• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

terrisus

I got some blood tests this morning so I couldn't make it on time to show my Terranigma love </3 (next week... in this thread).

Anyway, nice SMT IV sale! So bought at that price :D

I need some recommendations! I've been told that there's some 2x1 games sale in a retail store here in Spain and I was thinking in getting some 3DS and Wii U titles, what titles would you get from this list? (you can mix 3DS titles and Wii U titles).

3DS:

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Luigi's Mansión 2
Pokemon X/Y
Pokemon OR/AS
Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Layton Azran Legacy
Zelda: OOT 3D
Zelda: MM 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Yoshi New Island
Mario Kart 7
Smash Bros 3DS

Wii U:

Lego City
Need For Speed
Rayman Legends

Knowing this:

- Never played any Kirby game for more than 40 minutes (but I have Kirby Wii U pre-ordered)
- I have Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros for Wii U (and put a lot of hours there)
- My last Pokemon game was Sapphire (and I never beat it)
- Love 2D platformers (Rayman Legends will be one of the choices for sure)
- I beat both Zeldas (N64 versions).

What would be your choices? (Upon availability and I think "new" releases don't apply but I put MM: 3D anyway).

You could add any other game that maybe I missed. Thanks in advance! :)

Pretty much all of those 3DS games are worth getting.

Given your notes and considerations, I would probably order them:

Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Pokemon OR/AS
Yoshi New Island
Smash Bros 3DS
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon X/Y
Luigi's Mansión 2
Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Layton Azran Legacy

69wpm

Dot Arcade is coming out this month.

w2BJYQS.jpg

RedColumn

On Nintendo web appears other 3DS game for this week that it didn't show on PR.

Paizu... I say Pazuru.

Pazuru from Purple Hills and Joindots. Here is the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9HSEZQtGyw

Description

Pazuru is an easy to learn, hard to master puzzle game. The ninja lost all his stars and it's your job to get them back! Twist, bounce, warp and toggle your way through the levels, collecting stars along the way. Take on the challenge to complete the levels in as few actions as possible for a higher score. Test your ninja reflexes in this brain-twisting action-puzzler!

Features

Easy to learn, hard to master action-puzzler
Over 70 brain-twisting levels
Create custom levels with the built-in level editor
Share levels online and offline via QR Codes!

Orgen

I didn't know, Media Markt Málaga is expensive too and they haven't usually sales. :(

In the end there weren't any Zelda/Mario/Pokemon games... I'm pretty sure they hid the good games so you could only buy the games with a lot of stock.

I picked Layton Azran & Super Paper Mario for 19,99€ and Lego City (Wii U) and Rayman Legends for 48,99€. Not bad but it could've been a lot better... (there was a MH4 and a lot of Fantasy Life/Inazuma Eleven Go games but I wasn't interested in them).

In fact if you go to the MM web and choose any Zelda 3DS game you'll see that they have it in stock in that store... maybe I can order some games on the web and then pay for them in the store with the 2x1 ;D

Pretty much all of those 3DS games are worth getting.

Given your notes and considerations, I would probably order them:

Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Pokemon OR/AS
Yoshi New Island
Smash Bros 3DS
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon X/Y
Luigi's Mansión 2
Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Layton Azran Legacy

Would you recommend MK7 having MK8? (I play my 3DS at home, so portability is not a plus for me). NSMB2 was very high on my list too, I'll see if I can make the web trick... Thanks!

This is a weekly joke of his that I've been vocally annoyed by so please ignore it. Expect a similar post in a week.

<3 :p

gillty

Banned
In the end there weren't any Zelda/Mario/Pokemon games... I'm pretty sure they hid the good games so you could only buy the games with a lot of stock.

I picked Layton Azran & Super Paper Mario for 19,99€ and Lego City (Wii U) and Rayman Legends for 48,99€. Not bad but it could've been a lot better... (there was a MH4 and a lot of Fantasy Life/Inazuma Eleven Go games but I wasn't interested in them).

In fact if you go to the MM web and choose any Zelda 3DS game you'll see that they have it in stock in that store... maybe I can order some games on the web and then pay for them in the store with the 2x1 ;D

Would you recommend MK7 having MK8? (I play my 3DS at home, so portability is not a plus for me). NSMB2 was very high on my list too, I'll see if I can make the web trick... Thanks!

<3 :p
MK7 is inferior to MKDS let alone MK8, total pass on it.

terrisus

If portability isn't a factor to you, then I'd move Mario Kart 7 down between Kirby Triple Deluxe and Pokémon X/Y

MK7 is inferior to MKDS

On the other hand, at least you can play Mario Kart 7 online.
RIP Nintendo WFC =(

BooJoh

Would you recommend MK7 having MK8? (I play my 3DS at home, so portability is not a plus for me).

MK7 feels very similar to MK8 but without motorcycles or anti-gravity. It's a spectacular game but the only reason to really go back to it now is for a few stand-out courses that didn't make it to MK8.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Don't think it's new thread worthy so I'll ask my fellow Nintengirls and -guys: Can I connect a Wii U Pro Controller to my PC without an bluetooth adapter? Been using my 360 controller for PC games abit more lately and always get confused with the buttons on the New 3DS and Pro Controller/Gamepad.

I don't believe you can. Microsoft made the 360 controller PC compatible because they already make PC accessories (mice, keyboards, etc.)

Orgen

MK7 is inferior to MKDS let alone MK8, total pass on it.

If portability isn't a factor to you, then I'd move Mario Kart 7 down between Kirby Triple Deluxe and Pokémon X/Y

On the other hand, at least you can play Mario Kart 7 online.
RIP Nintendo WFC =(

MK7 feels very similar to MK8 but without motorcycles or anti-gravity. It's a spectacular game but the only reason to really go back to it now is for a few stand-out courses that didn't make it to MK8.

That's what I was thinking... thanks for the answers!

Anybody knows when is Xenodrifter supposed to release in Europe?

tolkir

That's what I was thinking... thanks for the answers!

Anybody knows when is Xenodrifter supposed to release in Europe?

Mmm, hard question. So many games from Renegade without releases:
- Bomb Monkey
- ATV Wild Ride 3D
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe
- Moon Chronicles

Don't have too much expectation.

I have read a spanish article where it says that Nintendo eShop, PSN and Xbox Live want to deploy a global system named IARC in the next months (already implemented on iOS and Android). It says don't cost money and it's fast.
I don't know if it will remove the costs by territory but it maybe can be the first step.

That system rating englobes:
- Pan European Game Information (PEGI) – Europe
- Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) – Germany
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) – North America
- Classificação Indicativa (ClassInd) – Brasil
- Classification Board - Australia

Article (Spanish)

Shiina

I figured this might be the best thread to ask. If I format the system of my MH4U N3DSXL, will I just be able to open the eShop and download the game again or is it gone forever?

Dee Dee

I figured this might be the best thread to ask. If I format the system of my MH4U N3DSXL, will I just be able to open the eShop and download the game again or is it gone forever?

The first question here is probably whether you have registered an NNID on the system - the game should then be available to re-download if you login on the eshop. But if you have not attached an NNID, your guess is as good as mine.

I had good experiences with Nintendo Customer Support in Europe when it comes to answering questions like that, you might as well ring them up to get official confirmation.

donny2112

Let's back up a bit. Why do you think you need to format your MH4U n3DSXL? What's the issue/endpoint you're trying to get to?

Also, the NNID question is important, too. :)

Shiina

Let's back up a bit. Why do you think you need to format your MH4U n3DSXL? What's the issue/endpoint you're trying to get to?

It's a homebrew/flashcard thing. Basically my sysnand is already formatted and the game is gone from there. I still have it on my emunand. What I'm wondering about is whether I could update my sysnand to whatever the current firmware is and just download the game over the eShop without any hassle or if that is not possible (I thought games were tied to hardware and not accounts so shouldn't my hardware still have the game toggled as bought?).
Regarding the NNID I did not link any to this system but as long as you don't need to be on the most recent firmware to create one I could still do that over my emunand where my game is still present.

also

Banned

Whether you create/link a NNID or not is inconsequential.

You can always redownload games as long as you don't delete your NNID (system settings) or your eShop ''account'' (eShop settings). So yes, you can format the system memory (System settings) and still be able to download all the games bought on the eShop. Though I should say I have no experiene with 3DS homebrew and how it affects NNIDs/eShop ''accounts' so I'm not sure what will happen in Shiina's case'.

TheMoon

sörine;157305733 said:
Great news! Now we just need Ittle Dew's sound fix and Costume Quest 2 off-tv. I'm thinking the latter might not happen now though.

anything CQ2 is dead probably which is a shame. at least they fixed the sound bug there.

oh and I hope Ludosity gets its shit together and releases Ittle Dew in Germany finally when that new ratings thing is implemented.

jholmes

So apparently Nicalis is still working on the 1001 Spikes patch and planning to submit it next month.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/580205976210427904

Super late but still awesome. I love this game and it's just easier to recommend with the patch.

sörine;157305733 said:
Great news! Now we just need Ittle Dew's sound fix and Costume Quest 2 off-tv. I'm thinking the latter might not happen now though.

Seriously, that Ittle Dew patch is also way late but the game's a must-buy anyway.

JoeM86

Japanese downloads next week
4/1
3DS
SIMPLE DL Series Vol.36 -THE escape from behind closed doors - On a Journey, Companions ...! Railway Hen (D3 Publisher) -520 yen

4/2
Wii U
Lego Batman 3 (Warner Bros.) - 5,616 yen
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Kadokawa Games) - 6,696 yen

3DS
Lego Batman 3 (Warner Bros.) - 4,536 yen
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Kadokawa Games) -5184 yen
Terraformers Fierce Fight on Crimson Planet (FuRyu) - 6,458 yen
Xenoblade 3D (Nintendo) -3700 yen

Conspicuously empty aside from retail games..

DooD1234

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask and I don't want to make a new thread but I'm going to ask anyway.

What the difference between the WiiU and 3DS Mutant Mudds? Any reason to pick one over the other. For $5 it seems like a good price to bite.

TheMoon

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask and I don't want to make a new thread but I'm going to ask anyway.

What the difference between the WiiU and 3DS Mutant Mudds? Any reason to pick one over the other. For $5 it seems like a good price to bite.

no difference other than HD / 3D

jholmes

Japanese downloads next week
4/1
3DS
SIMPLE DL Series Vol.36 -THE escape from behind closed doors - On a Journey, Companions ...! Railway Hen (D3 Publisher) -520 yen

4/2
Wii U
Lego Batman 3 (Warner Bros.) - 5,616 yen
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Kadokawa Games) - 6,696 yen

3DS
Lego Batman 3 (Warner Bros.) - 4,536 yen
Rodea the Sky Soldier (Kadokawa Games) -5184 yen
Terraformers Fierce Fight on Crimson Planet (FuRyu) - 6,458 yen
Xenoblade 3D (Nintendo) -3700 yen

I hope these spur some sort of Wii U sales that week. The Japanese hardware numbers are getting embarrassing.

donny2112

I hope these spur some sort of Wii U sales that week. The Japanese hardware numbers are getting embarrassing.

They've been bad for a long time now, and they're unlikely to get particularly better. Reaching GC sales in Japan (i.e. ~4m) seems very unlikely, at this point.

Top Bottom