• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Marvie_3

Banned
izGkhWr.jpg

bYtixQm.jpg

zroid

Banned
So apparently that Bergenheim hit on MacKimmons was clean

Unfortunately Mac's own stick hit him in the nose :(

B_BKrDrXAAEOkLh.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
Mini Doug Gilmour........ hngggggggggggggg

"That would be a dream come true for me," Marner, the 17-year-old from Thornhill, said. "Growing up in Toronto, everyone always dreams of playing and winning a Stanley Cup in their hometown, for them. With the struggle the Leafs have been through the past couple of years and the playoff slumps they've had, you want to be the guy who goes in there and helps them get to the post-season and takes them as far as you can.

"You want to be the guy that puts a 'C' on their sweater and wins a Cup in Toronto. It would be a great accomplishment and then, you will forever be a hero in that town.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/02/26/mitch-marner-would-love-to-be-drafted-by-the-maple-leafs

Cake Boss

Banned
There is market for the Senators defencemen: Eric Gryba, Patrick Wiercioch and Chris Phillips are all drawing interest. There’s a possibility two of those three get dealt because the club has other blueliners in the organization they can give a chance to play

iunPpO4C2oXDx.gif

Bye Bitches.

Except Weirdick

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow...
The complete dismantling of the Leafs by Price
The rant against nerds by Cherry
The Keslelelelelellaaelelleelel jersey on the ice...IN MONTREAL

At the rate we're going, we could really end up 3rd! :0

TRADE LUPUL, BOZAK, PHANEUF, AND BERNIER!

Wow...

I don't know man. Phoenix/Edmonton/Buffalo are on another level.

4th is the best you guys get, IMO. Unless you win the lottery.

I would actually really enjoy that. McDavid to the Leafs, Eichel to the Sabres. That I can get behind.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Will Paul Hendrick tease us with a Leafs trade only for it not to happen?

What he say? I don't see anything.

Creepy or not Hendrick is very well connected, years past he would always tease something that he feels has a good chance of happening.

Stet

Banned
Wow...

all of you shut up lupul is amazing even if he only plays half the time :(

zroid

Banned
I would actually really enjoy that. McDavid to the Leafs, Eichel to the Sabres. That I can get behind.

It would be a great story for the 2017 Winter Classic which Toronto is rumoured to host. Buffalo's the most logical choice for the visiting team anyway since Gary will never do it with two Canadian teams.

Merguson

Banned
What he say? I don't see anything.

Creepy or not Hendrick is very well connected, years past he would always tease something that he feels has a good chance of happening.

He said nothing.. yet.

EDIT: Leafs claim Tim Erixon.. Marvie.. scouting report pls

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Or maybe the leafs are about to trade a defenseman

Was just about to say.

Gardiner, Phaneuf, Robidas, Holzer, Rielly, Polak are our six with Granberg being our call up.

Actually just saw some people think he's there to fill that 7th role and let Granberg stay down to help the Marlies.

zroid

Banned
The Leafs just claimed Tim Erixon. Smart move. If he continues to bust, you've only temporarily sacrificed a contract spot. If he pans out, you've picked up a solid defensman for nothing.

I love when teams make low risk high reward moves, and it seems that Toronto is buying into this philosophy.

The Islanders are good at this too

He has a +1.4% score adj CF%rel this season (27 games). +1.6% two seasons ago (31 games). I'm certainly ok with giving him a chance.

By comparison, Holzer is -3.0% in 33 games this season.

Trading Holzer for anything while getting Erixon for nothing would be a coup.

Yawnier

Banned
I like this Erixon pickup.

Can help keep the kids (Granberg, Percy, etc.) down in the marlies and away from this shitfire

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wouldn't be surprised if leafs pick up aulie too.

I'm expecting leafs to trade polak, at least. Outside chance with Phaneuf too.

Do think there's a decent chance robidas goes too.

zroid

Banned
I think Simmons just reached a new level of dementia. He is arguing that Kessel is dragging down Bozak.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't know any of the fancy statistics or analytics, but this fellow was fed endless perfect passes right in front of bewildered goalies, and none of his shots went in.
That's why the #AlmostBourque hashtag was created by Habs fans. It's what he does.

Samyy

Such a wierd trade deadline. Lots of trades but all done in the 2 weeks prior.

There were 14 trades before the deadline last year, 20 on deadline day.

If Glencross is traded I believe that makes 14 before the deadline this year so plenty of stuff can still happen.

The trade shows are going to be so awkward tomorrow if nothing really goes down, however it seems unlike last year, there are teams who are actually ready to sell where as the race for the playoffs were a lot tighter last year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Didn't the broons trade for someone last night and we still don't who it is, and now Glencross has been traded and we don't know where.

zroid

Banned
I thought the Ducks were going to keep Bourque till the playoffs to unleash #PlayoffsBork on the western conference

Top Bottom