• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Murray could make Colton Orr look like Gretzky.

For Habs fans, the 6'6 guy we drafted this year was moved from wing to center about a month ago and apparently has been playing a lot better since for London. If he can stay and grow at C......*drool*

Edit: Jeff O'Niel is still an idiot I see

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
See, I was right... Bertuzzi comes in and scores a goal to get some looks as trade bait! Bert for St. Louis, get it done Kenny!

Red_Man

Speaking of bag of shit captains, let's all take a second to remember that Andrew Ferrence is the captain of the tire fire that is the Edmonton Oilers

ibvNNFAiGcDDn6.gif

Fei

At least Torres isn't our fucking captain.

Ott being captain is just a reflection of how awful Buffalo is.. which everyone knows. So, yeah. I hope you guys never get this bad. Still doesn't change the fact that Torres is a much dirtier player than Ott.

Fei

McBain, Weber, Scott, and Sulzer are four of the defensemen dress for Buffalo tonight. Man, that's one awful lineup.

Ott is dirty but that isn't even my biggest problem with him. The guy is just a coward.

Eh, I can see it. He just reminds me of Matt Barnaby.

Red_Man

Louis Jean of TVA Sports, formally RDS is saying that Kesler has asked for a trade. Tortorella claims another victim.

Red_Man

Wow. What's the story there? Just discontent with Tortorella?
He didn't say why, just that he has wanted out for a while now. Probably a combination of Torts and seeing the writing on the wall and knowing the Canucks aren't winning anything anytime soon.

No shots in the second, #FireTherrien
Seriously, we don't have the best D in the league, but they're better then this. Therrien's systems are garbage.

Some people who get paid millions to play sports are spoiled bitches who can't handle someone with high expectations of them as an athlete.

Maybe he'd like the ol' boys club of Q if he can find his way in. Anyone in that is immune from criticism even when they play like an OHL player.

Red_Man

Canucks have to rebuild now, take picks for Kesler
They may be able to get a 2015 first +

Louis Jean said:
May be tough to move Kesler before the deadline. Draft may be more likely. Vancouver would be looking for a hockey trade not picks.

Also no one is giving up their McDavid pick for a declining, injured player.

Samyy

Also no one is giving up their McDavid pick for a declining, injured player.

No but for fringe teams who project to pick in the teens...

First round picks are worth a lot in 2015 because the draft is so deep

Edmonton could use a Kessler but probably won't trade their first

Red_Man

No but for fringe teams who project to pick in the teens...

First round picks are worth a lot in 2015 because the draft is so deep

Edmonton could use a Kessler but probably won't trade their first
No one is trading that pick right now, you never know what happens next season, you can start off the season terrible and lose your chance at McDavid if you trade it. 2015 1st picks will be a premium, and used on young players, not old ones.

Fei

I would bet the Sabres would look into Kesler if available. I still think of 2011 Kesler as I haven't seen many Canucks games since their Cup run. Has he really been that bad the last few years? I know he was banged up for a long time.

I don't want to win many, but I'm always happy to beat the Bruins.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The fact Detroit is only up by one is not shocking at all. I can't imagine us getting a shutout, so we better get at least one more here.

Red_Man

Sure the Habs look like garbage, but how much worse could it get?

Next 7 games:

Pittsburgh
Toronto
LA
Anaheim
Phoenix
San Jose
Boston

well-i-guess-thats-th53aig.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Louis Jean of TVA Sports, formally RDS is saying that Kesler has asked for a trade. Tortorella claims another victim.

Wait what? I can't imagine him asking for a trade. That's so weird. There's never been any sign of discontent with Tortorella or the Club in general, really the only thing I can think of is that he doesn't think we'll win a cup during his career here (which is a possibility, but he's not THAT old yet). Who's Louis Jean and what's his source?

Also I don't think he'd make it public if he was really asking for a trade out of nowhere, that takes away so much negotiating position.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Next 7 games:

Pittsburgh
Toronto
LA
Anaheim
Phoenix
San Jose
Boston

Because I like you the next 10 for the Leafs:

Isles
Habs
Columbus
Rangers
Flyers
Ducks
Sharks
Kings
Caps
Wings

We gon get fucked in the middle but everything outside of that is very possible for some Ws. :eek:

Next 7 games:

Pittsburgh
Toronto
LA
Anaheim
Phoenix
San Jose
Boston

vkG09Kt.gif

Panthers
Bruins
Flyers
Flyers
Bruins
Coyotes
Penguins
Penguins
Canucks
Maple Leafs
Ducks
Kings
Sharks
Kings
Bruins
Predators
Stars

Red_Man

Wait what? I can't imagine him asking for a trade. That's so weird. There's never been any sign of discontent with Tortorella or the Club in general, really the only thing I can think of is that he doesn't think we'll win a cup during his career here (which is a possibility, but he's not THAT old yet). Who's Louis Jean and what's his source?

Also I don't think he'd make it public if he was really asking for a trade out of nowhere, that takes away so much negotiating position.
Louis Jean is one of the most respected reporters in the industry, but he does all of his work for french stations. He's as reliable as Dreger & co. Kesler didn't make it public, Louis Jean just learned about it from his sources today. Apparently Kesler has wanted out since the beginning of the season.

pringles

Typical Wings. Play in the Habs zone for 18 minutes without scoring or getting a PP, then the Habs have 10 seconds of offense and get a PP right away.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Louis Jean is one of the most respected reporters in the industry, but he does all of his work for french stations. He's as reliable as Dreger & co. Kesler didn't make it public, Louis Jean just learned about it from his sources today. Apparently Kesler has wanted out since the beginning of the season.

Mhmmmmmmm. That's wacky. He's been here forever, his family lives here, and there's been no sign of discontent or lack of effort on his part. Real wacky. Really all I can think of is that he wants a cup and doesn't think he can win one here.

MHMMM. No way Gillis trades him unless someone overpays though. And I don't think any team would want to overpay for him, given his asking price is already high.

Top Bottom