• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2016 |OT| Friendship ended with PK, now Shea is my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for the season. Have tickets for the 10/27 Sabres vs Wild game. That will probably be the first game I get to go to this season!

Pikma

Banned
Rookies? in MY community?
116065.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
You guys are all a bunch of idiots and losers for rooting for the teams that play where you live or used to live. You should all be rooting for the team that plays where I live or used to live: The Orange County California USA Ducks

imBask

Banned
You guys are all a bunch of idiots and losers for rooting for the teams that play where you live or used to live. You should all be rooting for the team that plays where I live or used to live: The Orange County California, USA Ducks

you brought a child in a dark world where Arizona has a hockey team and Vegas is about to get one, how could anyone trust you

Pikma

Banned
You guys are all a bunch of idiots and losers for rooting for the teams that play where you live or used to live. You should all be rooting for the team that plays where I live or used to live: The Orange County California USA Ducks
Wait, the Ducks aren't from Los Angeles?

Yawnier

Banned

I can't root for a team that has Randy Bobandy as the head coach, sorry ducks-bro

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If y'all need threads, just let me know. Unless you could move the rest of the posts in here to the Off-Season OT.

I can look into moving a bunch of the older posts to the offseason thread if that's easier. It's just a question of where the cutoff point should be.

sirronoh

Question: (and sorry if I missed this) How can I be added to the allegiance list?
New Jersey Devils :(

My Devils account rep told us the whole sales team threw a party the day the Hall trade was announced. Barring a drop in defense and goaltending, we might actually make the playoffs this year!

Chris R

Another mod was wondering if starting a brand new OT would have been better for attracting newcomers, and then merging the earlier part of this thread into the off-season thread.

This is what I was worried about :(

Hard to get in on the ground floor when there are already 2300+ posts in the thread before the season has even started.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Question: (and sorry if I missed this) How can I be added to the allegiance list?

My Devils account rep told us the whole sales team threw a party the day the Hall trade was announced. Barring a drop in defense and goaltending, we might actually make the playoffs this year!

the east is gonna be messy this year, i think

Pikma

Banned

Welcome fellow Devils fan!

You just need to paypal me $5 per month and I'll make sure you never leave that list

Just post here frequently (or promise to do so) and we'll have you added in no time

Enjoy your stay!

This season's going to be a blast to watch for Leafs fans, even if I doubt they'll get out of the bottom 10 just yet. Can't remember a time we had an exciting prospect that can contribute out of the gate, let alone potentially three. Just hoping Andersen will pan out well, goaltending's been seemingly cursed.

Two more days. . .

PillarEN

Wohohohoho. Slow down now. How are my Wings supposed to make it if the Devils take up a wild card spot?

"zroid" will add you when he sees your post or just remind him in a PM.

Quick

Banned
I can look into moving a bunch of the older posts to the offseason thread if that's easier. It's just a question of where the cutoff point should be.

True. This is a good point. I was thinking basically everything until your announcement that you moved this to OT (this would be the first post).

I defer to your good judgement.

Devils have pieces in place, but still a ways to go I think.

I don't miss the 90s/00s Devils teams, but it's weird how they're not competitive at the moment, since I grew up with the Devils always being competitive.

Heretic

We should start a new thread and have the OP include a history of NHL-Gaf. From After Hours to our epic battle with NBA-Gaf to the legendary Salt on the Ice podcast to playoff salt.

zroid

Banned
I ain't gonna add a buncha newbies to the allegiance list after 1 or 2 posts!

if you're still here in november then we good 👌

Welcome to NHLGAF.

sirronoh

He just sent me the $5 for this month, he is legit

Thanks fam!

Yawnier said:
Holy shit at all the Devils fans

They'll outnumber us leafs fans soon enough.

We're coming for you #TMLtalk! My wife is also on Neogaf and she might post here as well and that'll bring us up to 4
(3.5?)

Quick said:
Devils have pieces in place, but still a ways to go I think.

I don't miss the 90s/00s Devils teams, but it's weird how they're not competitive at the moment, since I grew up with the Devils always being competitive.

Yeah I'm not expecting to make the playoffs honestly. It would be nice but as I tell my co-workers, some of our Top 6 forwards had to have career years last year just to get us close. Can Palmieri and Henrique repeat 30 goal seasons? Probably not but if Cammalleri and Hall can each get at least 20 on top of good years from the other two as well as the other forwards, we have a chance. We'll see though!

PillarEN said:
Wohohohoho. Slow down now. How are my Wings supposed to make it if the Devils take up a wild card spot?

"zroid" will add you when he sees your post or just remind him in a PM.

Hahaha! Every year they get closer and closer to missing the playoffs all on their own but somehow they just keep getting in. I think they'll make it 26 years in a row this season. :)

CreeperBlocks said:
Welcome to NHLGAF.

Thanks! I'm still upset that PK was traded but I hope it works out for you guys.

Cindro

This is the first season where I'll be able to watch every game on a nice big HD TV. No more of these shady low-grade streaming sites running through my tiny laptop screen. Sometimes being an adult with a job is cool!

Though I didn't really follow anything during the offseason - is there a rundown on the moves the Hawks made?

How is Marvie feeling about our chances this year?

Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort,
Suffocation, no breathing
Don't give a fuck if I cut my arm bleeding
This is my last resort,

Cut my life into pieces
I've reached my last resort,
Do you even care if I die bleeding?

Would it be wrong, would it be right?
If I took my life tonight,
Chances are that I might
Mutilation out of sight
And I'm contemplating suicide

'Cause I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm fine
Losing my sight, losing my mind

I never realized I was spread too thin
'Til it was too late and I was empty within
Hungry, feeding on chaos and living in sin
Downward spiral, where do I begin?

It all started when I lost my mother
No love for myself and no love for another
Searching to find a love upon a higher level
Finding nothing but questions and devils

Nothing's alright, nothing is fine

I'm running and I'm crying
I'm crying [4x]
I can't go on living this way

Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort,

Would it be wrong, would it be right?
If I took my life tonight,
Chances are that I might
Mutilation out of sight
And I'm contemplating suicide

Nothing's alright, nothing is fine

I'm running and I'm crying
I can't go on living this way

Can't go on, living this way, nothing's alright

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first season where I'll be able to watch every game on a nice big HD TV. No more of these shady low-grade streaming sites running through my tiny laptop screen. Sometimes being an adult with a job is cool!

Though I didn't really follow anything during the offseason - is there a rundown on the moves the Hawks made?

How is Marvie feeling about our chances this year?

My sources are telling me that Marvie says... "Quenneville sucks"

We OT now :O

Gonna be going to SF and LA this week. Going to the Shorks/Kings home opener. Will also see why you guys like avocados so much...maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom