• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2016

Simbabbad

there was clearly something not right.
Not to the people in the dedicated threads, go look if you don't believe me, absolutely nobody there thought it was a mistake before it was announced as one. Splatoon was around $60 in the US and around $30 in Europe, that sort of thing happens all the time. People just thought Capcom screwed US consumers and asked for a higher price because there was a physical release there, and not in Europe, which made sense.

In any case, I don't see the point of being rude.

also

Banned
Not to the people in the dedicated threads, go look if you don't believe me, absolutely nobody there thought it was a mistake before it was announced as one. Splatoon was around $60 in the US and around $30 in Europe, that sort of thing happens all the time. People just thought Capcom screwed US consumers and asked for a higher price because there was a physical release there, and not in Europe, which made sense.

In any case, I don't see the point of being rude.

Splatoon was 40€ (+10% off if you participated in the beta) which would be the equivalent of 40$ with the usual 1$=1€ conversion.

Simbabbad

Splatoon was 40€ (+10% off if you participated in the beta) which would be the equivalent of 40$ with the usual 1$=1€ conversion.
I meant around 30€ in Europe (not $30), that's what I paid, and it's not the point. The point is prices can vary a lot depending on regions, and nobody thought the $30 price for the collection was a mistake until it was recently announced, so arguing the user made a stupid mistake is incorrect on top of being uselessly rude.

Sorry for being the über-asshole here but it was pretty clear that this was gonna be $15 in the eShop. The pricing fuck-up is obviously their mistake and they deserve all the blame for it but I can't really sympathize with someone day-1ing this at the wrong price when there was clearly something not right.

At least you realize you're being an asshole.

How exactly was I supposed to know $30 was the wrong price? The physical version is $30. I just thought they were matching that price on the eShop.

Nice of Capcom to 100% ignore my email though.

The digital version was released last year for $15 on consoles. A lot of digital games do match the retail price though, so there was really no way to know unless you were expecting the same price as the other versions.

Sorry for being the über-asshole here but it was pretty clear that this was gonna be $15 in the eShop. The pricing fuck-up is obviously their mistake and they deserve all the blame for it but I can't really sympathize with someone day-1ing this at the wrong price when there was clearly something not right.
it was not clear to everyone and not everyone follows all gaming news and knows everything

get some perspective

Anyone know if Axiom Verge is possibly still coming to Wii U? The creator said there was a good chance it would but that was way back in June.

BooJoh

At least you realize you're being an asshole.

How exactly was I supposed to know $30 was the wrong price? The physical version is $30. I just thought they were matching that price on the eShop.

Nice of Capcom to 100% ignore my email though.

I checked the eShop on release day and saw it for $30, and accepted that at face value, having not followed the console releases and seeing as $30 is standard budget price for a 3DS retail game. I wasn't researching the game prior to release and only had mild interest, and ended up not buying it anyway.

Either way, this is 100% NOA/Capcom's fault, and anyone who paid $30 should - at the very least - be credited the extra they paid back to their eShop account. People have gotten refunds for games not supporting a left-handed mode, they should be able to fix this.

I'd call NOA and try to get a complete refund so you can just buy it again at the lower price.

In the dedicated threads, everybody thought the $30 price was the legit price in the US. The news that it was a mistake is extremely recent. I'm not sure why you want to blame this user for Capcom's mistakes.

"Blaming the user first and foremost" has been the Moon's MO ever since he landed here a year and a half ago. Every post from him is framed as "There is no way this is the company's fault and you should have known this," "This isn't a big deal, who cares, suck it up" or the tone of "This was already answered elsewhere, why are you asking this?"

I personally wouldn't have bought MM Legacy on the shop for that price but anybody reasonable would accept the eShop pricing error was 100% Capcom's fault (especially after they publicly admitted so) instead on piling on anyone unaware of this who simply wanted to pull the trigger on playing the game right away as if they were dumb.

Sorry if all of that sounds harsh, Moon. I think you're generally a helpful poster but the condescending tone the majority of your posts are built on is a huge turn off.

GulAtiCa

Axiom Verge was made in MonoGame. So unlikely it will come to Wii U, unless they re-ported it using something else or more directly.

jholmes

There are a lot of third party games that will be stuck in licensing hell, sadly.

Heck, lets look at the 12 best selling third-party N64 games.

WCW/nWo Revenge
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars: Episode I Racer
WCW vs nWo: Would Tour
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
The World Is Not Enough
WWF No Mercy
WWF WrestleMania 2000
Namco Museum 64
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

I wonder which of those are even feasible to think about bringing over. (Turok maybe?)

Gross, how did Shadows of the Empire and Pod Racer both outsell the far, faaaaaar better Rogue Squadron?

Turok isn't so much a rights issue as a rights-holder-not-caring issue, maybe the same on the Star Wars games. Namco Museum 64 is the only real easy one there, and really nobody would want that.

TheMoon

"Blaming the user first and foremost" has been the Moon's MO ever since he landed here a year and a half ago. Every post from him is framed as "There is no way this is the company's fault and you should have known this," "This isn't a big deal, who cares, suck it up" or the tone of "This was already answered elsewhere, why are you asking this?"

I personally wouldn't have bought MM Legacy on the shop for that price but anybody reasonable would accept the eShop pricing error was 100% Capcom's fault (especially after they publicly admitted so) instead on piling on anyone unaware of this who simply wanted to pull the trigger on playing the game right away as if they were dumb.

Sorry if all of that sounds harsh, Moon. I think you're generally a helpful poster but the condescending tone the majority of your posts are built on is a huge turn off.

*cough*

The pricing fuck-up is obviously their mistake and they deserve all the blame for it

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

Pokémon Red , Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition – With classic graphics and music, the Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition games stay true to the originals released nearly 20 years ago. You’ll feel like you’re playing them just as they were, but now you can trade and battle Pokémon in 2D using local wireless on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Revisit these timeless games, or play them for the first time! These games will be available on Feb. 27.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale – This Nintendo 3DS-exclusive RPG features traditional turn-based combat, nearly a hundred quests, a fully featured farming mini-game, dual-language voice acting, community treasure-hunting via the StreetPass feature, multiple difficulty levels and an adjustable random encounter rate!
Mega Man Legacy Collection – Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of 8-bit history. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection features all six original NES games and more fun features. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Medabots AX: Metabee and Medabots AX: Rokusho – The World Robattle Tournament is hosted every four years, and both Ikki and Metabee are itching for top place. Help them to victory as they take on the toughest Medafighters and their Medabots. Create and customize unique Medabots with Medaparts that are earned from successful battles in these Game Boy Advance fighting games.

New DLC:

Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Free Update and DLC – Players of the Minecraft: Wii U Edition game can now add even more fun with a massive free update and new DLC available for purchase in Nintendo eShop. This update adds some anticipated Minecraft features, including a long list of new potions, blocks, mobs and biomes. From the Redwood forests of Mega-Taiga to the vastness of the Deep Ocean, you´ll get to build, play and explore new biomes that will offer a great canvas for your creations. Players can also purchase the new Biome Settlers Skin pack, which brings 24 new settler characters into the game and even more biome-themed skins they can use to role-play with their friends. Click here for full details.
Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Maps – Two new maps are available to download in Fire Emblem Fates for $2.49 each: Boo Camp and Beach Brawl.
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 – As a reminder, anyone can purchase Map Pack 1 for $17.99 to get access to 11 DLC maps plus bonus content as it is released weekly through April 21. Map Pack 1 content is priced at more than $24 when purchased individually.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 1.
Jewel Match 3, Joe’s Diner and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 10.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Keytari: 8-Bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.
Land it Rocket is more than 45 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
Defense Dome and SDK Paint from Hullbreach Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Kami and Witch & Hero from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 10.
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.
Bloo Kid 2 is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Mega Man “Stage Select”
Mega Man vs. Dr. Wily!

Also new this week:

Sadame (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Toy Defense (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
6180 the moon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Inside My Radio (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Replay: VHS is not dead (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Smart Adventures – Mission Math (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Volcanic Field 2 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Boney

Banned
Yes it is, it's in the "Also new this week" section.
Ah must've skimmed right past it. Cool I'll post impressions later in I suppose. Been looking for these types of games and Swords and Darkness fell a bit short with it's repetiveness and I think the same will happen here.

It doesn't invalidate his point and you know it

Maybe he just doesn't understand context and how to use the search function when its his own posts?

Anyways, other than briefly playing ORS on 3DS I have never played an entire Pokemon game. A relative of mine who has played the series for many years is planning on getting Red and I'm going to get Yellow, we're going to play and battle through both together, should be great fun. :) It feels kinda crazy that I missed out on Pokemon all these years but I guess I never had the time until now for whatever reason.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• LEGO Marvel's Avengers (WB Games | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 1.
  • Land it Rocket is more than 45 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
  • Defense Dome and SDK Paint from Hullbreach Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
  • Keytari: 8-Bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 5.
  • Joe’s Diner and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 10.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Boo Camp ($2.49)
    Beach Brawl ($2.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 1.
  • Jewel Match 3 and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 10.
  • Kami and Witch & Hero from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 10.
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.
  • Bloo Kid 2 is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.

vYU92.png

• SDK Spriter (Hullbreach Studios | Demo)

Wii U | Sales

• Joe’s Diner (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends March 10, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €3.35/£2.99 (Ends March 3, normally €4.49/£3.99)

• Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (NIS America)
    Thunder Queen's Legacy (Free until 03/03, then €1.99 | £1.79)
    The Eldritch Hound (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Wanted: Blessed Clover (€1.99 | £1.79)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Bloo Kid 2 (Winterworks) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends March 3, normally €3.99/£3.49)
  • Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) - €9.99/£7.40 (Ends March 10, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • KAMI (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends March 10, normally €2.99/£2.39)
  • Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends March 10, normally €5.99/£3.99)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends March 10, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €2.24/£1.85 (Ends March 17, normally €2.99/£2.50)

uxwGK.png

BooJoh

Expecting midnight release per region.

The download codes I bought said they will be sent out at 9am Saturday so I hope not.

Just a couple things worth noting:

The eShop says nothing about a midnight release, however...

Amazon's digital code page says "This item will be available on February 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM PST" (note it says PST, not EST)

The Pokémon edition New 3DS releases on the 27th as well, and those come preloaded with the VC game, and they'll likely be available at midnight at some stores.

When the MH4U New 3DS XL came out, MH4U went up on the eShop somewhere a little after midnight (it's the only time I can recall a third party game getting the midnight release treatment on the eShop.) I'm assuming this is because people with new systems need to be able to redownload the game after a system transfer anyway.

So my gut says it should hit sometime between midnight EST and midnight PST.

donny2112

Midnight releases are midnight Eastern Time. Only Nintendo published games do that but not sure about Nintendo VC games. Maybe Pokemon GameBoy will be its own thing...

Phoenixus

Maybe he just doesn't understand context and how to use the search function when its his own posts?

Anyways, other than briefly playing ORS on 3DS I have never played an entire Pokemon game. A relative of mine who has played the series for many years is planning on getting Red and I'm going to get Yellow, we're going to play and battle through both together, should be great fun. :) It feels kinda crazy that I missed out on Pokemon all these years but I guess I never had the time until now for whatever reason.

If you're hoping to complete your pokedexes together I'd recommend blue over yellow. Red and blue together can complete a pokedex, but yellow has different exclusive creatures to both red and blue.
Am getting yellow myself, excite! :D

L~A

Axiom Verge was made in MonoGame. So unlikely it will come to Wii U, unless they re-ported it using something else or more directly.

Well, it's "possible" > http://www.destructoid.com/axiom-verge-probably-coming-to-wii-u-in-2016-294521.phtml

But yeah, they'd need to port the whole thing to a new engine.

Just a couple things worth noting:

The eShop says nothing about a midnight release, however...

Amazon's digital code page says "This item will be available on February 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM PST" (note it says PST, not EST)

The Pokémon edition New 3DS releases on the 27th as well, and those come preloaded with the VC game, and they'll likely be available at midnight at some stores.

When the MH4U New 3DS XL came out, MH4U went up on the eShop somewhere a little after midnight (it's the only time I can recall a third party game getting the midnight release treatment on the eShop.) I'm assuming this is because people with new systems need to be able to redownload the game after a system transfer anyway.

So my gut says it should hit sometime between midnight EST and midnight PST.

Pretty sure the Amazon "available at" dates are just the time they'll send the email with the code, not the time the game will be launched in the eShop.

If you're hoping to complete your pokedexes together I'd recommend blue over yellow. Red and blue together can complete a pokedex, but yellow has different exclusive creatures to both red and blue.
Am getting yellow myself, excite! :D
Without glitches* you're going to need 3 games to complete the Pokedex no matter what. In this cases:
-Two other starters + evos (yellow skips this as you get them from NPCs)
-The other two Eevee choices
It is also worth noting you need two 3DS systems the both own a Gen I Pokemon game to event trade to begin with.

I honestly think the certificate isn't most people's concern.

*-Trainer fly allows any Pokemon to be encountered.

Top Bottom