• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MHMMM. No way Gillis trades him unless someone overpays though. And I don't think any team would want to overpay for him, given his asking price is already high.
Mhmmmmm where have I heard this before......

schneider-2-jpeg1.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Twitter has speculation of Kesler being linked to Toronto........

Isn't Kesler old and broken?

Nonis NO

Still one of the best penalty killers in the league and one of the best top centers defensively. His scoring touch is a bit gone (as in, very streaky), but the Canucks have sucked in general and he doesn't have any Wingers, so that's not really all due to him.

Positive corsi and zone-start-differential despite being matched up against the best opponents of every Canucks forward. For reference, The Leafs forward that's matched up against the hardest competition is Kulemin (and that's on average a lot weaker than Kesler's competition) and Kulemon's Corsi is abysmal. To be fair, every Leafs' player's Corsi is abysmal.

EDIT: Also, Kesler has an extremely cap-friendly contract. 5Mio until 15/16.

Mhmmmmm where have I heard this before......

You fully know that those situations are nowhere comparable :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Twitter has speculation of Kesler being linked to Toronto........

Isn't Kesler old and broken?

Nonis NO

Toronto media and fans: Kesler's great grandmother is buried in London, Ontario. TIES TO TORONTO! KESLER TO TORONTO! Kesler want to be close to his great grandmother's grave, he will waive his ntc.

Smiley90

Just saying after the Hodgson & Schneider situations, I wouldn't trust Gillis with moving Kesler, specifically at his weakest point value wise.

That's true.

I'm getting the ledge ready.

Also for the record, Kesler's from Michigan. I heard he always wanted to play with Alfredsson. Probably.

RC

Banned
I'm looking forward to Gillis making all the wrong moves come the trade deadline.
He better not give away Kessy for nothing.

Merguson

Banned
The Leafs might be interested in Kesler but they wouldn't trade any young players.

Dave Nonis has been pretty adamant about that.

EDIT: Youth for youth is a different matter, though.

zroid

Banned
Toronto media and fans: Kesler's great grandmother is buried in London, Ontario. TIES TO TORONTO! KESLER TO TORONTO! Kesler want to be close to his great grandmother's grave, he will waive his ntc.

London is closer to Detroit brah

edit: equidistant actually lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No way we get Kesler and no way is trade Kadri and Gardiner for him either.

I think Nonis has done what he's said thus far and he said no blockbusters and prices are too high. Complete bunk.

Bout Callahan for Kesler? :O Callahan can go back to playing for his BFF Torts.

Otherwise, maybe they'll trade him to Jersey for a 1st and tears or something.

Smiley90

Hawks traded brad Winchester to the Wild for Brian Connelly

I can see how the dominoes are starting to fall.

Hawks trade Connelly away. Realize two years later they want him back?

Connelly confirmed to be Heretic's brother.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bout Callahan for Kesler? :O Callahan can go back to playing for his BFF Torts
I thought about this yesterday, actually. :D

AV likes Kesler, too. He was one of the main guys he would talk about with the NY media when he was talking about how he wanted the Rangers to play back at the start of the season.

The only real issue is that Kesler is a center, which we have a glut of. We've got 5 centers in the lineup already (Richards, Stepan, Brassard, Moore, Boyle), 6 if you count J.T. Miller.

Red_Man

A.Gally has already created more in half a period on Pleks line then the entire forwards group has all game.

Smiley90

. Not surprising that they'll deny it

I still think it's not true. If he requested it at the start of the season, why would his source just come out now?

-shrugs-

That and that it's coming totally out of nowhere makes me doubt the story.

Red_Man

I still think it's not true. If he requested it at the start of the season, why would his source just come out now?

-shrugs-

That and that it's coming totally out of nowhere makes me doubt the story.
I'll take Louis Jeans words over a guys PR agent any day. Obviously they didn't want this getting out, it hurts Gillis position in negotiations. Don't see why it's so hard to believe when it's obvious the Canucks window has closed, and Torts is a giant prick.

Red_Man

It's the same guy who reported MTL turned down parenteau for bourque, it's probably true he had nothing lol.
That proposal happened, Bergevin didn't want Parenteau, he wanted McGinn but Avs wouldn't do it. Bergevin passed on Parenteau in free agency as well.

Red_Man

Bruce Arthur said:
On @LouisJean_TVA's Kesler trade request story: Kesler was also telling people he wanted out of Vancouver after the bronze medal game. So ..... maybe he didn't tell his agent? Anyway, I know who I trust on this.

Top Bottom