• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2012 Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

So do we have an idea about the WiiU horsepower or is it what I think it is? The games shown today look like a very slightly beefed up version of a PS3/360.

I think we have to wait for someone to steal one and rip it to bits. Only issue is that it will be Dev Kit and not retail, so the specs would be different.

So do we have an idea about the WiiU horsepower or is it what I think it is? The games shown today look like a very slightly beefed up version of a PS3/360.
I'd like to hear in what way they look beefed up (not that the hardware isn't capable of a bit more, I just didn't see it).

Anyways, 3rd parties will bail as soon as MS/Sony new hardware comes out, and we'll start seeing spin-offs soon enough. I wonder if we'll even see RE6 on WiiU, seems like it would be a freakin no-brainer.

I am just sad, that they didnt even have one title, that showed the graphical capabilities of the WiiU.

I mean. Look at this:

nOB1L.jpg

Could be a texture from the WoW Release 7-8 years ago, right? Its Pikmin 3...

Please, new Retro game details, Yoshi Island Good Feel game, Monolith title, SOMETHING at developer to partially redeem this terrible day!

You'd have to be an idiot to think that Nintendo couldn't match 2005 technology in 2012.

AgentUnknown - nice .gif but enough already. Yes it was a disaster but we all saw the post already.

Sorry. Yeah, I know I got carried away on that one, apologies. That Toonces gif brings me so many soothing, bittersweet tears of laughter I guess I went overboard.

I find Pikmin more interesting than Halo, Splinter Cell, or CoD.

Mario too, but the thing that sent it crashing down for me? Huge focus on NintendoLand, and absolutely nothing from Retro, or a large 3rd party game. They can't even moneyhat Resident Evil.

I agree completely. I don't care for shooters and was really looking to be wowed today. I was pumped for Pikmin and I'd likely buy NSMBU, but after that it fell so flat. I mean, surely Retro and Moster Games have to be working on something, right? No Excite?

And NintendoLand will "be available during the launch window" which sounds like it's not a pack-in like Wii Sports was. I can't see this selling tons of copies (I mean the trailer was a train going in a circle), but who knows. And they didn't show this Project P-100 game, but spent ten minutes on last year's Batman game that most people have already finished.

Bizarre conference, and pretty disappointing.

edit: I forgot Rayman Legends from yesterday. That one looked quite nice.

Right, but the thing is even with a dull launch you should back it up with promises and teases of things to come.

No joke, I got the original DS at launch because they showed a small clip of NSMB at that year's E3. It didn't come for over a year after that, but I got the system right away because I knew it was coming at some point. They needed to create more excitement, even if the stuff had to be released into next year.

If there is one thing that is constant in this world it's the people who say Nintendo is doomed every year.

but no! they are really doomed this year! lists of x, y, and z.

ecurbj

I liked it better than Microsoft and Sony's presentations.

A lot of humor from Reggie. Solid first party lineup for WiiU. Nintendo never had a problem with that.

Games I would like to play:
-Project P-100
-New Super Mario Bros. U
-ZombiU
-LEGO City Undercover
-Wii FitU
-Pikmin 3
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-SiNG (kinda like it a little)
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Batman: Arkham City-Armored Edition
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

I'm just kinda thrown off by the packaging when buying the WiiU.

Will it come with the WiiU, WiiU controller, and the WiiMote & Nunchuck?

Overall I give Nintendo E3 conference a:

Grade: B

Donnie

Nice lighting, notice the shadow from the teeth on that ZombiU shot. Unless that's a black tongue.

Really nice texture on the zomie itself with all the little details of veins, little bumps ect. There are plenty of places to improve in the secene overall, but as a work in progress I think it looks nice. Interestingly earlier on before the game was played some people were claiming these very visuals to be CGI, now they're clearly playable they're worse than L4D.. never ceases to amaze me this place :D

Goldmund

I don't get why the conference left so many disappointed. It simply blew me away.

Nintendo had everything: first party exclusives the fans have been jonesing for for years (Luigi's Ghost Mansion AND Takamaru Ninja Castle), surprising and surprisingly original updates of past classics (New Super Mario Bros. WiiU), exciting third party exclusives (Batman: Arkham City and Ninja Gaiden 3), multiplayer franchises that undeniably will sell in the billions (TANK! TANK! TANK!) -- and top of that deep and meaningful single player experiences (Wii Fit U).

I'm sill enjoying the fireworks.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Why didn´t they demo a new game instead of Batman AC?

Assassins Creed III is suppose to use the tablet in several ways. Or Aliens, or Darksiders 2...

I dunno... I guess NOA looked at the sales and accolades of BatmanAC and siad "yeah, that's what will get core gamers excited!" :rolleyes

Has the Geoff teardown interview been posted anywhere yet? I wanna see Reggie get torn up.

What if when the passenger's point to the left, right, ahead... the GIF cut to embarassing points during the conference (dancing,reggie-zombi,25-minute explanation of how to play Luigi-PacMan).

make-it-so.jpg

Another weird thing.....where was the NFC stuff?....nothing shown, not even mentioned??
They stealth showed it on the Wi Fit section. The girl put her pedometer onto it to log the calories...hence why the guy was still working out while she watched the TV...

After show Iwata showed the pedometer in question. All the standard tech of a modern one so, works out distance, calories, altitude...

So yeah NFC so far is a Wii Fit peripheral (that'll probably be bundled with Wii Fit U). Standard course to join the GBA > Gamecube link cable, ROB and DK Bongos...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Really nice texture on the zomie itself with all the little details of veins, little bumps ect. There are plenty of places to improve in the secene overall, but as a work in progress I think it looks nice. Interestingly earlier on before the game was played some people were claiming these very visuals to be CGI, now they're clearly playable they're worse than L4D.. never ceases to amaze me this place :D

I've seen better looking PS360 games.

Now where's that guy I had a avatar bet with?

Donnie

Maybe he played the PC version. I have not played it in a bit but surly it looks better than the shot you posted.

That was one of the better 360 images of the game, if he's really comparing it to PC than he needs to sit down and have a think about why consoles shouldn't be compared to PC games.

Roo

I liked it better than Microsoft and Sony's presentations.

A lot of humor from Reggie. Solid first party lineup for WiiU. Nintendo never had a problem with that.

Games I would like to play:
-Project P-100
-New Super Mario Bros. U
-ZombiU
-LEGO City Undercover
-Wii FitU
-Pikmin 3
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-SiNG (kinda like it a little)
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Batman: Arkham City-Armored Edition
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

I'm just kinda thrown off by the packaging when buying the WiiU.

Will it come with the WiiU, WiiU controller, and the WiiMote & Nunchuck?

Overall I give Nintendo E3 conference a:

Grade: B

isn't that a 3DS game?

Feorax

Based on this conference, would it be fair to assume there will be no ongoing support for the Wii once the Wii-U is released?

Skyward Sword the last hurrah...

I think my biggest problem with the Nintendo conference was that while both the Microsoft and Sonly conferences were underwhelming I will cut them some slack because they are in holding patterns until they announce the new consoles. Nintendo's failure to generate any excitement about a brand new console that they are going to try to sell for the foreseeable future is much more concerning.

I am still cautiously optimistic about the prospects for the 3ds though, I think the death of dedicated handhelds has been exaggerated and hopefully with the upcoming announcement of new games it will finally hit its stride.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I don't get why the conference left so many disappointed. It simply blew me away.

Nintendo had everything: first party exclusives the fans have been jonesing for for years (Luigi's Ghost Mansion AND Takamaru Ninja Castle), surprising and surprisingly original updates of past classics (New Super Mario Bros. WiiU), exciting third party exclusives (Batman: Arkham City and Ninja Gaiden 3), multiplayer franchises that undeniably will sell in the billions (TANK! TANK! TANK!) -- and top of that deep and meaningful single player experiences (Wii Fit U).

I'm sill enjoying the fireworks.

Is this serious?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just such a disconnect between the message Nintendo tried to send last year (Wii U is different than Wii U, initial audience will be different, we want the hardcore), and its first party efforts.

I like to focus on Japan, because Nintendo still very much cares about its home territory. Hardware wise, I think it will do very well at first. New 2D Mario, Wii Fit, Pikmin. But they are going after the exact same demographics that led to Nintendo getting terrible 3rd party support in the first place. It is like they learned nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom