• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2013.10.1 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

I did not like the Bravery Default segment. The artbook pre-order bonus (at participating retailers, i.e. GAME) was nice to nice to mention but no info on the limited edition apart from it exists was just why would you do that, retailers would like to know too. I need to pre-order the game soon (I have a feeling a 10% off GAME code will do the rounds so using on ALBW and BD) so it would be nice to know what is in the LE and if I would prefer that over the regular copy.

Ace Attorney demo is 30 uses here in Europe. If only I could swap that with EO4...(3 uses here in Europe thanks to NISA Europe). Also UK game costs £19,99 which is nice to see (it should be more like £22.49)

Nintendo Direct killed GAF heh
But it waited right for the direct to end to do so.

Now before I start complaining, just to make sure: no SMT4 release date, right?
Scribblenauts was the only third party game in the EU direct.

Chaos17

Oh god so many release, my wallet is going to be robed by the end of the year with :
- Zelda
- Phoenix Wright
- Bravery default

I sould not be temped by the Wii U, I shoud not... *fall in tempatation*

So wait, nothing about firmware updates? I was hoping to hear about:

-3DS firmware update
-Whether last night's Wii U update was "the big one" and whether we will get another one sooner than next spring or summer
-Gamepad battery accessory

Anyone able to get into the Press Site and either link me to the ZIP file with the assets or upload the ZIP file via Mediafire? I'd really appreciate it. :)

The new trailers and info were nice, but it's strange that they didn't even mention the update from last night. Overall, though, I'm okay with it. A bit too long with Pikmin 3, though.

epmode

Nothing on Dragon Quest 7, sighhhhh.

And I guess those rumored Nintendo account changes were just rumors. Sighhhhhx2

Frodo

Hype was totally justified, in my opinion!

SM3DW felt like getting a new reveal, and we also got a new Kirby, and the non-linear Zelda!

:D

UNCMark

Banned
I loved the Wii Party footage. A bunch of games where you place the gamepad on the ground in front of 4 people. What could possibly go wrong?

*cracks knuckles* "...and now to write an article about why that was the worst thing to ever grace my computer screen." - how i feel most people react to a Nintendo Direct ending.

Javier

Loved the new stuff SM3DW (Game looks stunning) and Zelda:LBW (Dungeons in whatever order, yay!). Sonic in Smash was cool and most stuff looked great. Sad about the DKCTF delay but I'll survive.

The Kirby 3DS reveal didn't do much for me, honestly.

Morokh

The nintendo UK direct video on Youtube starts with a PEGI16 logo in my mind I was all 'Great some Bayonetta news !' .... after watching it ... I don't understant why ... xD

Porcile

They could've softened the blow of DK with a new trailer. Otherwise, it was a decent enough Direct. Mario looks great.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I heard something about Kid Icarus, MarioKart 7, and 3D Land receiving additional content later this year? What's that about? Can someone confirm?

As someone who doesn't own a WiiU, that Direct did nothing to make me want to buy one. The Mario game looks good, and I'd buy it if I had a WiiU. But I'm not paying $300 to play it.

The Kirby game...come on. My problem is that every single one of these first-party games has the same art style, the same color palette, the same musical "sound"... It just looks like the same people are making all these games. There is no visual variety. I've been playing video games for 30 years and I am so sick of seeing these same characters.

Mario, Smash Brothers, Animal Crossing, WiiU Party - they all look to me like the SAME GAME. I'm not talking mechanically, I'm talking visually.

So happy Bravely Default is releasing december 6th and that they're shipping an artbook with it :)

Don't really care about the collectors though. Still cool we're getting it.

Kind of dissapointed nothing was said about a SMTIV release date, but then again, it's Atlus.

Porcile

No love for the Mario and Lugi Wii M+ controllers? Those looked cool. Will go along nicely with my gold Zelda remote

Owzers

i'm still holding out on a 3ds XL until it gets a bundle that interests me, either Luigi's Mansion or Zelda would do.

Wii U is doomed for me though.

Well, here were my predictions from the previous thread.

Pokemon X/Y Streetpass Details and a little more on Pokemon Amie.
Plot details for Super Mario 3D World.
Release windows for games like Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Picross E3, and so forth.
Denpa Men 3 for the USA. (All of these predictions are for NOA.)
Plot details on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
A little bit of focus on Wind Waker HD to remind people of the physical release. Also, that statue will make an appearance.
Final date or release for Flipnote 3D.
Hulu Plus for 3DS, multiple colors for folders.
A little on the Animal Crossing items and Pokemon give aways.
More Wii U Sports Club sports will be revealed. At least one of them will be from Wii Sports Resort. There may be about six to eight remastered Wii Sports.

I got two of those. You're rescuing some sort of Star Princess in Super Mario 3D World from Bowser, who has stolen Wario's car. Fedora Chair? Fedora Chair. Animal Crossing.

What was revealed was fun though. Super Mario 3D World just keeps getting better, Sonic finally confirmed to return, the Street Pass Relay jump, AA:DD demo, and a new Kirby game. I expect Flipnote 3D to just show up one Thursday out of nowhere.

Edited: Darn Bracket.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That was a Viewtiful meltdown, holy shit!

I told you guys this would be a divine comedy!

uhm, so, uhm, new kirby?

no monster hunter 4?

thank god i bought it in japanese

This one was for 2013 games, with the sole exception of Kirby and Bravely Default (and this one is coming in 2013 everywhere sans NA). The next Direct will have 2014 announcements.

So wait, nothing about firmware updates? I was hoping to hear about:

-3DS firmware update
-Whether last night's Wii U update was "the big one" and whether we will get another one sooner than next spring or summer
-Gamepad battery accessory

Of course, it's the big one. It raised the version to 4.0.

Sandfox

I wanted to hear about Miiverse integration with smartphones and PCs as well as the 3DS version(which we knew wasn't coming today anways) but that will probably come in another direct soon since they've clearly laid the groundwork for it and we're supoosed to be hearing things this year.

Top Bottom