• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Cbajd5

My page on findmyorder.com is all screwed up since the orders were placed by digital river reps, one of which misspelled my email address. Only my August order says cancelled on bathe invoice page, though.

Have you tried putting your order numbers in the UPS track by reference? If it finds something you'll be getting them.

iammeiam

Again, I apologize. This is a bad situation no matter how we look at it and if those who were wrong are unsatisfied with Namco's response, then it is fair to say neither Namco or Digital River have done enough.

I can totally understand having moments of 'calm down, people!' reading through the thread, so I get where you're coming from. I do agree Namco should be far more concerned with the people who had six months of thinking they were getting this than with me, for what it's worth, it's just that I believe their botching of the issue extended further than the initial oversell (DR is on my list forever due to whole batch of 24th orders shipping.)

lol i'm not even getting any profit from it. besides, you keep bringing that up as if i lost a profit. i lost my wiz ed and my nephew's. who the hell cares what an ebay buyer missed out on? i certainly don't, so you better stop putting words into my mouth.

Did you order all 3 on the 17th? When they were one per person? You had to at some point expect two people were going to end up screwed there.

My page on findmyorder.com is all screwed up since the orders were placed by digital river reps, one of which misspelled my email address. Only my August order says cancelled on bathe invoice page, though.

That's... discouraging. Have you tried using the order numbers from the cancellation e-mails through UPS? Otherwise I think you're stuck calling DR, which sucks.

lol i'm not even getting any profit from it.

then why have you ever considered putting it on ebay in the 1st place?

besides, you keep bringing that up as if i lost a profit.

go ahead and check my post history.

i lost my wiz ed and my nephew's.

karma's a bitch.

who the hell cares what an ebay buyer missed out on? i certainly don't,

have you considered the possibility that there is a fan who missed out on the initial preorder, and couldn't get on the 'false' second wave, but decided not to disappoint his/her nephew but paying extra on ebay???

so you better stop putting words into my mouth.

please stop putting your own foot into your own mouth.

please stop putting your own foot into your own mouth.

i've never complained about losing any profit i might've made from ebay. i'm complaining about losing my OWN wiz ed and not the wiz ed of others, so kindly shut your mouth for painting me as if i'm even concerned about what i'd get from ebay. again, don't put your words in my mouth. you're speaking as if my motivation for complaining is that i missed a $100 profit. do you get that now or do i have to drill it into your skull? don't put words into my mouth, and don't misrepresent me or my words. who are you to speak for me?

oh right because your desire of getting something should be measure by how much you're following a game. /sarcasm

5 months ago and ten days ago, we all paid the same $99. also, totally stupid to gauge one's interest on a product only made available for two opportunities. who are you to say i wasn't interested about the wiz ed 4 months ago? you speak as if people who bought the wiz ed 10 days ago have only heardrd about the game exactly 10 days ago? ever thought of people who missed the wiz ed the first time but have become very involved with the game after that and up until release? you speak as if you either heard of it 5 months ago or ten days ago. what a pathetic analogy.

You need to stop being so angry about this, or at least take it to the Facebook complaint thread. I for one am beyond tired of your bitching and moaning. What do you not understand about "they didn't have to do ANYTHING for you but in fact, did"

Get over it!

wow what a total scum. what kind of entitled jerk would think, "oh serves them right!". Namco offered a legitimate, guaranteed way of getting us a Wiz Ed, plain and simple.

And you need to back off of frequency, he has tried to talk you off this cliff for a while now and has a point besides!

And just because it happens on an internet store doesn't make it guaranteed. Jesus you are dense!

i've never complained about losing any profit i might've made from ebay. i'm complaining about losing my OWN wiz ed and not the wiz ed of others, so kindly shut your mouth for painting me as if i'm even concerned about what i'd get from ebay. again, don't put your words in my mouth. you're speaking as if my motivation for complaining is that i missed a $100 profit. do you get that now or do i have to drill it into your skull? don't put words into my mouth, and don't misrepresent me or my words. who are you to speak for me?

i'm someone who feel sorry for this fellow.

I'm one of the Jan 17thers, but in my defense I'd started checking in November (I think) to see if they'd reopened orders.

I honestly think the shiftiest thing about the way this all played out is that they (they here being DR) had to know by the end of the 17th that a substantial number of people had just bought something they'd be unable to deliver. They chose to sit on that information for a week, and by the time they came clean about the situation it was too late for people to try and take advantage of any of the other limited-edition stuff out there (steelbooks, Amazon preorder DLC code, etc.) Add in that a group of people who ordered on the 24th essentially got a free pass to cut in line, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Had they just cancelled my order on the 18th, I'd have been disappointed but accepting. As it is, the DR coupon just irritates me because why would I want to trust those people with my money again?

Namco isn't obligated to do anything for me, DR isn't obligated to do anything for me--they're not even obligated to do anything for the poor people who ordered last year and got screwed out of copies due to billing issues--but I do wish that their version of going above and beyond to express sincerity wasn't essentially giving me an awesome inner liner for the coat they just failed to sell me.

Some people are certainly raging way harder about this than is logical, but the strategy guide hasn't been sufficient to un-irritate me at Namco/DR.

so I just decided to cancel my fishpond order and just picked up from eBay, us edition

how much did you pay for it? yeah, fishpond actually emailed me giving me a deadline about the stuff in my basket. the amount of negative reviews for fishpond is just stunning.

You need to stop being so angry about this, or at least take it to the Facebook complaint thread. I for one am beyond tired of your bitching and moaning. What do you not understand about "they didn't have to do ANYTHING for you but in fact, did"

Get over it!

then you should've said that in your earlier post instead of trying hard to sound smart and sarcastic.

BosSin

I'll stick with my fishpond order for a while, and if any issues arise I will just ask for a refund from PayPal.

The prices on eBay are ridiculous

beast786

how much did you pay for it? yeah, fishpond actually emailed me giving me a deadline about the stuff in my basket. the amount of negative reviews for fishpond is just stunning.

360$

but I am also a collector, I have uncharted fortune hunter edition and some other stuff .

Am setting up my basement for gaming stuff and this will fit right in

Oh, finally. My Australian WE is in processing. Hopefully it'll go through. Shame I can't get the coins/soundtrack but considering the nightmare or the deep paycheck people have to go through to get that version it's just not worth it.

dont be sad, it only has 2 tracks , yes only 2 !!!!
the golden coin was the real deal , not to mention the fancy packaging and colorful art

Yasumi

Banned
So when are we supposed to be getting this second $20 off code and strategy guide email? Monday, I'm guessing?

Also, since I'm one of the people who had their first order cancelled and used the promo link on the 23rd/24th, any idea if the coupon+guide would even be available to us?

So when are we supposed to be getting this second $20 off code and strategy guide email? Monday, I'm guessing?

Also, since I'm one of the people who had their first order cancelled and used the promo link on the 23rd/24th, any idea if the coupon+guide would even be available to us?

You have a WE on the way?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Man this is selling for twice the price on ebay...so glad I got in while I did with amazon.

I was looking forward to this game ever since it was announced, really loved the idea of a real book coming with it. but then went off it after the DS one seemed lacklustre and childish.

Then recent GAF hype convinced me to preorder and now I cant wait to play it.

zeopower6

Waiting for my Wizard's Edition to come on Tuesday! But if anyone thinks something is fishy about UPS because of something like this and they're also waiting...

">>> Not all tracking information is available at this time. Please try again later."

It's not just you. I'm not really sure what's going on but tracking info isn't available atm.

Eusis

Probably some UPS server maintenance or whatever. I'd worry more if this were prolonged (and you failed to get your game when it should've come). I don't expect any unpleasant surprises though, last I saw it was in Texas, and it'd take the weather being FUBAR for a snow in. Maybe a bad thunderstrom, but I doubt it'd hold it up TOO long.

EDIT: With that said thunderstorms look to be a very real possibility. Hope they shipped it from there today or tomorrow!

When all is said and done, what do you think the future market for sealed Wizard's Editions will be? Say, for example, five years from now?

My guess is that there will still be enough sealed copies floating around out there that, five years removed from the hype/excitement/hysteria, they won't command the $400+ they are going for right now.

zeopower6

My guess is that there will still be enough sealed copies floating around out there that, five years removed from the hype/excitement/hysteria, they won't command the $400+ they are going for right now.

There will likely still be some sealed ones floating around for that price. Sealed NISA LEs can go for several hundred dollars. :( I wonder if the WE is even more limited than some NISA LEs actually...

Eusis

There will likely still be some sealed ones floating around for that price. Sealed NISA LEs can go for several hundred dollars. :( I wonder if the WE is even more limited than some NISA LEs actually...
Undoubtedly. NISA LEs can usually be bought up to a month or so before release, maybe even after (I got both Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori's LEs this way), though that may've been a set amount printed to burn through versus having preorders to figure out how many to make then making that number. That would still make this SEEM more valuable, even if it turned out the Atelier games had half the copies produced or whatever (doubt it given both of those LEs were bought at GameStop stores).

Really? Wow. Maybe I'm overestimating the number of Wizard's Edition owners who will keep their copies sealed.

Replicant

dont be sad, it only has 2 tracks , yes only 2 !!!!
the golden coin was the real deal , not to mention the fancy packaging and colorful art

:/ Anyone want to sell their coin?

someone's selling the box and coin separately on ebay

now my coin flipping dreams can come true

I'm so tempted to search for it but searching for "Ni no Kuni coin" sound kind of sad.

EDIT: Okay I did it but got no result.

Takuya

Banned
So, I tracked my item today, checking its status, and...

The tracking information RESET.. It went back to:
Order Processed: Ready for UPS
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

If some UPS employee stole my package and is hiding his tracks, I'm going to sue these idiots.

Aeana

So, I tracked my item today, checking its status, and...

The tracking information RESET.. It went back to:

If some UPS employee stole my package and is hiding his tracks, I'm going to sue these idiots.
Same thing happened to me, it looks like.
I still had the tracking info from when it was normal in my browser, so I've taken a screenshot. We'll see what happens. It was supposed to be delivered on Monday by end of day, and if it isn't, well!

Same thing happened to me, it looks like.
I still had the tracking info from when it was normal in my browser, so I've taken a screenshot. We'll see what happens. It was supposed to be delivered on Monday by end of day, and if it isn't, well!

Just checked my tracking information, and the same thing has happened to mine. Something on UPS's end, perhaps?

zeopower6

So some people's have reset while others can't even access the tracking? Jeez, lol. Guessing it's server maintenance though.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe it just rebooted or something? Same 'delivery date' as before.

EDIT2: Someone got on the phone with them.

False alarm folks. Just got off the phone with UPS. They're upgrading their system. Tracking info will be back tomorrow. *phew*

Top Bottom