• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: line-up for the rest of 2015 (Star Fox, Fatal Frame 5, more)

I have already bought many $40 Amiibo thanks to Nintendo's anti-consumer retailer exclusive garbage. The $40 price tag on the mega Amiibo is Nintendo's MSRP, but eBay scalpers are going to set the real price.

It's probably coming so late because NoA wasn't even going to release it until the online uproar.

The fact that it's getting a retail release and Fatal Frame isn't is hilarious.

But there's going to be a much bigger online uproar of Fatal Frame than Devil's Third. That's what doesn't make sense.

They should just have Xseed release it like Devil's Third was planned to.

RPGCrazied

Xenoblade X, so close, yet so far. Didn't NoA say it was getting a CE/LE or something? Still don't know jack about that.

Devil's Third gets a retail release but Fatal Frame doesn't, kinda surprising. Sucks this wasn't presented in a Direct. I hope they aren't done with them.

jph139

Free-to-start on Fatal Frame is cool. How many chapters in the full version?

Mega amiibo is cool but I'd probably just stick with the little ones...

Josh5890

I can't remember the last time we received all of these release dates in one press release. I guess no Direct for a while :(

Kurosori

Banned
Why some people say that StarFox Zero and Xenoblade Chronicles X release the same day in Europe? According to their Twitter accounts, it's November 20th for StarFox and December 4th for Xenoblade (from NintendoUK, NintendoFrance, NintendoDE and NintendoEurope).

correojon

Super Mario Maker, Star Fox, Fatal Frame and Mario Tennis. Awesome content and my must buys for the end of the year, the only problem is that I won´t have time to play them all and Splatoon.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
it's incredible how few games the Wii U has, and how I'm gonna buy practically all of them LOL
great to see dates for EU too, so now my purchase schedule is:

Super Mario Maker: September
Fatal Frame limited edition: October
Star fox, Mario Tennis: November
Xeno limited edition: December

still on the fence for Animal crossing amiibo: if it's "free to download", and so the retail version at a SRP around 39 bucks, I could buy it, considering the two amiibos and the 3 cards in the bundle.

I'm on the fence for the other "toy-to-life" games too, probably waiting for them to drop the price, but I'm probably going to buy Infinity, Supercharger and Lego too.

Plus, the 3DS games (Zelda, Chibi Robot)...my wallet!

ash_ag

I'm not impressed by the EU 3DS line-up at all. As if Pokémon SMD's unreasonable delay wasn't enough, Yo-Kai Watch doesn't seem to have moved up to Holidays 2015 like in NA. I may pickup Tri Force Heroes, and I'm mildly interested in Zip-Lash, but I think I'll wait for the reviews.

Star Fox Zero at $60, a few people aren't going to be happy about that.

I don't see how they're going to justify that price. I think it's going to get savaged in reviews (which it should be). Even Yoshi, like Tropical Freeze is priced at $50.

As for Devil's Third as much as I'm interested I won't buy at launch since its price and release date spell deep discount. I was hoping for a $40 launch price.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm not impressed by the EU 3DS line-up at all. As if Pokémon SMD's unreasonable delay wasn't enough, Yo-Kai Watch doesn't seem to have moved up to Holidays 2015 like in NA. I may pickup Tri Force Heroes, and I'm mildly interested in Zip-Lash, but I think I'll wait for the reviews.

don't overlook LBX, releasing if few weeks.
I'd have bought Yokai day one, if released, now we have to wait a little longer...

Codeblue

Europe is getting a Limited Edition retail release with posters, artbooks and all that stuff^^ But I guess Nintendo US doesn't care

It's progress. A couple of years ago we would have had to start some social media campaign to get them to acknowledge it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That 3DS lineup, wow. If I bought a new 3DS, I would be so pissed right about now.

E-phonk

Banned
Mario Maker is on pre-order and Xenoblade is still a maybe - looks like Q4 '15 is when I'll buy a PS4 to accompany my WiiU and PS3.
Wish Fire Emblem was Q4 though.

Shang

Fatal Frame being free-to-start is perfect for me. I was on the fence about the game (never played a FF game before), but it will be a lot easier to decide after playing the first chapter.

It's a shame how people will base a game's price off of early footage and basically no details.

That's partly why people are weary about the game. It supposedly comes out very soon, but we haven't seen much of it and we don't know the release date.

wrowa

Only ? Thats awesome...who ever is interested in FF5 would prefer a LE anyway. Unless its way more expensive which i doubt.

Well, it's better than digital-only, in any case. However, limited edition-only also means that NoE will just print one limited print-run and after that it's digital-only. But, yeah, hopefully there will be enough copies, so that everyone interested in the game will be able to buy one without big problems.

NotLiquid

In Europe, Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash will launch on the same day.

CNLCTwQWsAAYrMu.png:large

NEO0MJ

I agree with the people saying that it's crazy that Devil's Third gets a physical release but not Fatal Frame.

It's a shame how people will base a game's price off of early footage and basically no details.

It's just that Nintendo has done nothing to alleviate our concerns yet. No online multi doesn't help, either.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I guess the game isn't completely free then?
Isabelle and Digby were the only AC amiibo I kind of wanted, might get in on this...

why you say that?
unfortunately, we still don't know the price, but that quote just say that the game is slated for '15 release, and that at retail it will be bundled with 2 amiibos and 3 cards.
I still hope for a 40 price tag (15 + 15 + 5 more or less, + 5 for packaging/disc)

So Mario Tennis will be delayed to 2016 then?
Also wow, that is such a weak holiday line-up. ~Sigh~

Uh, how is Wii U's holiday lineup "weak"? Even without Zelda, it's pretty solid.

It's the rest of 2015 that's been a barren wasteland, outside of Splatoon. People rag on MS for putting too much emphasis on the holidays but man, Nintendo has been so much worse this generation.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
In for Fatal Frame day 1, and will have to circle back to Mario Maker (after I finish NSMBU) and Xenoblade (after Persona 5.)

Jawmuncher

How the hell did fatal frame get regulated to wahoo, but Devils Third managed a retail release after everything it's been through? Oh well.

Kouichi

That's partly why people are weary about the game. It supposedly comes out very soon, but we haven't seen much of it and we don't know the release date.

I'm guessing they're either waiting for Super Mario Maker to release or there is/was supposed to be a Nintendo Direct this month. Either way, it's too early to criticize the price of a game that people barely know about. I understand the worry though.

Hero

The fact that all this information came from a press release makes me feel like we're not getting a Direct.

MrV4ltor

The fact that all this information came from a press release makes me feel like we're not getting a Direct.
Oh no. We'll get a 1 minute Direct where they announce the release date for Animal Crossing: amiibo festival and you'll love every second of it.

Uh, how is Wii U's holiday lineup "weak"? Even without Zelda, it's pretty solid.

It's the rest of 2015 that's been a barren wasteland, outside of Splatoon. People rag on MS for putting too much emphasis on the holidays but man, Nintendo has been so much worse this generation.
Yeah, I should have said fall and winter line-ups. It is one game a month for the Wii U and 3DS. Only Yokai Watch I think will get sales.
Specially when PS4 is getting Persona 5 and Disgaea 5 this year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

They're probably still trying to work out a new style of Direct since Iwata's passing.

Top Bottom