• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Customer Services have let me down

Chopper

Yeah, you are right to expect a decent level of support from Nintendo. This really sucks.
Any support would be great. Instead they are just fighting me every step of the way.

And quoting for new page:
Me said:
Awesome update: I found an actual phone number for the office in Windsor! I spoke to the receptionist:

"Hi there, could I speak to Shelly please?"

"Sure, I'll see if I can get hold of her. Who's speaking please?"

"My name is [Chopper]. she should be expecting my call."

"Okay, great. One moment please"

*One minute on hold*

"Hi, sorry, Mr [Chopper], I'm not getting a response form her or any of the marketing team. They might well be in a meeting."

"Oh, okay. If I try later, will I have better luck?"

"Yes, probably. She's in the office all day as far as I'm aware."

"Okay, great. Thankyou. Goodbye."

That was yesterday. I ran out of time (at work) to call back, but I'll try again on Monday.

I'm in.

Chopper

I apologise for the shameless bump, but I felt compelled to read through this thread earlier today and realised I left those who have contributed and subscribed in the lurch. I know it was a long time ago, but it does still play on my mind sometimes, so allow me to rant a little bit and provide some closure.

Ultimately... I gave up. The whole ordeal was exhausting.

My last posts in this thread were optimistic, as I had found a direct contact number for the Nintendo UK offices where the directors I was in correspondance with are based. If I could just talk with one of them, and make them directly address my issues without the opportunity for them to fob me off with shitty excuses or flat-out ignorance. I was confident this would work, and I even downloaded an app that would allow me to record our conversation, for prosperity's sake. I was very excited.

Four times I called. And each time I was put on hold, and then informed that Shelly Pearce was in a meeting. Four times. Perhaps I was being absurd. Would a director at Nintendo UK be willing to speak to a lowly member of the public like me? Well, perhaps not. But I was certainly going to try, and after our correspondance there was no way she didn't at least know who the guy on the end of the phone was. But after four attempts it was clear I was being fucked off. So my emails and letters continued to be ignored by the general manager and director of public relations at Nintendo UK.

Long story short, these guys absolutely refused to accept that I had a faulty unit despite every reasonable point I raised and no matter how many times I quoted EU legislation and their own company mantras at them. I was just an irritating fly buzzing around their heads, not a loyal customer who deserved the benefit of the doubt. And no, I'm not interested in your "deluxe" goody bag. That's not what I wanted.

I wasn't making it up when I told them that this issue would cost them more than the monetary value in question. I am no longer the Nintendo customer I once was, though admittedly Nintendo are a hard drug to quit. Since this incident, the only Nintendo game I have really played is Animal Crossing New Leaf, which I am very pleased to say I received for free. Admittedly, my missus boughht me a Wii U, but I've barely played it, honest! And I'll pobably get Smash Brothers. But my point stands! These guys ruined Nintendo for me. My gaming priorites lie elsewhere, for the first time in my life.

Nintendo UK are a waste of office space. I'm genuinely not sure what they do. They outsource all their customer services, do an appalling job of promoting their products here, and are home to some of the most laughable "PR" in the business. Though I suppose the work experience kid who copies and pastes all of Nintendo of Europe's tweets is doing okay.

I like to think I've been nicely composed throughout this ordeal, reasoning well, not "raising my voice", or being rude in any way. Well, I would like to close this off by saying: Nintendo UK, thanks for nothing and fuck you.

HF2014

I think you are one of these rare case where you received not the proper customer service. If Nintendo CS is at 99.9%, you are probably that 0.1%.Not blaming you, maybe just bad bad luck. I never got problem with nintendo cs. I bought a used Wii U long time ago, told them i dont have a sensor, there was a problem with my order to buy it ( my credit card was frozen for some reason ), and they gently sent me a wii sensor for free. Im a good customer to them it seem.

Hope you can get that fixed, or maybe try to find a way to make them understand you a bit better i dont know.

Rich!

I think you are one of these rare case where you received not the proper customer service. If Nintendo CS is at 99.9%, you are probably that 0.1%.Not blaming you, maybe just bad bad luck. I never got problem with nintendo cs. I bought a used Wii U long time ago, told them i dont have a sensor, there was a problem with my order to buy it ( my credit card was frozen for some reason ), and they gently sent me a wii sensor for free. Im a good customer to them it seem.

Hope you can get that fixed, or maybe try to find a way to make them understand you a bit better i dont know.

I had appalling service from Nintendo UK too. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

samn

Well, this convinced me not to replace my 3DS XL with the 'new' one. Fuck bad service.

Write to trading standards (or whoever the body is here in the UK, can't remember) and cc in Nintendo.

Have you tried going back to the retailer? You say that you're in the UK so the Sale of Goods Act should help you as it provides that goods should be of satisfactory quality. I'd say that it's pretty unsatisfactory to have your slider snap off after only a few months.

Chopper

Thanks guys. But it was quite a long time ago, and it's too late to do anything about it now. The thought of spending any more time trying to deal with this is a little soul-destroying. Nintendo UK taught me a sad but valuable lesson. But at least it's saved me a boat-load of cash!

Rich!

Thanks guys. But it was quite a long time ago, and it's too late to do anything about it now. The thought of spending any more time trying to deal with this is a little soul-destroying. Nintendo UK taught me a sad but valuable lesson. But at least it's saved me a boat-load of cash!

Have you sent them the link to this thread? That may help.

Chopper

Have you sent them the link to this thread? That may help.
Yup. I tweeted it countless times to every branch of Nintendo I could find, sent it to various news outlets etc. No effect. And the fact that it has had 35,000-odd views doesn't seem to make any difference to them. No shits were given.

Pociask

Yup. I tweeted it countless times to every branch of Nintendo I could find, sent it to various news outlets etc. No effect. And the fact that it has had 35,000-odd views doesn't seem to make any difference to them. No shits were given.

Thanks for giving the conclusion, even if it sucks :( I am really surprised Nintendo didn't make it right, in an age where social media can absolutely destroy companies that don't take care of customers. Just sad.

One thought about this. When a car is damaged by a third you can claim for repairs off insurance with no premium. Could the same be true for electronics? Like say I had put a repair in during warranty and unjustly billed, would you be able to put a claim in without it affecting the premiums (like what happens when someone drives into you). I'm not advocating buying those useless PC world extended warranties or anything like that but if a home insurance covered damaged in the home kind of thing...

While some say bad social media may destroy companies but given nobody wanted to report on this story it couldn't really get much momentum beyond a GAF thread. I guess it is lol games journalism :(

Looking back at this thread does remind us how times have changed if only a little:
..nor use up another of my 5 transfers...
Who would think 6 months later unlimited transfers were to become a thing. But at the time doing transfer to old, exchange new for new2 transfer old to new2 would use up 40% of the transfer limit...

Though I suppose the work experience kid who copies and pastes all of Nintendo of Europe's tweets is doing okay.
I remember one time seeing a tweet along the lines of "I might as well put this here *image of Nintendo world store mug*". It was deleted shortly after. This makes me worry what happened to them.

Eh, maybe there's been some turn over in the last two years since this thread started, and now someone is there who will see this and actually give a shit?

Chopper

I remember one time seeing a tweet along the lines of "I might as well put this here *image of Nintendo world store mug*". It was deleted shortly after. This makes me worry what happened to them.
LOL! Oh shit. What do you suppose the UK equivalent of Nintendo ninjas might be? Hoodies? I guess the Nintendo hoodies got them. :/

Eh, maybe there's been some turn over in the last two years since this thread started, and now someone is there who will see this and actually give a shit?
It's a nice thought, but it's too late now.

Skyzard

Banned
Ain't no customer service worth a damn but Amazons.

Still waiting on my corsair partial refund for the new 780ti they destroyed months back.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties OP, companies ey.

Top Bottom