• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2012 Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also does RGB? As a Supergun/JAMMA player I find that kinda cool assuming it's not a typo and they're actually just referring to VGA out (also cool).

zroid

Banned
definitely didn't blow me away, but it was no worse than Sony's IMO, and probably slightly better. Sony had one game I really wanted, and two games I was intrigued by. Nintendo did quite a bit better than that, although they also showed off many games I didn't care about at all.

I don't get why the conference left so many disappointed. It simply blew me away.

Nintendo had everything: first party exclusives the fans have been jonesing for for years (Luigi's Ghost Mansion AND Takamaru Ninja Castle), surprising and surprisingly original updates of past classics (New Super Mario Bros. WiiU), exciting third party exclusives (Batman: Arkham City and Ninja Gaiden 3), multiplayer franchises that undeniably will sell in the billions (TANK! TANK! TANK!) -- and top of that deep and meaningful single player experiences (Wii Fit U).

I'm sill enjoying the fireworks.

Perfectly sums it up.

WKVvu.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've seen better looking PS360 games, not the point of my post at all though..

What was your bet BTW?

Some stupid shit about him using my avatar if at E3 the games didn't look "demonstrably" better then PS360.

Trying to catch up on all the news between classes. Did they seriously have the conference without a blip about the new super smash game? Nothing about a proper, full fledged new mario sequel? (side scrolling mario is awesome but not a gamechanger like 64, sunshine or galaxy) nothing about a new fzero, Zelda, mariokart, dk, kirby or other nintendo franchises? No new IPs? Nothing about the wait remake of fatal frame 2 or other upcoming wii games? Wtf nintendo!

Daschysta

We just have no visual proof that it's true.

I mean ZombiU looks pretty good. But we don't really have anything.

Even after the big reveal.

I thought Lego City Underground/Stories actually looked very, very good.

But really Pikmin was a Wii game that got moved over, NSMB isn't going to push a system just because of what it is...

Rayman Legends looks nicer imo than Origins did, and that's an exclusive for now. ZombiU is a rough launch game and it still looks better than most PS360 games (the best ones look better, but on average this looked nicer imo.)

Also isn't the spec sheet of an earlier dev kit confirmed by multiple people on here, I haven't been in that thread for a few hours, but if that holds true than it suggests a decent leap over PS360 capabilities in addition to utilizing modern tech that should facilitate porting and newer graphical techniques.

andthebeatgoeson

You'd have to be an idiot to think that Nintendo couldn't match 2005 technology in 2012.
Well, it is neogaf...Ninty should have done something to combat this. Metroid or Zelda would have gone a long way. I'm still holding onto Zelda.
Why the fuck do we get Mass Effect 3 but not Dead Space 3 from EA?
That list of games is jacked. If Madden doesn't hit, i'm not sure what to do. Just use it as a Ninty box.
Why didn´t they demo a new game instead of Batman AC?
Aliens, AC3 would have been nice as it's new games or games that utilize the system well. Nobody wants the family crap that will follow E3 closely. I'm cool with casual stuff but it shouldn't be a major focus.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I am just sad, that they didnt even have one title, that showed the graphical capabilities of the WiiU.

I mean. Look at this:

nOB1L.jpg

Could be a texture from the WoW Release 7-8 years ago, right? Its Pikmin 3...

YOu can zoom in on a ground texture from graphical darling Uncharted 3 and it will look shit. If one texture is all it takes for you to be disappointed then I feel sorry for you.

Daschysta

That really does not matter. You know how simple it is to replace a texture? It's been in development for U for at least over a year. No excuse.

Are you then instead asserting that that texture is indicative of what the Wii-U is capable of? That's ridiculous. I didn't say whether it was excusable or not, just offered a likely explanation, one more likely than lolthewiiustextureslooklikeN64lulz.

roninjedi

Neo Member
I do not get the disappointment, It just E3 more stuff is coming, plus they only had a hour to show anything.

Love the presentation for what it is.

Was not expecting Zelda(especially Smash Bros) because that takes forever to make.

I do know why people thing nintendo can pull this games out every year zelda was released last year.

Wanted the newest ubisoft ip to be anounced, plus maybe capcom res 6, but no go.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I do not get the disappointment, It just E3 more stuff is coming, plus they only had a hour to show anything.

Love the presentation for what it is.

Was not expecting Zelda(especially Smash Bros) because that takes forever to make.

I do know why people thing nintendo can pull this games out every year zelda was released last year.

Wanted the newest ubisoft ip to be anounced, plus maybe capcom res 6, but no go.

If they had shown 1 minute of real Zelda gameplay then all would have been redeemed.

Goody

I'm OK with what I saw today. Of course, I was expecting something from Retro and that's honestly my only disappointment. I didn't expect Zelda, 3D Mario, or Metroid. I didn't expect a whole slew of new stuff. I think the hype was just way out of control leading up to this press briefing. After Microsoft and Sony's showings, the hype just went up exponentially. Everyone expected Nintendo to blow everyone out of the water.

To me, they did, even if just a little bit. The whole conference this year has been depressing. I said something to this effect over in the E3 violence thread, but there was a lot of viscera on display this year. I know I'm in the minority here, but Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, God of War, The Last of Us, and even some of Watch_Dogs all displayed something in them that I'm just getting sick of the older I get. I'm sure I'm coming off like a prudish fanboy here, and hey, maybe I am, but I was elated to see bright colors during the Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land showings.

ZombiU looks promising. If it really leans more towards survival I'm totally in for that. P-1000 looks promising along with some of the other stuff Nintendo decided to sort of ignore during their conference. I'm looking forward to the 3DS showing tomorrow and the roundtable tonight. I'm still disappoint we didn't see anything from Retro though. I think it was a mistake on Nintendo's part to not have something by them shown, in whatever form it may be in.

Mantorok

This has left me confused about the WiiU, they haven't shown me the direction or focus that it's going in.

I think the concept is interesting but I just get the feeling they are focusing on the controller too much and not enough on the games.

I thought the 3DS was a bit of a piss take, and I can't help feeling the same about the WiiU. Personally I think they are struggling for direction again, I'm seeing a pattern here and I think deep down they know they are going to drop significant market share next-gen, I think their lack of confidence is showing too.

I got excited over the Wii, the controller, the games, with the Wii U I actually don't know what to think, and this show-case hasn't helped.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Trying to catch up on all the news between classes. Did they seriously have the conference without a blip about the new super smash game? Nothing about a proper, full fledged new mario sequel? (side scrolling mario is awesome but not a gamechanger like 64, sunshine or galaxy) nothing about a new fzero, Zelda, mariokart, dk, kirby or other nintendo franchises? No new IPs? Nothing about the wait remake of fatal frame 2 or other upcoming wii games? Wtf nintendo!

Nope, one two Nintendo franchises for Wii U and one of them is a side scroller.

Juice

E3 Conferences come and go, but the announcement that the Wii U will support 2 GamePads will last the entire life of the Wii U. Really glad

YOu can zoom in on a ground texture from graphical darling Uncharted 3 and it will look shit. If one texture is all it takes for you to be disappointed then I feel sorry for you.

I'm looking forward to Pikmin, but some of this stuff could have been a lot better. Low poly objects, and flat textures. Bump mapping and shaders go a long way to fix this up, but there doesn't appear to be any. The Wii U is supposed to be capable of this stuff, right?

This is the big name at the conference, you would think they would have tried to push the graphics just a little bit more.

Are you then instead asserting that that texture is indicative of what the Wii-U is capable of? That's ridiculous. I didn't say whether it was excusable or not, just offered a likely explanation, one more likely than lolthewiiustextureslooklikeN64lulz.

I, in no way, feel that this is the case. I think it's more a matter of lack of knowledge of working with HD. They need more employees that are comfortable working in this environment.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Has the Geoff teardown interview been posted anywhere yet? I wanna see Reggie get torn up.

make-it-so.jpg

Gotta find the original guy who put it together.
laugh2.gif
( He has the source files and I don't know animation ).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'll say this again- if Nintendo really has zero launch window support from EA Sports, the console is fucked. Fucked I say.

Vinci

Danish
This E3 has just been uneventful. I mean, that's all I can think to say to describe it. Nothing feels like an event, like a phenomenon in the making. It all just feels so drained.

This is a general statement, yes, but now that we've seen what Nintendo has the feeling has sort of been confirmed. A year to plan and that's what we get?

Seriously?

I'll say this again- if Nintendo really has zero launch window support from EA Sports, the console is fucked. Fucked I say.

No, that's a fact. I mean, it may still sell decently but it'll never achieve any sort of mass acceptance.

watershed

Banned
I hope Nintendo talks about and shows off the eshop and system features at the roundtable. I want to see more system level stuff.

Galang

Banned
I don't get why the conference left so many disappointed. It simply blew me away.

Nintendo had everything: first party exclusives the fans have been jonesing for for years (Luigi's Ghost Mansion AND Takamaru Ninja Castle), surprising and surprisingly original updates of past classics (New Super Mario Bros. WiiU), exciting third party exclusives (Batman: Arkham City and Ninja Gaiden 3), multiplayer franchises that undeniably will sell in the billions (TANK! TANK! TANK!) -- and top of that deep and meaningful single player experiences (Wii Fit U).

I'm sill enjoying the fireworks.

This is a great post, I actually believed it for a second lol.

Gahiggidy

The game looks good overall but I do agree that as I watched it I thought the ground texture was the area they needed to improve, though it looks much better when you don't zoom in 20x
Issue is how do you do a LOD switch to high res textures without noticeable pop-in? When you zoom in Pikmin it happens very fast.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
No, that's a fact. I mean, it may still sell decently but it'll never achieve any sort of mass acceptance.

I'm not willing to go that far since it is only June and Nintendo is weird. But if the lineup they released today is basically final, then I agree with you.

Sure. I know what you mean.

It is just, i was really expecting at least Nintendo to show some High-Profile Game, with graphics like Uncharted or something like that to show off the graphical cababilities of the new Hardware.

Right now I would think the WiiU is just a 360 from the graphical standards.

(Besides I didnt even zoom in. Just used the pic from the official Nintendo-Page)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This E3 has just been uneventful. I mean, that's all I can think to say to describe it. Nothing feels like an event, like a phenomenon in the making. It all just feels so drained.

This is a general statement, yes, but now that we've seen what Nintendo has the feeling has sort of been confirmed. A year to plan and that's what we get?

Seriously?
That's exactly how I feel. Last year's E3 showed probably twice as much as this year, at least. I want to make a list of all of the things Nintendo didn't talk about that they should have. Ugh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
L4D looks great on pc.

It's like some of you guys have never seen this magical thing called a computer.
Yeah, I just played some L4D2 to make sure I'm not crazy. Looks great. ZombiU definitely isn't "miles better"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom