• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 3rd Party Publisher Games (2014.7.11)

L~A

Edit: presentation is now over. You can find it there

Here's a summary by NintendoEverything...

Final Fantasy Explorers

Plenty of gameplay footage shown, starring Final Fantasy III summon Ifrit
The game will feature up to 4 player online co-op
Coming to Japan this winter

Tales of the World: Reve Unitia

Re-confirmed October 23rd release date
Fresh gameplay footage shown

Dragon Quest X

Plenty of new 3DS footage shown, focusing the online interactions with other players
Game will be running on a cloud server so 3DS doesn’t have to do much of the processing power
A slot mini-game was also briefly shown off
Coming September 4th for 3 800 yen

Kinki no Magna (Forbidden Magna)

A new SRPG from the developer that made Rune Factory 4
You form tight bonds with your spiritual companions and they gain special attacks
Street pass is a bit part of the game, allows for the ability to unlock stuff in your garden / aids in battle
Coming October 2nd. A sleep mask and CD will be included in a special edition

Kenka Bancho

A Kenka Bancho title was briefly teased during the direct but no further information has been given about the game

Monster Hunter 4G / Ultimate

Coming October 11th
Game will be playable tomorrow in Akihabara
More footage of the game will be on Niconico following the Direct

www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140711/index.html

3DS only, 3rd-party only, and Japan-only (for now?). Will be live at 8PM JST on July 11.

Time :

Europe : 1PM
UK : 12PM
USA (East Coast) : 7AM
USA (West Coast) : 4AM
Japan : 8PM

t1405076400z0.png

Heyt

Banned
Fantastic, after being completely ignored at E3, 3DS needs new announcements fast. I hope they announce it as global direct soon... or at least they announce localizations of he new games in a timely fashion.

Excited about the chance of being able to see Final Fantasy Explorers in action!

zeromcd73

More information on Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers please and of course DQXI!

Also since Youkai Watch 2 was released today Level 5 should be announcing Youkai Watch 3 any moment now!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers footage plz.

I guess Iwata wont be present ?

JoeM86

Didn't read 3DS at first, and was surprised, then I read 3DS and thought "Oh yeah, that is obvious :p"

Looking forward to it

I wonder if they'll focus on new announcements or on upcoming software. 3DS sales are faltering a bit in Japan, so they kind of need to work on both.

More information on Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers please and of course DQXI!

Also since Youkai Watch 2 was released today Level 5 should be announcing Youkai Watch 3 any moment now!
I was going to make the same cynical joke. Youkai Watch 3 announced and split into two versions.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Cool!

But I hooe the next general ww Direct won't make us wait too much.

Still, I think we'll get a Zelda Musou Direct first, and that should be WW.

casiopao

Fantastic, after being completely ignored at E3, 3DS needs new announcements fast. I hope they announce it as global direct soon... or at least they announce localizations of he new games in a timely fashion.

Excited about the chance of being able to see Final Fantasy Explorers in action!

Ummm.... Treehouse itself atleast announced 4 new games though.

Steam?
Fantasy Life
Persona Q
And Curtain Call.

And maybe other title too here.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Interesting. We haven't had a non-specific Direct for some time.

Mpl90

Just noticed. Look at Nintendo's official page.

It's red and black. So much black. I think the only other time there has been a black background has been with the E3 2013 Direct, right?

jts

...hate me...
Just noticed. Look at Nintendo's official page.

It's red and black. So much black. I think the only other time there has been a black background has been with the E3 2013 Direct, right?

Black because the future is dark, and red because they're in the red?

I GET IT NOW... THE 3RD PARTY IS NINTENDO.

Mpl90

Heck, DQX could get a first look as well.

...How much stuff do they have? It's a lot :lol

Probably, this is when we'll know MH4U's release date.

Tenki

Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Etrian Odyssey 2 remake, the new Ace Attorney...

I don't know what more to expect.

Black because the future is dark, and red because they're in the red?

I GET IT NOW... THE 3RD PARTY IS NINTENDO.
LOL

Heyt

Banned
Ummm.... Treehouse itself atleast announced 4 new games though.

Steam?
Fantasy Life
Persona Q
And Curtain Call.

And maybe other title too here.

Curtain call was announced before E3. Localizations are allways welcome but actually new game announcements... that was just Steam.

Regardless, 3DS presence wasn't that big at E3 and 2015 seems pretty empty so announcements are really needed, specially knowing that this console is the main source of revenue for the company.

pronk420

is it specifically described as Japan only, or has only been announced for Japan so far?

I wonder if this will have something to do with the 8.0 update :O

Gambit

Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, DQX and DQ XI (...) and Revelaitons 2, pls.

Also, handheld versions of mobile titles like Sakaguchi's latest.

Jofamo

Japanese 3DS users just yesterday received a Mii Plaza Streetpass Puzzle update, which was a Megaman puzzle panel (very unusual, first third party panel?).

New Megaman 3DS came co developed/funded by Nintendo incoming? Would help with Smash Broa visibility too.

Japanese 3DS users just yesterday received a Mii Plaza Streetpass Puzzle update, which was a Megaman puzzle panel (very unusual, first third party panel?).

New Megaman 3DS came co developed/funded by Nintendo incoming? Would help with Smash Broa visibility too.

MH4 puzzle panel is the first.

casiopao

Hmmm from the thing I can remember here,

Tales 3DS(can't remember the name)
Bravely Second
Forbidden Magna???(Rune Factory creator)
Mon Hun 4G
Senran Kagura Shinku
FF explorers
Etrian 2 remake
Daigyakuten Saiban

Anything else gaffers?

zeromcd73

7rf5z.jpg

Top Bottom