• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welcome to the off-season.

Please discuss and always remember, he is watching you.

4f6941e3be7216ce624812e654569c07.jpg

Merguson

Banned
FIRE NONIS

btw you can add this to the OP if you want

rfmgMAS.png

If Dallas won it..

McDavid
Seguin
Spezza
Eakin

and all we got out of the Brian Burke era was Tyler Bozak? Well, there's Nazem Kadri who Burke tried to trade multiple times.. and Grabovski who was already there.

eyeless

If Dallas won it..

McDavid
Seguin
Spezza
Eakin
i realize really that if basically any team that isn't below us in the standings wins i'm gonna be annoyed, and i think it's inevitable that a team above us is gonna win

philly with mcdavid? you already have giroux fuck that. colorado? you pieces of shit already have tons of top 3 picks. san jose? dallas? KINGS? BOSTON? a team that's already decent shouldn't get mcdavid. the new lottery odds are ok for every other year but not this one, mcdavid should go to a team that sucks now so they can rise.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

i realize really that if basically any team that isn't below us in the standings wins i'm gonna be annoyed, and i think it's inevitable that a team above us is gonna win

philly with mcdavid? you already have giroux fuck that. colorado? you pieces of shit already have tons of top 3 picks. san jose? dallas? KINGS? BOSTON? a team that's already decent shouldn't get mcdavid. the new lottery odds are ok for every other year but not this one, mcdavid should go to a team that sucks now so they can rise.

Shhhh embrace the lineup:

O'reilly-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-McDavid-MacKinnon
Tanguay-Hishon-McGinn
Everberg-Mitchell-McLeod

Foggy

6% is a nice even number. That'll do.

Remembering those halcyon days when Leafs-GAF was rooting for the BJs. They finished 21 points ahead of the Leafs.

Will hunker down here and marvel at the rest of Playoff-GAF convince each other that their own team is gonna lose.

Will hunker down here and marvel at the rest of Playoff-GAF convince each other that their own team is gonna lose.
After that miraculous circus Tabris put on years ago it's a wonder anyone roots for anything around here now. We're nothing if not superstitious. But only about sports! Anywhere else and its nonsense.

zroid

Banned
I'm glad Staios is staying on board. All indications are that he's a quality piece of the organization.

zroid

Banned
It happened.

It should have happened last year.

But it finally happened.

look on the bright side

if it happened last year we might not have gotten a top 5 pick. Marner/Strome/Hanifin are way better than any other plausible result this season!

Hell I said near the beginning of the year that I would like a playoff berth even if it was hollow and PDO-driven UNLESS Leafs got a top 5 pick (something I thought impossible in October)

Merguson

Banned
It happened.

It should have happened last year.

But it finally happened.

Assuming the Globe & Mail article was true about Shanahan going to the MLSE board in April 2014 and asking to tear the roster down which the board said to give the current group a chance.

I think that probably extended to key people in Nonis and Carlyle. Carlyle was let go in December despite being in a playoff position.

Nonis is let go as soon as the season is over.

The NHL has new compensation rules which if you're poaching executives from other teams, you give up a 2nd if the hiring is in-season, a 3rd if it's in the off-season. I think the timing plays into that.

Top Bottom