• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Socreges

Banned
Sorry Canucks fans, after watching that play the refs kinda got it right? Burrows definitely skated into the dudes head on purpose when he wasn't looking, and bieskla deserves a misconduct for skating up and chirping a guy prone on the ice.

It was weird when they announced it as a 2 minute minor and a misconduct though, guess they corrected that.

It was a bad cross check (if hilariously unpunished) but let's not go crazy. ;)

I'd argue Buffs penalty at the end if the game was dumber and actually worse. He was just mad he got turned around in the eventual gwg and decided to do that thing where he slashes and punches a guy until the refs make him stop.
The fuck happened to calder

Socreges

Banned
*looks at standings*

Got it.

And the Canucks! Can't believe they will probably hit 100 points. This team has surpassed all my expectations, regular season only notwithstanding.

Fuck Torts, more than ever.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not sure what you're saying. Different things are different?
You being the author, it would be unfair of me to think you'd understand. Was just highlighting what I felt were two very unusual opinions. Hating the Canucks and loving the Jets doesn't quite explain it as you're normally one of the more reasonable people around. *shrug*

And I've been told I need to get back into SHIELD. I gave up after the first 6 or so episodes of the first season.

zroid

Banned
Off topic, Agents of SHIELD is really good this season. The new plot lines are very interesting so far.

glad to hear that, I've got the whole season piling up on the DVR and I occasionally contemplate deleting everything because the first season didn't really grab me even though I saw it all

been hoping i'd like the 2nd season more but i keep putting off watching it

calder

You being the author, it would be unfair of me to think you'd understand. Was just highlighting what I felt were two very unusual opinions. Hating the Canucks and loving the Jets doesn't quite explain it as you're normally one of the more reasonable people around. *shrug*
... but I said Buff's cross check deserved a major penalty? I'd say that was an uncontroversial, if not near unanimous, opinion.

And Burrows arguably deserved his major too - it sure looked to me like the sort of sneaky dirty thing he's known for. He saw a guy skating with his head turned, and deliberately skated into him in such a way as to hit him in the head. He even lifts his shoulder a bit to make sure, then bounces off with an unconvincing "whoa what an unlucky collision!" act.

Clydefrog

The Ducks are probably going to let Edmonton rest tomorrow so they're fresh for the game against LA on Thursday.

I hate the Anaheim Ducks

Quick

Banned
Off topic, Agents of SHIELD is really good this season. The new plot lines are very interesting so far.

I've been with the show since the beginning, and it's awesome seeing the show really hit its stride. I'm curious to see what the fallout of Age of Ultron has on AoS.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Miller got lucky as fuck, good lord. No nerve damage and his eye is fine.

CBecYQfUQAEMxHl.jpg:large

Yawnier

Banned
jesus... 6 points for Marner tonight

how do you send this kid back to junior?

As a center to two players he doesn't usually play with in Matt Rupert and Sterk too, after playing the majority of regular season as a winger on Domi's line

Very impressive. The next Dougie Gilmour *thumbs up*

Rangers' magic number to clinch the Metro division is now 4. The win tonight guaranteed that they will hold the tiebreaker over both the Islanders and the Penguins even if they tied in points. The Isles cannot catch up in ROW. The Penguins can do no better than matching the Rangers' ROW, but the Rangers were 3-0-1 against the Penguins this season and thus own the tiebreaker.
There was never any doubt you guys would get top seed for a while now....

I hate this team so much right now. So all we need to do is win 3 games of our remaining 6 and Ottawa will pretty much need to win all the rest of their games to pass us (give or take a point)..... The odds are so stacked against us with how we are playing. DRIVE FOR 9TH!!!

They better show up these last 6 games and prove they actually can play hockey and make the playoffs

gaming_noob

jesus... 6 points for Marner tonight

how do you send this kid back to junior?

Phileadelphia wins the lotto

1. Phileadelphia - McDavid
2. Buffalo- Eichal
3. Arizona - Hanifin
4. Edmonton - Strome
5. Carolina - Marner
6. Toronto - no franchise player to build around

Samyy

Phileadelphia wins the lotto

1. Phileadelphia - McDavid
2. Buffalo- Eichal
3. Arizona - Hanifin
4. Edmonton - Strome
5. Carolina - Marner
6. Toronto - no franchise player to build around

Step away from the ledge bro
Buffalo is gonna win tonight

Carolina gonna beat the Cats tomorrow!

calder

To Make The Playoffs, Hockey Teams Play Not To Win by Nate Silver.

At the end of tie games, teams across the league don’t play to win — they play not to lose.

It wasn’t always this way. For most of the NHL’s history and through the 1998-99 season, a team earned two points for a win in regulation or overtime, zero points for a loss, and one point for a tie. But in 2005, the NHL mandated shootouts at the end of overtime, which prompted a change in the point structure. Now, the winner would get two points and the overtime loser one. (From 1999 to 2005, the loser of an overtime game also received a point, but matches could also finish tied, with each squad earning a point.) By and large, the new structure encourages teams in tie games to try to play for overtime, where the total number of points awarded to the teams increases by 50 percent (three vs. two).

Nothing that isn't already widely known, but his math is unsurprisingly detailed. He doesn't even touch on the worst part of the loser point, the fake parity.

Deleted a bunch of inactive posters and updated this quickly. It'd be more accurate but the Hawks game is starting. I'm sure I'm still missing quite a few people and put a few on the wrong teams.

NHL-GAF Allegiance List

medium.png

• Calamari41
  • Dastardly Jerks
  • Giggzy
  • Heretic
  • SmackCrackleNPop
  • Ursn

medium.png

• ActStriker
  • ATF487
  • MacAttack
  • Sanjuro
  • vatstep

medium.png

• CrankyJay
  • Fei
  • HadesGigas
  • OnPoint

medium.png

• CREMSteve
  • Terrordactyl
  • yodathesoda
  • zedge

medium.png

• Entropia
  • Syrinx

medium.png

• alexthekid
  • apocalidiot
  • Clockblockers
  • Marvie_3
  • MeBecomingI
  • Revenant
  • wsoxfan1214

medium.png

• 19 & 21
  • DrForester
  • Fata1moose
  • rhfb
  • Xeteh

medium.png

• Foggy

medium.png

• kingslunk
  • megachao24
  • Pikma

medium.png

• CrazedArabMan
  • Plinko
  • pringles
  • scissorfight
  • Wingfan19

medium.png

• Parch

medium.png

• :lol

medium.png

• Clydefrog
  • Pickles the Firecat

medium.png

• FUBAR McDangles
  • Vman

medium.png

• CreeperBlocks
  • lamaroo
  • Razorskin
  • Red_Man
  • SCHUEY F1
  • Solo

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

• TeethMummy

medium.png

• MetatronM
  • Stasis

medium.png

• Cake Boss
  • equippedwithtowel
  • GSG Flash
  • KernelPanic
  • Silexx

medium.png

• Curufinwe
  • jello44
  • SolidSnakeUS

medium.png

medium.png

• Alucard
  • kassatsu
  • purg3
  • Zaraki_Kenpachi

medium.png

• Acid08
  • speculawyer

medium.png

• Freyjadour

medium.png

• ZeroGravity

medium.png

• BigJonsson
  • bonesmccoy
  • Cactus
  • DopeyFish
  • dr.rocktopus
  • Kave_Man
  • Kuro Madoushi
  • Merguson
  • Montresor
  • OCDChewie
  • Quick
  • Samyy
  • shadowkat
  • Simon Belmont
  • Spl1nter
  • SuperSonic1305
  • User33
  • Yawnier
  • yyzjohn
  • Zombie James
  • zroid

medium.png

• bishoptl
  • iLLmAtlc
  • Lone_Prodigy
  • NetMapel
  • RC
  • Smiley90
  • Socreges
  • Tabris
  • trifelife
  • TUSR

medium.png

• Coldnoodle
  • ShaneB

medium.png

• calder
  • Erdrick
  • fallout
  • JK-Money

Can't believe I'm not on this list. With Frey. Blues for life.

Top Bottom