies, im pretty sure this is shawn's alt account just trying to further mislead you gullible people...

the amount of times I scored on what seemed to be "fluky Bullshit" was actually the stroke of an artist.years of skill and craft sent into learning how to take a slapshot from the corner and have it bounce off three guys into the net.

the amount of times I scored on what seemed to be "fluky Bullshit" was actually the stroke of an artist.years of skill and craft sent into learning how to take a slapshot from the corner and have it bounce off three guys into the net.

Is your PSN name still the same as in your GAF profile and were u planning on playing EASHL on PS4 broseph?

MilesTeg

Banned
Couple questions:

Have they said how long the beta lasts?

If I go pick up a used copy of NHL 15 (PS4) I'll be in the beta?

Really a big EASHL fan, totally forgot about this.

Couple questions:

Have they said how long the beta lasts?

If I go pick up a used copy of NHL 15 (PS4) I'll be in the beta?

Really a big EASHL fan, totally forgot about this.

One week and yes

I am so tempted right now to do the same. Gamestop happens to be conveniently right next to where my dog is getting groomed and I gotta go pick him up soon...although I vowed to never step foot into gamestop ever again

Marvie_3

Banned
Viz cant comprehend your level of understanding of physics

I've got work for another hour or so, but I'll sneak away from the computer to accept your request/make you a GM.
Sweet.

Has there been anything said about having multiple lobbies making a return?

lets get 1 lobby working on ps4 before we ask for something like that

they havent said anything about it, but it seems like they are waiting for feedback from the beta to decide how EASHL will be in its final form

Marvie_3

Banned
lets get 1 lobby working on ps4 before we ask for something like that

they havent said anything about it, but it seems like they are waiting for feedback from the beta to decide how EASHL will be in its final form
Hooray for half assed last minute decisions!

I don't remember when they took out multiple lobbies (My guess is NHL 11?) but why did they do that? I'm assuming it's because they couldn't handle it but that's just my EA-cynicism speaking.

I can't imagine they'll have it in this year, they would surely have highlighted the hell out of that if they did.

Milly79

I don't remember when they took out multiple lobbies (My guess is NHL 11?) but why did they do that? I'm assuming it's because they couldn't handle it but that's just my EA-cynicism speaking.

I can't imagine they'll have it in this year, they would surely have highlighted the hell out of that if they did.

It was 11 I think. No idea why. Pretty much forces you into having a small team.

They took them out because clubs were making 2nd clubs and then losing on purpose to their main club to inflate their stats and leaderboard position iirc

So should we just assume the beta isn't gonna start today?

Not looking good on PS4, but apparently its working on XB1 via the friends list "workaround"

I've got work for another hour or so, but I'll sneak away from the computer to accept your request/make you a GM.

I actually just got on and did that myself. Hah. Welcome to the club!

Now...the question is...can we actually play? I just hit "play game" to see what would happen, and I think it froze.

Wait, no...it didn't freeze? It seemed like it. I had to press B to back out, and then I tried again, and now I'm in the Dressing Room.

Top Bottom