• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Am i missing something?
Theres 4 reviews why is everyone celebrating?
I hope it retains this score but comparisons to the previous games are a bit premature doncha think?

I told the guys in the OT to wait until all the major reviews started dropping but someone got impatient *shrug* We'll see how it goes, but i am optimistic in my expectations

kennyamr

Even if with time the average metacritic score go lower, this is one of my most anticipated games of the year.

What a year this is! 2017!

Glad to see the first scores showing up having mostly a very positive reaction to it.

I have it preordered and I can't wait to play it.

Congrats to Square Enix and Platinum for this great achievement.

Fucking yes. 2017 is fucking insane. I can't think of a better year for gaming, it's already insane, and there's Persona 5, RDR2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and so much more I can't wait for.

This is a new golden age.

Aeana

The game is absolutely incredible. Everyone I know who played and finished it is now in a slump because games don't even seem to be trying in comparison. It's been a long time since I connected with a game nearly as much.

Inuhanyou

For those people expecting the wall of 9s to continue...

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT-

Aldric

Glad this seems to be good. l'm going to be very busy with this game once l'm done with Zelda... in 6 months.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
To be fair to Yoko, apparently (and this is from his 4-part Famitsu column) he got onto Drakengard 3 relatively late on, so he couldn't do as much structurally and mechanically as he'd normally like to.

Those pieces (Rekka translated them in the articles section on Nier2.com) are really good for getting an insight into Yoko's thought process, which is far smarter and less obtuse than you might think. For example he goes into a little more detail into his reasoning for the rock-hard rhythm fights that climax Drakengard 1 & 3, and how they tie into his overall approach to killing in games.

The game is absolutely incredible. Everyone I know who played and finished it is now in a slump because games don't even seem to be trying in comparison. It's been a long time since I connected with a game nearly as much.

Sounds great. Can't wait to play this during a more slow part of 2017... well shit.

Maan I played the demo a couple weeks ago as a Nier newbie and was very impressed, and thus interested!

Between this, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Persona 5, GR2 and Mass Effect I'm genuinely fucked for time and money.

killatopak

Gold Member
And everyone forgets dad of war

damn.

66480306.jpg

le.phat

is there a chance Nier and Nioh will eventually come out on xbox?

I hope they do, and if they sell well it is unlikely they will miss out on these games in the future

Nier is platinum, and Nioh is sony published. There's no chance that these game will make their way to the xbox for the forseeable future.

Natels

What a start for 2017. Still have Nioh to finish, Horizon is amazing and this comes out.

And Rocket League is life.

Whew.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

WOW!!!! High praise.

NHale

First Zelda, now this (not surprised after playing the demo)? Everyone in the gaming industry should calm down a bit. I can't keep up with this.

And next week is also Disc Jam launch. This is too stressing!

Inuhanyou

WOW!!!! High praise.

Most people i've heard so far have come to the same conclusion myself included, but you never know how official reviewers will take these types of things. And that affects major public opinion too.

Zhao_Yun

Sounds great. Can't wait to play it \o/

Kalentan

I wasn't thinking about it before but with the high praise and watching those interesting Drakengard and Neir analysis videos I may have to finally jump into the series with this.

Orpheum

nah man...this is enough. I can't afford this and i don't have the time...it feels like i've just scratched the surface of Horizon with around 10 hours played, this will have to wait... for the sake of my wallet and free time. 2017, holy shit

Toni

Jesus almighty, the PS4 library is looking exquisite as fuck now.

Gravity Rush, Horizon, Nioh, Nier scoring AAA back to back is a first for a console maker.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
WOW!!!! High praise.
This is my first Taro game, and yeah; that post is only barely hyperbole. The game is a gem. I mean, I'm only about to C the rest of the game, but if it makes good on some of the promises it's made the momentum it's built? Yeah. Really good.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Most people i've heard so far have come to the same conclusion myself included, but you never know how official reviewers will take these types of things. And that affects major public opinion too.
I expect + 90 both Bayonetta games got that and even rising with it's really short development time got surprisingly close. Platinum very much a Critical darling in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom