• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for Sept 14, 2017 (midnight CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

night814

I didn't like Super Sluggers on wii but the GameCube game is one of my favorite games of all time.

Excited for this Direct after all this talk now, even though I'm probably just getting overexciting for not much

Whoa. Quick look at Wikipedia shows me I likely completely missed Superstar Baseball on GC. BRB.

I still can't believe ea chose me3 as a wiiu test. Holy fucking worst choice possible. Who was even the target audience?

Nintendo gamers who haven't played ME3 yet but somehow also own a gaming pc or a 360 where they played me1 and 2 but no longer own them And just bought a wiiu.

It was so ludicrous and made ten times worse by them announcing the 1-3 collection on PS3 and 360 right around the same time. They sent it out to fail so they had an out to not develop for WiiU, jokes on them because the sales of the system would have been more than enough justification for them. WiiU could have seriously used all three ME's at launch and instead it got the worst one(....at the time).

When has a mainline Persona game ever been on a non PlayStation

Stop with this speculation

Be still my beating heart

Yeah but Persona 1, 2, 3 and 4 all eventually made it to portables.

I do think Persona 5 Switch is possible, even likely. But I'm not feeling it yet, since they just announced those other Persona 5 spinoffs. If it comes, I think it's still a while off.

I fully expect Atlus to milk Persona 5 for all it's worth. Would be weird to not port it a few more places.

PS3, 360, Wii U, Steam, HEY you missed one!

I didn't bought the PS3 one. But I compensated on the WiiU version, I have the cool collector's edition sold in Europe.
But sincerely who am I kidding, Bayonetta 2 on the go with probably better framerate? Sign me in!

night814

Tokyo Mirage Session is extremely close to Persona, not completely the same but they are easily comparable. They could be doing another "Persona-ish" exclusive game instead of just porting TMS#FE(or also port it, I'd buy again).

I just want to see whatever SMT5 is.

Kaizer

Banned
While I'm excited for the Direct tomorrow, I also can already see all the predictable "Man, this Direct sucked!" "Nintendo where are the games!?!" comments coming already.

large.jpg

weekev

Banned
While I'm excited for the Direct tomorrow, I also can already see all the predictable "Man, this Direct sucked!" "Nintendo where are the games!?!" comments coming already.
I mean if you read the last 3 pages of this thread we are definitely getting a Switch version of Bayonetta 1+2 maybe Wonderful 101, Persona 5 and maybe Final Fantasy XV. If this is the level people are expecting they need to tone it down. But it's less than 19 hours till the direct so that ain't gonna happen.

BTW my Uncle who works at Nintendo said he saw a design being sent to a manufacturer for a Sora, Mickey, Donald and Goofy Amiibo.

Guys,

I just want to backup my save game. I am hoping for a 45 minute video on how to do this.

"And finally, I, Reggie Fil's'aime or however you spell it, am happy to announce that we will be bringing the ability to manage and backup save files to the Nintendo Switch home entertainment platform in fiscal year 2018. This functionality, and many other much-requested features, will be available as part of our new Nintendo Premium Online Network, so please be excited for more news in the near future."

0racle

"And finally, I, Reggie Fil's'aime or however you spell it, am happy to announce that we will be bringing the ability to manage and backup save files to the Nintendo Switch home entertainment platform in fiscal year 2018. This functionality, and many other much-requested features, will be available as part of our new Nintendo Premium Online Network, so please be excited for more news in the near future."

fuck you Reggie.

Opa-Pa

Eh, portable versions of Persona games are clearly profitable in the japanese market and the Vita is obviously out of the question. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

And they've been grooming Nintendo fans with Persona Q 1 and 2 anyway, 2 even stars P5 characters.

duckroll

Eh, portable versions of Persona games are clearly profitable in the japanese market and the Vita is obviously out of the question. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

And they've been grooming Nintendo fans with Persona Q 1 and 2 anyway, 2 even stars P5 characters.

Keep telling yourselves that.

ThoseOblongBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

MAtgS

& further grooming with Furry Joker pre-order in Sonic Forces.

duckroll

Vita can handle a dancing game built on an engine that's already been used on it.

It cannot handle a 120-hour RPG build on an engine that wasn't.

Nintendo fans can handle throwaway fanservice with SD characters for the kids (tm) who are already used to it.

They cannot handle a serious Persona release that would take full advantage of Aniplex kickbacks and Sony cross promotion across the Asian continent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
grimdark metroid x star fox (adults only)

Nintendo fans can handle throwaway fanservice with SD characters for the kids (tm) who are already used to it.

They cannot handle a serious Persona release that would take full advantage of Aniplex kickbacks and Sony cross promotion across the Asian continent.

Agree to disagree man. This whole X fan v. Y fan thing is dumb anyway. There's a ton of overlap anyway, so like, am I incapable of appreciating Persona because I gravitate towards Nintendo systems? That's just silly.

MoonFrog

What's required to get an AO anyway?

Does Fox need to go full frontal or just eat his own intestines?

Edit: I'm regretting the first choice but the thing I should've put there is pretty damn gross. But that way the reference in the latter choice would work better.

Anyways, chaos reigns! Lol that movie...

But making a portable version for the Switch would be very smart decision comercially, mostly on Japan. But that's also the reason why Atlus probably won't do it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

tfYXvUxC.jpg

Would be cool if they finally killed Skippy for good near the start of the game. Both cuz he's annoying and doesn't really belong in a universe like Star Fox and because it would be interesting to see the strain his death puts on Fox's ability to maintain a trusting partnership with Samus.

salromano

Any speculation or anything in regards to dragon quest XI on switch? Heard the japanes direct an extra 5 mins

It's possible, but I think it's still too soon. There's been lots of new 3DS games announced for Japan recently, as well as some Switch ones like Sumikko Gurashi, so I'd guess it applies to that.

duckroll

But making a portable version for the Switch would be very smart decision comercially, mostly on Japan. But that's also the reason why Atlus probably won't do it.

I guess the ultimate question is what is more valuable to Atlus - the portable market on Switch where they would be limited to Japanese and English speaking regions only, or to continue to milk the brand on platforms where they can enjoy perks like localization and distribution throughout Asia in Chinese and Korean, as well as strong extra marketing support and merchandising $$$ from music, anime, and whatever else that Aniplex will bend over backwards to collaborate with them on.

I think it's clear that their focus isn't on Nintendo platforms for that reason. They might eventually do it, but their primary focus will always be on a Sony platform first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom