• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for Sept 14, 2017 (midnight CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcab96

Everyone keeps saying they want to see Scalebound repurposed, but am I the only one who was super into what they showed? :( I mean, we got to customize, ride, and fight alongside our own dragon. I was super into it.

Even better.
I really hope we get the payoff to this tomorrow

e: one sec, rehosting
ZmlVczH.png
you never think the banned asterisks will happen to you...

Everyone keeps saying they want to see Scalebound repurposed, but am I the only one who was super into what they showed? :( I mean, we got to customize, ride, and fight alongside our own dragon. I was super into it.

I was totally into it in theory, but I could never shake that the game had executive meddling all over it. Such a bummer. They'd been kicking around the concept since Platinum was founded. I actually do hope it gets a fresh start at some point.

MoonFrog

Pretty much whatever they make would be a good palate cleanser for my gaming intake of primarily Nintendo, JRPG, and PC strategy games. So I hope they do have something for us.

CrisKre

Platinum is, after Nintendo (including rare) my favorite developer. So please please please let them support Switch with their games. Anything Kamiya In will forever support.

I guess the ultimate question is what is more valuable to Atlus - the portable market on Switch where they would be limited to Japanese and English speaking regions only, or to continue to milk the brand on platforms where they can enjoy perks like localization and distribution throughout Asia in Chinese and Korean, as well as strong extra marketing support and merchandising $$$ from music, anime, and whatever else that Aniplex will bend over backwards to collaborate with them on.

I think it's clear that their focus isn't on Nintendo platforms for that reason. They might eventually do it, but their primary focus will always be on a Sony platform first.

Why not both? It's not like Atlus isn't foreign on Nintendo platforms, they've had success on DS and 3DS and Persona 5 would do well on the Switch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Id like to see Kamiya direct Bayonetta 3. The things he could come up with and add would be crazy.

Hes never directed a sequel before (except Resident Evil 2 but he didnt direct the first one so).

GamerJM

Banned
Unpopular opinion: none of the platinum stuff excites me much

I agree. It's weird being a Nintendo fan when two of the biggest "things related to Nintendo that everyone gets really hyped about," of the last five years or so (Xenoblade and Platinum) are things that I'm really apathetic about now, though I'm probably going to buy Xenoblade 2 at this point anyways since I buy basically everything that could loosely be defined as a JRPG and gets a good reception for some reason.

duckroll

Why not both? It's not like Atlus isn't foreign on Nintendo platforms, they've had success on DS and 3DS and Persona 5 would do well on the Switch.

It can be both, it just won't be the focus. It's silly to say Persona 5 will never be on the Switch of course, but with the Persona 5 anime hitting next year, I think we can be assured that there's going to be a re-release/expansion/something and it will be primarily on the PS4, as opposed to it being primarily on a portable system like in the past. If they have the resources to make it multiplatform they could, but then again, Persona 5 wasn't on the Xbox One either. So who knows. If they don't feel they have additional resources to support more platforms, then it won't be on the Switch for quite a while.

XandBosch

More unpopular opinion than yours: none of the Smash stuff excites me much

Lol, me neither. Smash is one of those things I want to get excited for but when it actually comes out, I never really play it with anyone. None of my friends grew up on it like I did and it's not really fun for them. And online was always meh for me.

MoonFrog

Retro gotta be working on something. Right?

I'll see myself out
Retro is building an obelisk of ancient design, thinking it to have occult import.

If they can pierce the heavens, perhaps they can find a game there to grace us with, but that is no longer the point.

Nintendo has them playing the long game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom