• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

Mario Maker Construction Kit. You make levels but need to buy the game on Wii U in order to play them.

Wishful thinking, lol. I want to be able to work on levels on my lunch break.

I dont think it will be Mario-related. Pikmin or Star Fox maybe something Metroid related.
Or just Farmville: Mushoroom Kingdom :D

Roo

When do you think we're gonna have the megatons and the actual game available? This month? This week? So intrigued to see what the hell Nintendo is been doing all this time for mobile.

Annoucement later this month for a November release alongside their new loyalty program

Escalario

Banned
Mario Maker Construction Kit. You make levels but need to buy the game on Wii U in order to play them.

Wishful thinking, lol. I want to be able to work on levels on my lunch break.

I don't see that possible unless they lock almost every element behind a paywall. In the end, Nintendo entered the mobile games market to have a new revenue stream.

Scum

When do you think we're gonna have the megatons and the actual game available? This month? This week? So intrigued to see what the hell Nintendo is been doing all this time for mobile.
There's an Investor's Meeting on the 28th of October, so I expect news around that time.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Sakamoto is not working on the mobile games tho.

Under the restructure - all software groups are potential mobile or dedicated gaming machine developers. It really will be random as to what and when iterations of IPs show up. Rhythm Tengoku or WarioWare could absolutely show up on mobile.

Again - the only thing Nintendo has mentioned is that Hideki Konno's Production Group No. 1 is the first team that had a product headed for mobile. It's highly likely that it's Nintendogs (and something else?).

My first thought, too.

tumblr_nempunJ3hK1tw0wv9o1_250.gif

I expect some big-ish news from the investor meeting (new account system, QoL, licensing), but they haven't used those as a venue for game announcements in quite a while now, IIRC.

Under the restructure - all software groups are potential mobile or dedicated gaming machine developers. It really will be random as to what and when iterations of IPs show up. Rhythm Tengoku or WarioWare could absolutely show up on mobile.

Again - the only thing Nintendo has mentioned is that Hideki Konno's Production Group No. 1 is the first team that had a product headed for mobile. It's highly likely that it's Nintendogs (and something else?).
What other recent games is this group responsible for?

AdanVC

I don't think this is an investor's meeting thing. If it's about to be released, it's a Nintendo Direct or some other big publicity push.

They could make it big by doing a special Nintendo Direct dedicated to explain their plans on mobile and their new Club thing program now that Club Nintendo is no more. Or they could just casually throw a random tweet like: "Hey here's our first game on mobile, releases tomorrow on iOS and Android. Buy a Wii U" like it's nothing important. I predict the latter.

Top Bottom