• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

yyzjohn

Banned
The Burke "rebuild" failed because they didn't value their players correctly. The team that made the playoffs in 2013 was not a good team, but they had potential. Then Nonis threw it away by signing Clarkson, extending Bozak, giving Phaneuf an exorbitant deal, missing the boat with Franson, letting MacArthur walk for nothing, using a compliance buyout on Grabo, etc. Also that compliance buyout wasted on Komisarek was hilariously dumb.

Anyway I'm not saying we go the Burke route here. 3-4 years should be when you aim for the team to be good. Not necessarily a contender. Once you have a good team then you can establish yourself from there.

Right away Burke came in and threw away 2 first round picks, one that became Seguin. Keeping and developing your picks is what they need to do this time, it takes time and patience. If they luck out and win a McDavid that can help accelerate the process but otherwise it'll be a long while.

zroid

Banned
Right away Burke came in and threw away 2 first round picks, one that became Seguin. Keeping and developing your picks is what they need to do this time, it takes time and patience. If they luck out and win a McDavid that can help accelerate the process but otherwise it'll be a long while.

The thing is the Kessel trade wasn't that bad. Obviously Seguin would've been amazing to have over the longer term (and Dougie but there's no guarantee we draft him), but Kessel has been mismanaged almost from the day he arrived.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Depending on the moves made this off-season I might end up agreeing with you. :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That Glass money could have gone to the Norwegian hobbit.

That's actually pretty close to the gap between them. The Rangers have offered 5-6 years at 4.5m. Zuccarello wants 5-5.5m.

I know we're tight on money, but Zuccarello is one guy you have to pay. There are other free agents on the team that you can make deals with, I think, especially Marty St. Louis, who should honestly be in line for a major paycut considering his age and desire to end his career here.

zroid

Banned
Man the Devils have 0 shots on CBJ in 14 minutes. They really stink, especially without Jagr.

...btw the Devils swept the Leafs

edit: and the Devils just scored ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzjohn

Banned
The CBJ announcers are pumping Clarkson's tires sooooo hard. I'm kind of enjoying it actually.

Did they bust this out?

Wendel%20Clarkson%20Toronto%20Sun.jpg

whats the story behind this?

Oh the Patrick Sharp thing?

Sharp read your book.
Sharp had sex with Patrick Kane’s girlfriend.
Sharp had sex with multiple ice girls.
Sharp had sex with Duncan Keith’s wife.
Sharp was kicked out of his house this summer by his wife.
Sharp’s wife is pregnant with their third child.
Sharp has been having sex with Cheryl Scott from ABC7.
Sharp got a woman pregnant along the way.
There was a fistfight in the locker room at some point due to Sharp’s sex life.
The Chicago Blackhawks are pursuing a trade for Sharp in order to help rectify the ongoing locker room issues.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/did_patrick_sharp_have_sex_with_teammates_wife/18360974

None of it may be true though. What is true though is that he needs to be a family man.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Sharp read your book.
The Chicago Blackhawks are pursuing a trade for Sharp in order to help rectify the ongoing locker room issues.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/did_patrick_sharp_have_sex_with_teammates_wife/18360974

None of it may be true though. What is true though is that he needs to be a family man.

Can you blame all of those women though, so dreamy.

Quick

Banned

Sharp read your book.

tumblr_lo5b0ojfcD1qfb99f.gif

you're testing my patience, Chewie ಠ_ಠ

OCDChewie

Overly Communist hot Doggin' Chewie

please stop

you're testing my patience, Chewie ಠ_ಠ

He was good on faceoffs and did his job pretty well. I'm not saying I think he's an amazing player who will bring them the Cup, but it'd be nice to have him back for a rebuilding year or two.

I want to fight you, then go crush some burgers with you afterwards.

The burgers sound awesome. Fighting, though, is something I'm not good at. I'll forfeit?

Parch

The same classic matchup that has been happening for decades.
Montreal getting ready for the playoffs, against Toronto. Bwahahaha!

Can't believe we managed to trade Heatley and get Fleischmann in return.

GMGM works his magic.

Now if we land Petry and Littefoot, we can make our own Land Before Time sequel based in California.

Why aren't the Ducks just flying out of Santa Ana? LAX is a maelstrom of bodies and cars at all hours.

Also: a shithole.

zroid

Banned
lol Bowen just referred to takeaways and giveaways as analytics

specifically he said this was scored as a takeaway not a giveaway hence I don't like analytics

Top Bottom