• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: line-up for the rest of 2015 (Star Fox, Fatal Frame 5, more)

wrowa

So Mario Tennis will be delayed to 2016 then?
Also wow, that is such a weak holiday line-up. ~Sigh~

Why would you think so? It'll come out Nov 20th in Europe and they just reconfirmed a holiday 2015 release for the US. Sounds like NoA is just not sure yet on the day.

The fact that all this information came from a press release makes me feel like we're not getting a Direct.

Yeah, it's definitely the kind of information we would have gotten as part of a Direct in the last couple years. But Nintendo doesn't even have a new president yet, so you shouldn't be surprised that stuff like Nintendo Direct is still up in the air at this point. It's too soon to say what will happen with the concept.

MrV4ltor

Here's the boxart for Star Fox Zero
CNLKNYAWwAAqGh0.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
No? Already has a release date in Europe and will probably get one for NA soon. Amiibo Festival doesn't have one either.

Hopefully, both those release dates will be unveiled in an upcoming Direct.

Not that interested in the games (especially Amiibo party, urgh), I just want a new Direct :(

The fact that all this information came from a press release makes me feel like we're not getting a Direct.

I miss Directs as much as the next person does but honestly, it's too soon and Ninty doesn't even have a new president yet. Let them get their shit together before they start up the directs.

Star Fox is by its nature a very short experience that I doubt changes for this entry.

You then have the issue that the graphics are sub-par (five more months isn't going to do magic).

This two clearly make it not worth $60. Especially when better experiences have been launched by Nintendo at $50 and $40.

Many people myself included felt Star Fox 64 3D offer too little for the price and Star Fox Zero doesn't have a multiplayer mode.

Finally there is the awkward and unnecessary control scheme. Previews have been negative to at best saying its weird. It doesn't add anything to score attack experience, it just detracts from it.

It's the Nintendo game other than Devil's Third I feel confident in not chance of an above 80 average and a good chance of being on the 60's.

Wanderer5

How the hell can Devil's Third can get a retail release, but not Fatal Frame? And course it and Yoshi are going to release closely, not surprise at all.<.<

*sigh* I probably just end up getting one for now, and maybe the other for xmas (or Star Fox actually, grrr). Dat Mega Yoshi is kind of cute through heh.

How the hell did fatal frame get regulated to wahoo, but Devils Third managed a retail release after everything it's been through? Oh well.
I figured Devil's Third was going to not be published and Fatal Frame was always going to be digital. People made a ruckus and Devil's Third got republished.
Hence why Fatal Frame has not changed. Also that thread that called it after E3 was pretty on point.

I like how NOA always manages to piss off their fans, it's like secretly one of their missions.

retail release for Devil Third but not Fatal Frame, really.

baconcow

Pretty empty line-up, IMO. Only interested in Xenoblade Chronicles (maybe), Star Fox (maybe), Zelda Tri-Force Heroes, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The NSMB Wii U bundle is nice, great games.

Sterok

Hilarious how Devil's Third manages a retail release, but Fatal Frame is stuck on the eshop. And by hilarious I mean sad. Free to start is nice I guess.

Kriken

The Giant Yoshi Amiibo reinforces the idea that Nintendo should partner with Hasbro or something to make toys. That's clearly more a toy than anything else

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How the hell can Devil's Third can get a retail release, but not Fatal Frame? And course it and Yoshi are going to release closely, not surprise at all.<.<

*sigh* I probably just end up getting one for now, and maybe the other for xmas. Dat Mega Yoshi is kind of cute through heh.

I presume the 'try for free' aspect is why FF is limited to an eShop only release, obviously the game being a horror title on Wii U means Nintendo will be wary to begin with. Even Europe is only getting a limited run of collectors' sections, after that's sold out the game will not be available on disc. NoA does not normally like releasing those CEs because they would have to produce a lot more than NoE (where Nintendo is almost dead in several markets), and the Wii U audience is not worth spending that kind of money on.

Devil's Third I thought was getting co-published with xSeed, so Nintendo wouldn't be fronting all the costs.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Star fox zero coming out this year caught me off guard, that means that the e3 build I played was farther off than I thought.

TI82

Banned
As a Wii U owner, cool I have Xenoblade preordered and will buy Mewtwo/Falco amiibos.

If I wasn't a Wii U owner: No way in hell would I become one this holiday season. Poor lineup compared to it's competitors, still no price cut, and next year the system's successor is revealed and possibly released.

Neoxon

As a Wii U owner, cool I have Xenoblade preordered and will buy Mewtwo/Falco amiibos.

If I wasn't a Wii U owner: No way in hell would I become one this holiday season. Poor lineup compared to it's competitors, still no price cut, and next year the system's successor is revealed and possibly released.
They started selling this thing at a profit not too long ago. And if I recall, the GamePad isn't exactly allowing the Wii U to go any lower in price.

TunaLover

I presume the 'try for free' aspect is why FF is limited to an eShop only release, obviously the game being a horror title on Wii U means Nintendo will be wary to begin with. Even Europe is only getting a limited run of collectors' sections, after that's sold out the game will not be available on disc. NoA does not normally like releasing those CEs because they would have to produce a lot more than NoE (where Nintendo is almost dead in several markets), and the Wii U audience is not worth spending that kind of money on.

Devil's Third I thought was getting co-published with xSeed, so Nintendo wouldn't be fronting all the costs.
When NoE release a CE, do they need make different package for every country? Or it's just one?

TI82

Banned
They started selling this thing at a profit not too long ago. And if I recall, the GamePad isn't exactly allowing the Wii U to go any lower in price.

I mean I understand that the gamepad (see I said gamepad this time lol) is a huge boon but jeez. It's just going to sink even further at that price point.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
When NoE release a CE, do they need make different package for every country? Or it's just one?

Just one I think, because they all have the box art ruined by hideously huge German ratings logos.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope Triforce Heroes is decent because that 3ds lineup is abysmal if it isn't good.

What I played of it was really, really fun. Just make sure you're either playing locally or over Skype with friends as chatting was a key experience.

I personally wouldn't call a line up that includes a new MD game abysmal.

frequency

Really too bad about Fatal Frame. I'm not going to buy a hard drive for just one game.
It's really hard to be a "Nintendo fan" sometimes. I hate NOA so much.

Dr. Buni

Extremely uninteresting line up to me, both for the 3DS and Wii U. I don't play horror games, XCX devolved into a lame otaku game and I am not feeling the new Star Fox yet. At least there's Youkai Watch for the 3DS and I might pick the new Mystery Dungeon game if it is anything like the GBA/DS ones.

Hopefully there's more Smash DLC to be announced soon since I doubt they have any new meaningful games to announce for the Wii U. As for the 3DS, I would really like if they would at least announce the new Rhythm Heaven for the non JP people.

E-phonk

Banned
BTW, am I correct that there are currently 3 announced WiiU games (first party) for 2016?
- SMTxFE (Unknown)
- Zelda Wii U (Q4 2016?)
- Pokken (Q2 2016?)

I would assume they'd at least have something else up their sleaves as that would be one of the most barren release schedules of an active console ever.

Crocodile

Star Fox Zero at $60, a few people aren't going to be happy about that.

I don't see how they're going to justify that price. I think it's going to get savaged in reviews (which it should be). Even Yoshi, like Tropical Freeze is priced at $50.

As for Devil's Third as much as I'm interested I won't buy at launch since its price and release date spell deep discount. I was hoping for a $40 launch price.

Star Fox is by its nature a very short experience that I doubt changes for this entry.

You then have the issue that the graphics are sub-par (five more months isn't going to do magic).

This two clearly make it not worth $60. Especially when better experiences have been launched by Nintendo at $50 and $40.

Many people myself included felt Star Fox 64 3D offer too little for the price and Star Fox Zero doesn't have a multiplayer mode.

Finally there is the awkward and unnecessary control scheme. Previews have been negative to at best saying its weird. It doesn't add anything to score attack experience, it just detracts from it.

It's the Nintendo game other than Devil's Third I feel confident in not chance of an above 80 average and a good chance of being on the 60's.

Graphics and length (putting aside that Star Fox games tend to have a shitton of replayability in just Single Player modes) are the only things that should be used to discern pricing? I feel maybe we should wait till we have the final version of the game to discern if its worth $60 or not (i.e. if its a good game or not). Lord knows I've played $60 games I thought were worth more or less than the asking price due to their quality and fun rather than checking a box looking for "graphics" and "length". Which isn't to say I don't understand the value proposition of a lengthy game but a game can't just be long, it has to be good and engaging before anything else.

Top Bottom