• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

Guevara

I expect a smartphone game, basically, with all the trappings: in-game currency, micro-transactions, social hooks, twitchy tapping game play and short levels.

So the "unexpected" would a meaty, single-player adventure that will suck me in for 10+ hours. Surely it must be that.

Nanashrew

Banned
Samus Love Live rythm game.

But honestly, I think they will just start sharing different Nintendo franchises every day.

47f.gif

Should happen regardless of platform.

HUELEN10

Watch Mona get her own game...

On mobile.

With ads.

If that were to happen, I might have to ask for a voluntary weeklong ban because I don't know if could even deal. On the other hand, I want to have faith in Nintendo. I'm just a little worried you know, the Only Nintendo I've ever known and loved, is literally dead, and I miss him dearly.

Vena

It doesn't seem that far fetched that he would. Hope he didn't actually work on the app itself because posting about it like this seems like it would be a career limiting move.

I don't think so, he may have been a consultant though. He seems to be keenly aware of the product and his speech is passive to positive.

The lack of *bad leaks* is always a good sign too. I'm expecting this within the week, and a Direct + new account infrastructure/backend within the month.

DangerMan

Banned
WarioWare is one of their few franchises that could make the jump to mobile without being destroyed. MarioKart could too actually as could the majority of their turn based games.

New Super Mario Bros. Endless Runner
WarioWare Mega Mobile Micro Games
Pokemon (GO and really any main series Pokemon games would also work fine)
Nintendogs
Mario Kart Mobile

Are probably want I'd want.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Late To The Thread - who is Serkan Toto?

He is the CEO of Tokyo-based game industry consultancy Kantan Games.

He covers a lot of Nintendo news and usually translates news from Japan for English speaking audiences.

It's clear that he also has contacts within the industry and therefore knows a reveal will come soon.

Draxal

He covers a lot of Nintendo news and usually translates news from Japan for English speaking audiences.

It's clear that he also has contacts within the industry and therefore knows a reveal will come soon.

He also was the first to really give the details of Kimishima's presidency.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

On mobile.

With ads.

If that were to happen, I might have to ask for a voluntary weeklong ban because I don't know if could even deal. On the other hand, I want to have faith in Nintendo. I'm just a little worried you know, the Only Nintendo I've ever known and loved, is literally dead, and I miss him dearly.
Well that's what you get for loving a business. Seriously I love my hobby and Nintendo has been a big part of it but I'm never going to be emotionally attached to what is essentially a PLC beholden to its shareholders.

Life and business moves on, if Nintendo manages to actually make a go of mobile properly and in a sustainable manner, it'll keep them going long after dedicated gaming devices are long obsolete.

ZhugeEX

Banned
He also was the first to really give the details of Kimishima's presidency.

Well he was just translating articles from Nikkei for for English speaking market. See second line of the post you quoted.

He did not know about the decision before anyone else.

Who

Banned
It will most certainly involve Miis and a Streetpass-like function..

..or if their going in a different direction, maybe a Punch Out..

Draxal

Well he was just translating articles from Nikkei for for English speaking market. See second line of the post you quoted.

He did not know about the decision before anyone else.

Well, I meant in the context ... that's how everybody knows of him already on Neogaf.

Ninja Dom

Just from his Twitter feed, he seems to be a consultant in the game industry who lives in Japan and really likes Nintendo.

Ah I see, thanks.

Lumyst

Hmm, unexpected as in which franchise it'll be? Or maybe it'll be something that is done through an unexpected collaboration, like maybe having a degree of integration with stuff like Facebook? I've got an Android tablet finally so I'll be sure to check it out and hope to see the beginnings of a more improved, connected Nintendo gaming experience.

On mobile.

With ads.

Sakamoto is not working on the mobile games tho.

watershed

Banned
Eventually I think Nintendo will make a WarioWare game for mobile just because the entire IP translates so well to the medium.

Muzy72

Banned

On mobile.

With ads.

I miss Iwata too, but in all fairness this mobile deal was done under Iwata's leaderships.

AdanVC

When do you think we're gonna have the megatons and the actual game available? This month? This week? So intrigued to see what the hell Nintendo is been doing all this time for mobile.

A proper Rhythm Heaven would work really well on mobile. Tap/hold/flick are the only inputs required.

Do like, first two songs are free, then you can pick and choose them for like $2 a pop.

Mario Maker Construction Kit. You make levels but need to buy the game on Wii U in order to play them.

Wishful thinking, lol. I want to be able to work on levels on my lunch break.

Top Bottom