• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Yesterday I changed my eshop address to canada yukon (5% tax, accepts my third class south american credit card, much better than buying cards online...) and put 50 dollars on it.

Bought Gunman Clive, Crashmo (finished Pushmo already), From the Abyss 1 (huge mistake), Cave Story (finished already on PC, but this is widescreen...) and Shantae Risky Boots.

So far, I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Shantae. I never played the GBC game, but this game is very fun, got late for work because I was playing this. Although the price is expensive for the eShop (12 dollars) and it's a DSi game, I absolutely recommend it. The graphics are hand-drawn are very nice, gameplay is great and the game is very good. Think of Megaman meets Metroid...

zroid

Banned
Is there even any word on Runner 2 hitting Europe's Wii U eShop at all?

9559113b179b46fdaaf6316.png

Yeah. Seems to be a fun game, and at under £3, I'm there. Besides, nothing to buy for the 3DS until the end of March now, with no Fire Emblem and Oracle series on the VC :mad:
For Europe, Ninja Gaiden II, Harvest Moon, Legend of the River King and Revenge of the 'Gator are all still Q1. That's probably your March VC lineup.

I want to know what the hell happened to Game Gear?

There's HarmoKnight thought...

March 28th, same day as Luigi's Mansion. My point still stands!

For Europe, Ninja Gaiden II, Harvest Moon, Legend of the River King and Revenge of the 'Gator are all still Q1. That's probably your March VC lineup.

I have no interest in NES titles. Never played a Harvest Moon game before though... so might give that a shot. SEGA's probably submitted loads of GG titles and Nintendo doesn't want to release them in the "fully packed" VC lineup ¬¬

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Nintendo got embarrassed that the Game Gear emulator was so much better than their Game Boy one.

Nintendo got embarrassed that the Game Gear emulator was so much better than their Game Boy one.
Speaking of which, on 8-4 play a couple eps back they implied that M2 was actually doing Nintendo's Wii U VC releases. I figured it was just John getting wires crossed, but with the general improvements (button mapping, save states) I sort of wonder...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Speaking of which, on 8-4 play a couple eps back they implied that M2 was actually doing Nintendo's Wii U VC releases. I figured it was just John getting wires crossed, but with the general improvements (button mapping, save states) I sort of wonder...

We just need to get them on the Game Boy emulator now and maybe we'll see some Super Game Boy support.

We just need to get them on the Game Boy emulator now and maybe we'll see some Super Game Boy support.
If not SGB, at least optional GBC palletes for DMG games. Totally inexcusable this isn't in place as it's authentic to the original handheld experience.

If/when GB/GBC games come to Wii U VC, SGB support had best be in there though.

serplux

If not SGB, at least optional GBC palletes for DMG games. Totally inexcusable this isn't in place as it's authentic to the original handheld experience.

If/when GB/GBC games come to Wii U VC, SGB support had best be in there though.

I'd rather have GBA palletes than SGB support, personally. But color would be pretty sweet.

So, this is a list of all future Nintendo eShop games for the Wii U (that are confirmed):

*list*

It's a total of 29 games.
Ew, but maybe you can add a Sega HD Ver to the unconfirmed list, not that I care about this particular game either, but I think most people are going to enjoy it.

I know I'm gonna be spending my coins on the 3DS eShop, I need the Oracles games, I was just a kid when they first came out, I remember my mom gave me a pirated cartridge and I couldn't save my progress. lololololol

Ew, but maybe you can add a Sega HD Ver to the unconfirmed list, not that I care about this particular game either, but I think most people are going to enjoy it.

I know I'm gonna be spending my coins on the 3DS eShop, I need the Oracles games, I was just a kid when they first came out, I remember my mom gave me a pirated cartridge and I couldn't save my progress. lololololol

Sega HD Ver, wha now?

Updated all time best sellers (and number of reviews) list for US eShops:

Wii U (all)
01 Balloon Fight (538) Nintendo
02 F-Zero (198) Nintendo
03 Trine 2: Director's Cut (1711) Frozenbyte
04 Little Inferno (1511) Tomorrow Corporation
05 Nano Assault Neo (1092) Shin'en Multimedia
06 Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (712) WayForward
07 New Super Mario Bros. U (11291) Nintendo
08 The Cave (472) Sega
09 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2046) Sega
10 ZombiU (4409) Ubisoft
11 Puddle (136) Neko Entertainment
12 Scribblenauts Unlimited (2191) WB Games
13 Nintendo Land (13460) Nintendo
14 Chasing Aurora (81) Broken Rules
15 Assassin's Creed III (1889) Ubisoft
16 Darksiders II (580) THQ
17 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (824) Nintendo
18 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (653) Namco Bandai Games
19 Just Dance 4 (419) Ubisoft
20 Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (1463) WB Games

Nintendo 3DS (download)
01 Pokémon Dream Radar (7516) Nintendo
02 Pushmo (19958) Nintendo
03 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (11805) Nintendo
04 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (7707) Nintendo
05 Colors! 3D (9801) Collecting Smiles
06 Fire Emblem Awakening (4414) Nintendo
07 Pokédex 3D Pro (3178) Nintendo
08 New Super Mario Bros. 2 (49994) Nintendo
09 3D Classics: Xevious (3933) Nintendo
10 Bird Mania 3D (3334) Teyon
11 Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (6806) Nintendo
12 Mighty Switch Force! (5449) WayForward
13 Dillon's Rolling Western (6970) Nintendo
14 3D Classics: Excitebike (23370) Nintendo
15 VVVVVV (5774) Nicalis
16 Let's Golf! 3D (3444) Gameloft
17 Mutant Mudds (4459) Renegade Kid
18 3D Classics: Urban Champion (2719) Nintendo
19 Zen Pinball 3D (2996) Zen Studios
20 Paper Mario: Sticker Star (15525) Nintendo

Nintendo 3DS (Virtual Console)
01 The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (27978) Nintendo
02 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (12890) Nintendo
03 Super Mario Bros. (28856) Nintendo
04 Super Mario Land (15802) Nintendo
05 Kirby's Dream Land (9142) Nintendo
06 Metroid II: Return of Samus (4672) Nintendo
07 Donkey Kong (8225) Nintendo
08 Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (3927) Sega
09 The Legend of Zelda (13275) Nintendo
10 Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (2222) Nintendo
11 Tetris (2169) Nintendo
12 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (2074) Nintendo
13 Mario's Picross (3858) Nintendo
14 Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (787) Nintendo
15 Game & Watch Gallery (2282) Nintendo
16 Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (2077) Capcom
17 Metroid (7566) Nintendo
18 Pac-Man (842) Namco Bandai Games
19 Mega Man (700) Capcom
20 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (7511) Nintendo

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Wii U (all)
01 Balloon Fight (538) Nintendo
02 F-Zero (198) Nintendo
03 Trine 2: Director's Cut (1711) Frozenbyte
04 Little Inferno (1511) Tomorrow Corporation
05 Nano Assault Neo (1092) Shin'en Multimedia
06 Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (712) WayForward
07 New Super Mario Bros. U (11291) Nintendo
08 The Cave (472) Sega
09 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2046) Sega
10 ZombiU (4409) Ubisoft
11 Puddle (136) Neko Entertainment
12 Scribblenauts Unlimited (2191) WB Games
13 Nintendo Land (13460) Nintendo
14 Chasing Aurora (81) Broken Rules
15 Assassin's Creed III (1889) Ubisoft
16 Darksiders II (580) THQ
17 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (824) Nintendo
18 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (653) Namco Bandai Games
19 Just Dance 4 (419) Ubisoft
20 Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (1463) WB Games

Nintendo 3DS (download)
15 VVVVVV (5774) Nicalis

Nintendo 3DS (Virtual Console)
01 The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (27978) Nintendo
02 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (12890) Nintendo
03 Super Mario Bros. (28856) Nintendo
04 Super Mario Land (15802) Nintendo
05 Kirby's Dream Land (9142) Nintendo
06 Metroid II: Return of Samus (4672) Nintendo
07 Donkey Kong (8225) Nintendo
08 Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (3927) Sega
09 The Legend of Zelda (13275) Nintendo
10 Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (2222) Nintendo
11 Tetris (2169) Nintendo
12 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (2074) Nintendo
13 Mario's Picross (3858) Nintendo
14 Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (787) Nintendo
15 Game & Watch Gallery (2282) Nintendo
16 Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (2077) Capcom
17 Metroid (7566) Nintendo
18 Pac-Man (842) Namco Bandai Games
19 Mega Man (700) Capcom
20 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (7511) Nintendo

FE:A already 6th? Dat shortages effect.

Glass Rebel

The final boss in Hana/Sakura Samurai is kicking my ass left and right. I knew I should have played more Punch-Out!! when I was younger.

VanWinkle

Man, it hurt to buy Runner 2 on the Wii U, lol. I'm really reluctant to buy stuff on a Nintendo platform without an account system, but I heard it was the best console version. I have a huge digital presence on PS3 and Vita, so I wish Nintendo moved to a real account system and I could start buying more digital stuff on Wii U/3DS.

Murrah

Banned
Man, it hurt to buy Runner 2 on the Wii U, lol. I'm really reluctant to buy stuff on a Nintendo platform without an account system, but I heard it was the best console version. I have a huge digital presence on PS3 and Vita, so I wish Nintendo moved to a real account system and I could start buying more digital stuff on Wii U/3DS.

I'm the same way, been avoiding purchasing stuff off the eShop after getting burned with all my digital stuff on the Wii, but I couldn't help it for this

In world 2 and I'm not regretting it at all

Futureman

I'm the same way, been avoiding purchasing stuff off the eShop after getting burned with all my digital stuff on the Wii, but I couldn't help it for this

In world 2 and I'm not regretting it at all

how did you get burned w/ digital on Wii? Didn't Sony just announce that PSN stuff most likely won't be backward compatible on PS4??

BJWanlund

Bit Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid)
Pokemon Scramble U (Nintendo)
The Pinball Arcade (Farsight Studios)
Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studios)

Those are the ones I fully plan on getting when a) I get my Wii U, and b) when they hit the Wii U eShop (in the case of games like Zen Pinball 2 and The Pinball Arcade). I love me some pinball, and Pinball Arcade is the very best of the best when it comes to my personal brand of pinball. It's got Star Trek: The Next Generation, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, both Elvira pinballs, and a good many more.

Futureman

Runner 2 question.....

You should be able to just hold down the Power button on the Wii U gamepad to turn the system off, correct? I know I've done it in other games.

When I do this with Runner 2, the gamepad turns off but the system stays on and freezes. When I turn the gamepad back on, nothing works and I have to pull the plug on my Wii U.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Nintendo 3DS (download)
15 VVVVVV (5774) Nicalis

WHY

Mpl90

Seeing the NA 3DS Charts, I just saw Fire Emblem already 6th, without noticing that it already surpassed NSMB2, 8th. WOAH, DAT SHORTAGE / AC EFFECT INDEED. :lol

donny2112

Seeing the NA 3DS Charts, I just saw Fire Emblem already 6th, without noticing that it already surpassed NSMB2, 8th. WOAH, DAT SHORTAGE / AC EFFECT INDEED. :lol

Are we sure that's an "all-time" list and not just the last week/month? Seems impossible for FE:A to have sold > 50K digitally just this month.

Fake edit:
Oh, wait. The eShop allows you to rate a game if you've played it for more than an hour, regardless of retail/digital, so it wouldn't necessarily mean 50K downloads (comparing to NSMB2). Still think it has to be a last week/month list and not all time, though, because it'd still be > 25K since it's ahead of 3D Classics: Excitebike.

Runner 2 question.....

You should be able to just hold down the Power button on the Wii U gamepad to turn the system off, correct? I know I've done it in other games.

When I do this with Runner 2, the gamepad turns off but the system stays on and freezes. When I turn the gamepad back on, nothing works and I have to pull the plug on my Wii U.
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Pretty odd thing to run into. I don't have the game so I can't comment on if outs just a lone issue on your end or a wide spread problem, but either way...that should not be happening.

Have you tried deleting and redownloading? Seems to remedy some issues people have had in other games.

Look at the bright side: You may be able to play it on the Wii They.

Are we sure that's an "all-time" list and not just the last week/month? Seems impossible for FE:A to have sold > 50K digitally just this month.

Fake edit:
Oh, wait. The eShop allows you to rate a game if you've played it for more than an hour, regardless of retail/digital, so it wouldn't necessarily mean 50K downloads (comparing to NSMB2). Still think it has to be a last week/month list and not all time, though, because it'd still be > 25K since it's ahead of 3D Classics: Excitebike.

So you think Link's Awakening DX is still the number one selling game on the eshop each week/month?

It's been in the best sellers category every week but assuming that the order of the titles in that category is in order it definitely hasn't been number one for a long while (though it's certainly been hovering in the top 10).

Fake edit:

I'm checking the eShop now...

Fire Emblem is #19 All time, all software. NSMB2 isn't even on the list. We can assume FE has outside NSMB2 digitally.

Edit: Fire Emblem is #6 on 3DS only downloads. All time.

Mpl90

Fake edit:

Yes, the reviews are for both retail and downloadable versions of the titles. However, beril and Hero maybe gave us some actual sales indication...

Grats on the success, knew the eShop version would make it past the Google version with the front page that Nintendo gave you in addition to the video.

Edit:

Just making an eyeball estimate off of the graph and what you said, if every line was 5K that would put the iOS slightly above 10k sales, Google Play at above 25k sales and eShop at above 30k sales? 65,000 sales total?

close...

but you should realise that this is just the first two months for each platform (except the 3DS wich is a few days short of two months). The iOS and Android version has been out for almost a year and the 3DS sales just passed the android version the other day so their LTD sales are about the same, and the iOS LTD is close to the next line

So Gunman Clive was already around 30k in US + EU on February, 17th. Less than two months of sale (especially in US, where it came out at the beginning of January, while the European release was on December, 27th). We also know the game sold at US debut 2.9x units compared to the EU debut, so I suggest we could put Gunman Clive at 20k just in US. Since it's out of the all time 3DS only Downloadable Chart, around 20k should be the lowest limit possible for the tenth position.

This was the NA current chart yesterday, posted by NintendoEverything

Software

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Pokemon Dream Radar
3. Gunman Clive
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. Crashmo
6. Mega Man 2
7. Pokedex 3D Pro
8. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
9. Metal Torrent
10. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
11. Bit.Trip Saga
12. Cut The Rope
13. Photo Dojo
14. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
15. The Legend of Zelda
16. Plants vs. Zombies
17. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure
18. Dig Dug
19. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
20. Bird & Beans

beje

Banned
Has anyone else noticed the horrible video compression going on the gamepad in F-Zero? Most of the times it feels like a 240p youtube feed filmed with a feature phone, not exactly pleasant.

zroid

Banned
Has anyone else noticed the horrible video compression going on the gamepad in F-Zero? Most of the times it feels like a 240p youtube feed filmed with a feature phone, not exactly pleasant.
Same thing happened with balloon fight (it was worse actually). Don't really know what the problem is. I remember someone offering a reasonable sounding explanation, but forgot what it was already lol.

Top Bottom