• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

Croash

Gonna wait a bit to play it at work (game dev studio + lunch break = fun times) with colleagues just as excited as me.

Must... Resist...! :p

duckroll

Uh, is there no continue button? I died and went straight to the beginning.

We were strangers,
Starting out on a journey.
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through.
Now here we are,
And I'm suddenly standing,
At the beginning with you.

No one told me I was going to find you,
Unexpected, what you did to my heart.
When I lost hope,
You were there to remind me.
This is the start.

And life is a road that I wanna keep going,
Love is a river I want to keep flowing.
Life is a road, now and forever.
Wonderful journey.
I'll be there when the world stops turning.
I'll be there when the storm is through.
In the end I wanna be standing,
At the beginning with you.

Yeah, don't bother with Very Hard on the demo. It's not really fun to put the player through constant loading screens right now with no continue screen.

Menitta

I'm still working on No Damage Very Hard Jetstream Sam fight. No way I'll start on Very Hard on this lol.

There's really no lock on? Weird.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Damn, good demo.

The mech flyin part before you steal the arm in the last battle was cool visually.

Yeah, going back to the start screen on every death kinda sucks. Fun as hell though.

Yeah, I'd say Hard is my kind of difficulty to start off, just enough to keep me on my toes and learning new things about everything but just lenient for me to soak it all in in all its glory. I still can't believe I'm playing a Nier game with gameplay by Platinum.

raven777

JubilantMassiveFunnelweaverspider.gif

Wvrs

I know absolutely nothing about this game. Never played the first, haven't seen a single trailer or even a screenshot, don't know what the gameplay is about. Nothing.

Got this demo on download, should be interesting...

Not terribly fond of the huge focus on ranged and projectiles.
Like, I get dodging them in some elaborate boss battle, but so many battles are just enemies spawning projectiles in front of them in your direction...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Like, I get dodging them in some elaborate boss battle, but so many battles are just enemies spawning projectiles in front of them in your direction...

sounds like nier to me.

Sealtest

Just finished the demo, this is that Bayonetta fix I needed after Bayonetta 2.
( By fix I mean that smooth Platinum combat system )

Zolbrod

Did you play the first NieR?

The series has strong bullet hell elements.

Gameplay feels and looks good. Using bare-hands to fight was pretty fun too, want to look into the menus more and see if there are more gameplay options I didn't see. I need to play it more tomorrow to see if there's more to combat, but the moveset definitely seems really limited in the demo. Hoping you can unlock alternate attack strings in the full game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wasn't terribly fond of nier's combat so I never really got to where that's really the case, as early game didn't really have that.

yeah, nier relies heavily on bullet hell spams from enemies, its the "unique featureTM"

Top Bottom