• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : buy Mario Kart 8 on the eShop or retail, get a free game

So if you get MK8 and, say, Pikmin 3 for free, does that get you 1200 DDP points, with $10 to cash in right away? Criminy, this deal keeps getting better.

Yep, at least that's how it's worked for every other digital download code I've gotten from Nintendo so I don't think it would be any different for this promotion.

Mario Kart 8, now with free Pikmin 3. This is like second Christmas!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Now the wait is killing me even more!!

Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U for the kids, but I think I will be selfish here. How much is Wii Party U on the NA eshop, I thought it was not available digitally?

jmizzal

I'm another guy who already has all four games in North America. I have no idea about how to go about selling a code, but then I guess a lot of people will be selling them next month.

If you have paypal, use the buy sell trade gaf thread, and find somebody who wants a game, let them pick the game, and i'm sure Nintendo will just email the code to you, and once the person pays you, you then send them the code in a PM

jts

...hate me...
EU here.

What to get when I already have WW (digital), Pikmin 3 (digital), W101 (digital), NSMBW (disk), NintendoLand (disk).

I'm thinking Wii U Party vs Game & Wario vs upgrading NSMBW or NintendoLand to digital (and selling the physical copy).

Quick question: if I upgrade NSMBW to digital, do I seamlessly keep my save and Luigi DLC?

Man, if only they offered up Lego City :(

Bought Wii Party U and Pikmin 3 last Boxing Day, still haven't touched Pikmin. :(

Will get WindWaker I guess. Would have prefered Game & Wario or W101.

Jigolo

What are the game sizes? This is crucial for peasent 8gb owners :(

Just need Pikman 3 since I already have nsmbu and WW?

EU here.

What to get when I already have WW (digital), Pikmin 3 (digital), W101 (digital), NSMBW (disk), NintendoLand (disk).

I'm thinking Wii U Party vs Game & Wario vs upgrading NSMBW or NintendoLand to digital (and selling the physical copy).

Quick question: if I upgrade NSMBW to digital, do I seamlessly keep my save and Luigi DLC?

Man, if only they offered up Lego City :(

I heard similar questions for Nintendo Land and other games before and if I remember correctly you keep your saves.

cacildo

Bought Wii Party U and Pikmin 3 last Boxing Day, still haven't touched Pikmin. :(

Will get WindWaker I guess. Would have prefered Game & Wario or W101.

Ah, i would get Wind Waker even if W101 was in that deal....

I have game and wario, its a game i like a lot. But i can see Wind Waker is worth a lot more than G&W

Brizzo24

If you buy the game at retail or on the eShop, and register it on Club Nintendo, you can get a free game from the eShop! Bundle and LE copies included! Both Europe and NA confirmed too!

Games for NA :

- Pikmin 3
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Wii Party U

vv49C.gif

I don't own any of these. So the question becomes, which one do I get?

I'm a sucker for Mario, but I already own 3D World. My buddy also has the game and is going to let me borrow it. I also played through and beat WW for the first time a few months ago (Gamecube via the Wii). And, Wii Party U isn't my cup of tea bc my wife doesn't play games with me, and at 32 years old my friends aren't gonna come over for a Wii party. Maybe Pikmin 3 then?!

deleted

I heard similar questions for Nintendo Land and other games before and if I remember correctly you keep your saves.

I can only talk for myself, but it doesn't even keep the save when you download again. I forgot to bring my HDD, downloaded again to the internal space and had to start again. As soon as I got back home and put the hdd back on, the save was back.

I don't know how it works with disc/download though.

That's incredible! Those are some great games to give away for free too, holy cow. I was already sold on Mario Kart but now I get another game for free!

This, plus the Pokemon giveaway last month - Nintendo's keeping it classy.

javac

I have all of those apart from Wario Ware, Wii U Party, MH3U and Mario and Sonic. All of those are lame. Why do I even buy games for anymore?
lol

Might get Zelda and sell the code.

atr0cious

vv49C.gif

I don't own any of these. So the question becomes, which one do I get?

I'm a sucker for Mario, but I already own 3D World. My buddy also has the game and is going to let me borrow it. I also played through and beat WW for the first time a few months ago (Gamecube via the Wii). And, Wii Party U isn't my cup of tea bc my wife doesn't play games with me, and at 32 years old my friends aren't gonna come over for a Wii party. Maybe Pikmin 3 then?!

Pikmin 3 was my personal runner-up for GotY last year, behind Wonderful 101 of course. I never played the first two, so it was pretty overwhelming at first, and still is at points. But the game design is masterclass. And it was the first game to flash a little of the Wii U's secret sauce. And your wife will adore it, and probably be better at it than you, if my experience is to go by. The co-op missions are where you can get your revenge though. And they even have free DLC waiting for you.

Be sure to grab wiimote+ and nunchuks if you haven't already, as it's the superior 'experience.' Nintendo is selling sets for $20, but the store is down for maintenance until the 9th.

A bit disappointed I won't get a full game free with my JPN Wii U but I guess if I rush I could play and finish both Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 in a month's time, but I really would've liked to be able to take my time instead.
Oh well, at least it's something they weren't obligated to offer so I can't complain much I guess.

zroid

Banned
I had totally forgotten you get DD points for redeeming codes. This is awesome. Free game + free $5 credit? Hell yes.

illadelph

Is Wii Party any good?

Out of the NA games, I already have Zelda and Pikmin, and I'd rather have a physical copy of Mario...I could use a good multiplayer game

Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U for the kids, but I think I will be selfish here. How much is Wii Party U on the NA eshop, I thought it was not available digitally?

My daughter is 4 and she loves Pikmin. She's not great at the main mode, but she loves the time trials (weird right?) since it's basically a sand box for getting and playing with the pikmin.

What I'm saying is, get Pikmin 3.

jts

...hate me...

topplehat

Kind of wish NoA got NoE's game list, but I'm happy with getting Pikmin 3 for the price of a game I was going to buy on Day 1 anyways.

Us selection is so much smaller.

Yea, I own all of the games in the US selection :( NoA really needs to get on the ball and take a queue from NoE. No MK8 Limited Edition (as usual) and only 4 titles to choose from instead of 10.

Oh well, since I collect I'd prefer the physical copy so I can always sell the code and pick up one of the titles I haven't picked up yet.

Raw64life

I'd imagine even the retail version comes with a code for a free game that's digital only, in which case I'll be giving mine away.

Nice gesture. I don't want Wii Party or Zelda, and Pikmin 3 was bought day zero. Looks like I'm finally getting NSMBU. I'll just wait a few years until the NSMB formula might feel fresh again and then power up the game.

joeposh

I hope this promotion is also for NA as well. While I'll keep my physical preorder of the game, getting Mario Kart 8 digitally along with a free copy of Pikmin 3 sounds very tempting.

EDIT: Okay, seen the Mario Kart 8 NA direct. Register Mario Kart 8 at Club Nintendo between May 30th and July 31st and receive a free digital download code of the following:

- Pikmin 3
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Wii Party U

Man, they're going all out to ensure this is a successful launch. I'm really glad they didn't exclude existing owners by limiting this to bundle/new console purchases.

Pikmin 3 shall be mine!

Nyoro SF

It's a nice move, but I already own NSMBU and Wind Waker HD... I don't really have an interest in the other two games. It's a real shame the selection is so limited.

noobasuar

Banned
It's a nice move, but I already own NSMBU and Wind Waker HD... I don't really have an interest in the other two games. It's a real shame the selection is so limited.

Dude get Pikmin 3. It's one of the best games of the past few years. Everyone needs to play it!!! You will not be disappointed.

Mupod

Oh crap. Now I need to decide if I want WW or Pikmin...probably Pikmin, since I never finished WW the first time I bought it.

Top Bottom