• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata passes 2 million shipments + downloads

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It was good from a story perspective to me but I didn't enjoy the gameplay that much as I did in the other routes.
I personally didn't have issue with it because I did lot of experimenting with the chip system.

Raven117

This is the sequel to a tiny, niche game that reviewed poorly and sold terribly. The fact that it even exists is a miracle. NieR: Automata crossing the 2 million mark is a tremendous accomplishment for them. Yoko Taro, Platinum, and Square Enix must be overjoyed.

Here Here. Congrats for Square Yoko Taro and Plantnium for taking another risk on this game, and congrats to all of the gamers who supported it. We always say we want something "different" yet often fail to follow through with that in terms of sales.

This time, it all worked!

High fives all around to these guys for taking the risks involved and all.

I've only played the demo several times but will be buying the game this winter. This year's been so packed with good shit, it's been hard to find time to play it all :/

Rymuth

That and its probably the weirdest of Yoko Taro's games to get into.

Drakengard 1 fucking goes some crazy places but most of it is near the end of the game.
Its why, despite the jank, it sticks with you...which is nore than I could say for some AA-games at the time back then.

traveler

Not Wario
Man, this and Rabbids are the feel good stories of the year. Well done, everyone involved- from Taro to the team to Squeenix to the consumers.

Jombie

Glad for everyone involved; it's a truly special game. It's a game I think and talk about constantly since release.

Sayad

Speaking of which, I wish that Nier DLC was an easier sell. Love the game to death, but I was not spending money on that lol
Nothing of what I loved about the game is in the DLC, and when it came out it was obvious the game is already a smash hit and doesn't need pity support from me so it was an easy skip, lol.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Heh, it is. Just don't stop playing after Route A or you will have only seen 30% of the actual story. Should be a disclaimer in every Automata thread's OP :D

yeah i've got that knowledge + a short list of 'must play' side quests. don't want to spend more than 30 hours on the game, but i think i can finish everything i want to.

Are you using FAR?

yessir, installed it right after the game and now when my game loads there is some yellow diagnostic text in the top left.

what exactly is it doing lol

Top Bottom