• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Account" (Nintendo's account system) announced. Cloud based saves

ohlawd

cloud saves? fuck yes all I need

I'm not sure how big save files get on Wii U and 3DS but I hope the limit scales to how much you have like MS

dolabla

They will, but last time the guy made me list off what games I owned. I did 4, all were right. But there was one I couldn't remember so he said since I didn't have a huge purchase history, he wasn't going to be able to do it. Thankfully, I guessed Pikmin (forgot that I got it free). I had verified the card used to purchase the games as well. I was pretty annoyed to say the least, took me a few to remember.

Luckily for me, I still had the 3DS I was selling, so I was able to provide a serial number.

I was actually doing a system transfer from a N3DS XL back to an old 3DS and was gonna lose all my games since they made it where you can't transfer back to an old 3DS. They asked me some questions, and for the credit card I used, etc.

It was just too much hassle.

Nintendo is finally joining the 21st century?

LOL is this some sort of cruel joke?

I was right about Iwata holding Nintendo back.

Fuck I hope that Nintendo Account works on oldr systems that still have account services.

Phamit

Fuck I hope that Nintendo Account works on oldr systems that still have account services.

You know that Iwata Said this is coming, when Nintendo and DeNa announced their partnership in march

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cloud saves? I guess I'll start keeping an eye on Wii U eShop sales.

Trago

This account system is also coming to the 3DS and Wii U right? Maybe it's too late for them to implement cross buy between the two universally.

iBlue

This already happened with NNID. If you have an NNID attached to your 3DS, all of your purchases are tied to an account.

Do you think we are gonna have to start from 0? or all my purchases that i made with my NNID on wii/3ds will carry on to this new program? also, region change? lol

Kodaman

Nintendo and clouds... never forget...

taErRlJ.png

Pokemaniac

Do you think we are gonna have to start from 0? or all my purchases that i made with my NNID on wii/3ds will carry on to this new program? also, region change? lol

It's somewhat unclear what the exact relationship between Nintendo Accounts and NNIDs will be. We know that you can register a Nintendo Account with an NNID, but it isn't clear if this will replace NNID or coexist with it.

Pokemaniac

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/04.html said:
Specifically, for our new account, you can log in with your Facebook, Google or Twitter account. Alternatively, you can log in with a combination of your email address and your password. Of course, you can continue using your Nintendo Network ID as well.

This is how they phrased things in the official English slides. It's still a little vague, but the phrasing seems to imply that NNIDs will be automatically upgraded to Nintendo Accounts.

Drelkag

Banned

This was already planned, and something this big can't come up in the few months he's been gone anyways.

Damn that is a boring ass name. Not that it matters really, but it looks sterile next to Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus. How do you put an attractive campaign together for that lol

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like this. I'd rather have more account support than see a bunch of Mii's rejoicing about their games. I'd like my own personal account outside of the Mii's in general.

ffdgh

Damn that is a boring ass name. Not that it matters really, but it looks sterile next to Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus. How do you put an attractive campaign together for that lol

It's likey so boring/generic to avoid any possible confusion as to what it is.

Piercator

Banned
I have both, Wii U and 3DS, but I don't know why I'm not getting hype about this. I was really hoping for an innovation thing here.
As we know so far, the cloud system has the same thing that every other and the Nintendo account in club Nintendo seems to be the same thing that we had...

Top Bottom