• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Paid Online Services Include Free NES/SNES Game Every Month (for that month)

I have a Mini and SNES, but this could work for some people.

You should have access to the game for duration of sub and not just one month, though!

VanWinkle

Uhhh....so instead of getting four+ games like PS4 and Xbox One, to play as long as you're subscribed, you get one NES or SNES game to play during the duration of the month. WHAT.

IT GETS WORSE THE MORE I HEAR.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Why aren't people acting like this is incredibly great news?!?! What the fuck?

VC GAMES NOW HAVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER FOR FUCKS SAKE

This is mindblowing.
That thing emulators have been doing since forevers? Dun sound all that mindblowing to me. Their VC hasn't been doing this until now? Welcome to the 2000's Nintendo!

Jawmuncher

Only way they can really use this as incentive, is if the online price is drastically cheaper than the competition. Looking at those controller prices though, wouldn't be surprised to see them try and charge more than PSN and XBL.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow. A "free" game I already have in Retroarch. Thanks Ninty!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So worse than PS+.

Gotta try to justify that paid online somehow, I suppose.

I sincerely hope the month aspect is a miswording

IrishNinja

damn, kinda wanna see what games, as well as online price - it sounds silly but while ive waited for online play/leaderboards on classic stuff, really wish they were getting trophies too!

Why aren't people acting like this is incredibly great news?!?! What the fuck?

VC GAMES NOW HAVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER FOR FUCKS SAKE

This is mindblowing.
Because this is shit. Online play being paid is a scam, especially from Nintendo when shit barely works.

Thanks for the online Urban Champion!

LoveCake

There isn't much more information at the link, this just doesn't seem to have been thought through at all :/

HowZatOZ

Banned
When PS4 launched, what did they offer in the first month of PS+? Actually, what did Xbox Live for Xbox One offer as well? I'm curious to know if they also had a gestation period where nothing was offered until there were actual "games" available to offer.

entremet

That thing emulators have been doing since forevers? Dun sound all that mindblowing to me. Their VC hasn't been doing this until now? Welcome to the 2000's Nintendo!
No one cares about emulators. Mass market anyway. Hence NES Classic scalping.

jholmes

Paid online, fuck off. I ain't doing that just 'cause some idiot who owns a PS4 does.

Now, online Virtual Console, that's pretty rad.

woopWOOP

Atleast I'll be able to play VC game of the month with my buddy across the country!

....Unless it's a Mega Man or something.

Hexer06

Ummm... Am I reading the info right about Voice Chat?
"Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.
A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017."

So first I have to use my smart phone to do Party Chat? Definitely not a fan of that, but at least I'd have party chat... But then I have to PAY for the "full version"(whatever the fuck that means) of the app. What in the actual hell??? I'm guessing this is on TOP of the paid multiplayer subscription?

VanWinkle

When PS4 launched, what did they offer in the first month of PS+? Actually, what did Xbox Live for Xbox One offer as well? I'm curious to know if they also had a gestation period where nothing was offered until there were actual "games" available to offer.

I believe PS4 started with 2 games and then had 1 game a month for a few months and went over to to again. Xbox One never had a program like this at launch.

Top Bottom